Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I heard he was eventually going to be called up to the main roster, I've started watching some of his FCW stuff and just wanted to know if this guy is actually any good? I really can not tell by YouTube's videos of him since there is only 2 or 3 matches (decent at best). I know he has been compared to Batista, which may not get the approval of a lot of people on here, but that is pretty big expectations considering Dave's status in WWE within the past 5 years.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Only seen one match and he didn't exactly look up to scratch, pretty slow paced match. That's just my opinion though but I hate slow paced matches.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
You heard wrong. He was on tour with the crew doing house shows. That's ultimately meaningless. Wade Barrett was doing houseshows and dark matches in 07/08 and wasn't called up. Alex Riley did dark matches last year and wasn't called up. The fact that Mason Ryan was also doing dark matches means nothing.

He's also considerably worse than Sheamus, McIntyre and Barrett who were in developmental for 2-3 years before getting called up.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I've only seen one match involving Mason Ryan and it absolutely sucked shit. He definitely needs more time in FCW.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I saw him wrestle live on the European tour. He's gonna be big. (I think Ryan Mason sounds a little better than Mason Ryan.)

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the article I was referring to earlier:

- This isn't confirmed yet but Johnny Curtis reportedly became the new FCW Heavyweight Champion at Thursday's TV tapings after beating Mason Ryan by forfeit. Mason wasn't at the WWE developmental tapings because he has been overseas with the main WWE roster. This is a good sign that Mason, who is similar to Batista, may end up on RAW or SmackDown soon.

Credit: Lords of Pain

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bullshit. Curtis isn't listed as FCW champ, which is done whenever the titles change hands at a taping.
If he did win the title, they would not update it until Sunday after the show airs in it's 6pm time slot.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
i haven't seen much but i've heard from solid people on this site with good taste that he pretty much sucks, and is very, very green in the ring.

then again, they are comparing him to Batista, so i don't really know what you're supposed to expect when it comes to in-ring skills.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I've only seen one match of his, it's from a UK fed a few years ago and he was poor in it. I wouldn't expect too much from him tbf. He's got a look and in the current WWE climate, that's all he's going to need.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Oh dear, this is not good news. He is extremely green and still very inadequate both in-ring and on the microphone. For evidence of his promo skills, refer to the video in my signature.

I'm all for British wrestlers getting pushed in the WWE, but entering so prematurely can only do damage to Ryan's prospects. I can't imagine him impressing many people if he gets called up now.

Bullshit. Curtis isn't listed as FCW champ, which is done whenever the titles change hands at a taping.
I made a thread on here when Mason Ryan won the title from Alex Riley; the FCW website wasn't updated with the change until several days later.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
The comparisons to Batista aren't all that accurate really. He's got a similar build and look in terms of his face.

Other than that, I don't buy it. I haven't seen much that distinguishes him from any other FCW guys, to be honest. He works the WWE style just fine, and he speaks very slowly on the mic. Nothing exciting or extraordinary. Pretty much just what you'd expect to come from their developmental system - just another guy who is capable of working how they want him to work.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
from what i've seen, he SUCKS!

he can't wrestle, he can't talk. He couldn't he even properly execute his finish mover

Only thing he got going for him is his size. But that's all it takes to be a "superstar" in the WWE nowadays

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh dear, this is not good news. He is extremely green and still very inadequate both in-ring and on the microphone. For evidence of his promo skills, refer to the video in my signature.

I'm all for British wrestlers getting pushed in the WWE, but entering so prematurely can only do damage to Ryan's prospects. I can't imagine him impressing many people if he gets called up now.

I made a thread on here when Mason Ryan won the title from Alex Riley; the FCW website wasn't updated with the change until several days later.
That promo is pretty hilarious in a terrible way on his part, especially the closing moments when he is pushed over the chair.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,081 Posts
He's woefully ill-equipped and unprepared and not ready to be called up now. Saw him work a house show match in Stockton, CA against Zack Ryder a little over a month ago as a face. He's quite green in every aspect.

Needs at least another year, probably longer, to be ready for a call-up. But, the way WWE's being operated these days, he'll probably debut on WWE TV by late January.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts