Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something i've always wanted to know, but how is a WWE/TNA match planned? Some people have told me that the wrestlers whisper to each other during the match and plan the match and moves that way, but others have told me the matches are planned by other employees and the matches are memorized and practiced elsewhere before it happens in public.

So i was just hoping to get an honest answer, how do the wrestlers know what, where and when to do a move?

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
are you trying to tell me wrestling's fake?

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
It varies from wrestler to wrestler. Some wrestlers just plan the major spots with each other and then make it up as they go along. That's probably the easiest route. Randy Savage was famous for ridigly planning every spot of his matches in sequence. How I have no idea, he must've had an amazing memory.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
It varies from wrestler to wrestler. Some wrestlers just plan the major spots with each other and then make it up as they go along. That's probably the easiest route. Randy Savage was famous for ridigly planning every spot of his matches in sequence. How I have no idea, he must've had an amazing memory.
IIRC, in Hogans book, he mentions the Rock wanting to plan their match out in advance like that, and he replys something along the line of, "Woah, woah, brother... I ain't gonna remember any of this, lets just go with the flow"

·
Registered
544 Posts
Most of them plan the big spots in advance and the finish and the rest they just go with, like before hand they will say you have a few minutes attacking me ill come back in to it and dominate then you finish the match. During match they will just whisper what move is next. So long paragraph cut short they plan the finish and big spots

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
A lot of opponents who gel well in the ring prefer to just be told who wins, and how long they have to fight. Some of the best ring minds will mhave a basic plan, and change things as they're going along based on fan reaction.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
A lot of opponents who gel well in the ring prefer to just be told who wins, and how long they have to fight. Some of the best ring minds will mhave a basic plan, and change things as they're going along based on fan reaction.
Like, for example, The Rock.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
usually the booker tells both guys who will win and the wrestler discuss some of the major things they want to do before the match and during the match they just tell each other what to do....They ref tells them when their time is almost up and they finish it....Also many times the two wrestlers will have matches in house shows to try out some spots and see how well they work with eachother, if things dont work its not a big deal because it is a house show and is not televised.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
I’ve heard Randy Savage needed every single detail worked out prior to the match. He was incapable of improvisation. You wouldn’t think he was an overly meticulous kind of guy to look at him.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
wrestlers talk whenever they're in headlocks ... well most of them, chris jericho became to awesome to hide it so he'd just tell the wrestler right to their face and most of the time you can see him talking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts