Wrestling Forum banner

1381 - 1393 of 1393 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
https://deadline.com/2019/07/agents-of-shield-ending-season-7-marvel-abc-1202646416/?fbclid=IwAR2bfDvuFnG-ie9D5yNSBsZFogQCz3kkSNgDWk4NtvzacOrrVjcVdLJXRME

Confirmed Season 7 will be the last season

:vincecry

Its been a great run and one the best shows and cast I've had the pleasure of watching.

I'm glad they get to end the show on their own terms and we'll get a proper finish, hoping they find a way to bring Brett Dalton back for the final season.
I feel you. I can't help myself, but feel sad even though it's been an incredible ride, we still got almost the last episodes of season 6 and all season 7 and most of us believed it was going to be cancelled time ago. In the end we have gotten 7 amazing seasons. I just hope they end it in a satisfying manner and make us cry like byatches.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,699 Posts
I'm sad to hear 7 will be the last season but I'm happy it even got that far, things were looking rocky after 3 and then Agent Carter got cancelled and then the Bobbi and Hunter show didn't get picked up. I just wish they'd integrate Daisy, Fitzsimmons and Mack into the MCU.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
Kinda figured at the end of last week's episode that she'd taken over Davis, so when "May" shot Serge I knew it wasn't really May. Still a fun episode though. Davis is dead and... whatever. Nice to see Fitz and Deke getting along.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,699 Posts
I thought she was shapeshifting so I had assumed Davis died on the ship last episode, sucks that he never made it back to his family.

It's cute that the real Coulson considers Daisy his daughter.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
From the article: "you can’t divorce the character from Clark Gregg. He’s just this incredibly warm, delightful man, that’s who he is that’s how he’s built. So you spend five minutes with him and suddenly he’s your best pal, he’s the guy you’ve known since high school, like he’s that guy"

Some years back on Twitter after the first Avengers came out, I forget where the original tweet came from, might have been the Marvel account, and it asked who was your favorite Avenger. I replied that my favorite Avenger was obviously Agent Coulson. Clark Gregg himself liked that tweet. I :mark: so hard for that.

RIP Davis, the greatest red shirt in television
Goddamnit I am so mad that they killed Davis. He went from a nobody one off appearance to practically a main character by the end. I will miss him a lot. Gonna miss Jaco too. He was developing nicely as a character. Although, I don't really understand why he couldn't have just tossed the bomb and jumped back through the hole and close it before the bomb landed. Alas. At least we still have Snowflake. Her and Deke are absolutely adorable together.

But on a more positive note... COULSON LIVES!!!!!! :mark: :mark: :mark:

If I've got this straight, he basically is a perfect duplicate of Coulson and his memories are still in there, he just can't access them right now because he is possessed by Pachakutiq in the same way that Izel was possessing people, which leads me to believe that the 2 can be separated and we'll get the real Coulson back for the final season.

On the one hand, it sucks that the show is ending, but on the other hand, 136 episodes is an incredible run and they know it will be the final season so they can write it as a proper series finale. I can't be mad about that. I will be mad though if this is the last we ever see of Coulson. He needs to be brought back in some form in one of the movies or one of the new Disney shows. Quake deserves to live on as a character as well. In a future Avengers movie... Coulson shows up, surprise! I'm not dead! And I brought this girl named Quake who is an absolute badass to be a new Avenger!

Oh and I definitely noticed that Ghost Rider name drop. I will be highly disappointed if he does not make any more appearances in the show. I'm also pretty certain Enoch is up to something and will come back into play in these final 3 episodes.

This season is absolutely nuts. I fucking love it.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
It looks like Coulson may return by the end of the season. I sure hope so and I watched a comic con interview earlier and I noticed how Clark Gregg was talking like he's still playing Coulson till this day and he was going to film the series finale so it seems very probable.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
It looks like Coulson may return by the end of the season. I sure hope so and I watched a comic con interview earlier and I noticed how Clark Gregg was talking like he's still playing Coulson till this day and he was going to film the series finale so it seems very probable.
I've been calling it all season long that this is Coulson. Him calling Daisy by Skye basically confirmed it. I still believe that some way, some how, Coulson and Pachakutiq will be separated and this new Coulson will basically the same Coulson with all of his memories up until the point he was created.

2 hour season finale this week. Fuuuuuuuck.

I think I have a pretty firm grasp on what is happening with Izel and Pachakutiq but how the Chronicoms are going to play into this final battle is a real wild card. We know Enoch is up to something too. Whatever ends up happening, they are most likely going to leave us with a giant jaw dropping cliffhanger.

Let it be noted that they name dropped Robbie Reyes' Ghost Rider again. If he shows up and plays a role in the season finale... :sodone

I'm not really expecting it but gotdamn, that would be epic. A single name drop is one thing. Multiple name drops... I dunno, I'm just saying... could be foreshadowing. We've already got Izel, Pachakutiq, the Shrike, SHIELD and the Chronicoms in a massive rumble... if they suddenly threw Ghost Rider into the middle of that fight... :mark:

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Adding a few random thoughts as I watch...

They name dropped Ghost Rider AGAIN.

May saying she will send Pachakutiq back where he came if she has any chance to get Coulson back makes me think I have been 100% right about this.

Bringing back Flint was an excellent move. What's really interesting is that it is a Flint with the memories from the alt-future.

I am loving Deke's arc now. They really brought it together in the finale. Fitz has kinda been a dick to him. Him putting on the jump pack and going to the temple was part ballsy and part just wanting to prove himself. Mack calling him Agent Shaw was a nice touch.

I'm about 2/3 through the first half and I am waiting and watching to see how the Chronicoms play into this.

Sarge trying to tell May that after this he is not going to turn back into Coulson... not buying it. He is an exact replica of Coulson up through I think it was episode 100 when this version was created. Otherwise, he would not have known to call Daisy by Skye. Still convinced we are getting Coulson back.

Izel trying to get into Yo-Yo and being blocked by the tech was fun. But how fucking cool would it have been had she tried to go into Robbie Reyes and GR was like, uh uh bitch, already occupied.

3/4 through the first half. Someone broke something on the plane. Chronicoms?

Fuck and Izel has already opened the portal when I am not even to the end of the first half. Shit is about to get crazy.

Okay, not Chronicoms yet. More shrike zombies. But they will be here at some point...

Coulson and Pachakutiq having an internal battle inside Sarge. Pachakutiq just won this round because... FUCK, he just stabbed May and threw her through the portal.

Jesus tap dancing Christ, if the first half of the finale was this insane..

Enoch and Chronicoms teaser for the end of the first half!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd Chronicoms invading the lighthouse to start the 2nd half. No way Enoch was killed. He will still come into play later.

This would be the all is lost moment. May stabbed by Pachakutiq and tossed through the portal. Daisy, Mack and Yo-Yo trapped by shrike zombies. Chronicoms invading the lighthouse. They have done a great job at putting our heroes into dangerous situations to triumph over in the 2nd half.

It'd be a pretty fucking good time for Ghost Rider to show up...

Now a shrike is on Yo-Yo. Not good.

Enoch killed the hunter and took his skin. Great twist!

Yeah... like a fucking sword through the gut is going to take out May.

May saved. So was Yo-Yo when May took out Izel. Pachakutiq was killed by Daisy.

That ending was... my brain is on overload. I'm going to need to watch it again tomorrow to fully grasp everything that happened but if I gathered things correctly, Simmons, Mack, Daisy, Enoch and May are in the past now... in the prohibition era... and Coulson, with all of Coulson's memories, is an LMD with advanced Chronicom tech.

Oh and the Hunters now somehow have Fury's black box.

I can't anymore right now. This was too much to absorb in one viewing. I'm :sodone.

COULSON LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mark: :mark: :mark: Well, kinda. I'll take it. :mark:

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I enjoyed the season finale a lot but I have some problems. I mean, having a LMD Coulson is... I don't know. Like having a robo-Stark showing up in the Avengers. If Coulson is dead, he's dead. If he's alive or resurrected, he's alive. But keeping a synthetic version of the character around when the real one died is... I don't know. Tasteless? Like it cheapens the death of the character but not in a satisfying manner because it's still not him.

Also, they didn't address shit about the Snap. A lot of people are taking about how in Season 7 they will create a new timeline where the snap happens. And I think that's bullshit: until the end of season 5 everything was consistent with the MCU: how are they going to say now that all of that happened in another timeline and that whatever the Agents do is going to cause Thanos doing the snap? People just want to think AoS will fit within the MCU timeline and while I hope it's true, their theories are really terrible.

Also that thing about shrikes entering people's mouths and nobody doing anything about it. You can see how Yo-yo is reaching her chin when the shrike is entering and for some reason in these few seconds she never had the thought of, you know, moving her hands a little and grab the thing? At least they could have made the zombies hold her so she couldn't do anything.

Enoch was awesome, as always. Some people think May should have died but I disagree. We already knew all the regulars are in the final season so...

And the Chronicoms are apparently going to be the final baddies of the series. Mmh. I hope that Agent Carter crossover we are going to have is cool.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Goosebumps during the last five minutes. I love when a show flips things on its head and your eyes are glued to the screen catching up. I also love period shows and sets (though I hope they've avoided the typical network television issue of showing everything in a time period as brand new. In 1930 not all shop windows and cars would be clean, shiny and invented last year.)

If they've finished season 7, is there no news on if Hayley Atwell is in any episodes?

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
Crazy season finale, and a crazy set up for the final season. I was kinda disappointed nobody died though :lmao. Almost seemed like a bit of a cop out to tease the death of 2 people and have one turn out just fine and the other very almost die TWICE only to be saved at the last second :p.

Anyone else think that Simmons was an LMD at the end? She seemed very... robotic lol. And where da fook is Fitz? Still in the present? If so... why, exactly?

Guessing they figured out time travel but... why go back to the 30's? And Simmons said they had lots of time to upgrade shit... so how and when and where did they come up with time travel? Especially as in the present they were under attack at the Lighthouse. Oh man my head hurts thinking about it all :p.

Now we gotta wait almost a year for the final season :cal.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Crazy season finale, and a crazy set up for the final season. I was kinda disappointed nobody died though :lmao. Almost seemed like a bit of a cop out to tease the death of 2 people and have one turn out just fine and the other very almost die TWICE only to be saved at the last second :p.

Anyone else think that Simmons was an LMD at the end? She seemed very... robotic lol. And where da fook is Fitz? Still in the present? If so... why, exactly?

Guessing they figured out time travel but... why go back to the 30's? And Simmons said they had lots of time to upgrade shit... so how and when and where did they come up with time travel? Especially as in the present they were under attack at the Lighthouse. Oh man my head hurts thinking about it all :p.

Now we gotta wait almost a year for the final season :cal.
It was too much information for me to absorb in one sitting. I still don't fully grasp everything I watched. Gonna hafta watch it again for a better analysis.

Still kinda mad though that they name dropped Ghost Rider like 4 or 5 times and he never showed up. It's not just that Izel would not have been able to possess Robbie because GR was already in there, last we saw of GR, he had figured out how to create portals too and a large part of this finale was about creating a portal. Possessing people and creating portals, name dropping him four or five times, but no appearance? :mad:

ETA: Quake and Ghost Rider tag teaming against shrike zombies would have been EPIC.

1381 - 1393 of 1393 Posts