Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
Bad look for Cody to be shilling for his boys like that. If he wants to prove to people that there's no nepotism going on then all he has to do is put the right people over.

This just sounds like preemptive damage control on his part.
Those tweets are from last year.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Not a fan of Marko from what I have seen from him in AEW or the indies. Definitely not a fan being miscast with Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus, who are better off as a duo instead of an awkward trio.

If he's going to mostly be used as fodder to throw around, I guess but I see no other purpose of him being there.

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
That's even worse. It shows premeditated nepotism. AEW was in the works long before August of last year. You don't put a company like this together overnight.
How is Cody related to Marko?

I mean he liked the guys work from a year ago and now he's hired. How else would you go about hiring people?

Hire people you don't like or don't think fit your vision?

Most of the talent that is remotely television ready are under contract to WWE, Impact, ROH, Evolve, MLW etc.

As contracts expire they can present their offer, but they can't just poach under contract talent from other companies.

All In was in September 2018 - was AEW enough of a thing back then to have Cody masterfully planting seeds a near year in advance for Marko freakin' Stunt of all people?

·
Banned
4,891 Posts
How is Cody related to Marko?

I mean he liked the guys work from a year ago and now he's hired. How else would you go about hiring people?

Hire people you don't like or don't think fit your vision?

Most of the talent that is remotely television ready are under contract to WWE, Impact, ROH, Evolve, MLW etc.

As contracts expire they can present their offer, but they can't just poach under contract talent from other companies.

All In was in September 2018 - was AEW enough of a thing back then to have Cody masterfully planting seeds a near year in advance for Marko freakin' Stunt of all people?
Cody liking him isn't an issue. It's that he's attacking people on social media in his defense. The fact that someone so thin skinned is booking the show and choosing who to hire is concerning to say the least.

Reactions: TheDraw

·
Registered
860 Posts
What happened to the rumoured Wardlow guy man, that big fucker was someone I was excited about.

·
Banned
4,891 Posts
People act like executives (even if they are wrestlers, too) can't hire people based on preferences. :mj4
When someone like Emma signs with Impact while Cody is playing favorites you have to start questioning where his priorities are at.

The women's division is laughable right now with no one they can build around and instead of signing one of the best female talents in the world they sign Marko Stunt who is a comedy act at best.

Where does it end, man? Will they pass on Scarlett and sign Marty next? It seems like the plan for the women is to not sign anyone who looks better than Brandi so they can keep pushing her.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
When someone like Emma signs with Impact while Cody is playing favorites you have to start questioning where his priorities are at.

The women's division is laughable right now with no one they can build around and instead of signing one of the best female talents in the world they sign Marko Stunt who is a comedy act at best.

Where does it end, man? Will they pass on Scarlett and sign Marty next? It seems like the plan for the women is to not sign anyone who looks better than Brandi so they can keep pushing her.
100% this, and when Kross gets out of the bullshit hes going through with TNA, and him and Scarlett sign with MLW, we will really see whats up.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
What happened to the rumoured Wardlow guy man, that big fucker was someone I was excited about.
they wont announce everyone, they still have unannounced people like tag teams and single men.
And it's not just a rumour, they teased him by putting him on the white board.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts

Can you imagine these forums if CM Punk signed with Impact?

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
He is a perfect Dark Order minion

They should have him on a leash with Evil Uno - and let him be like a rabid pet

That would be gold

·
Registered
606 Posts
Glad people arent on board with this. I was hoping he was just used to fill out the PPV's. A guy like this offers literally nothing.

Pure Indy trash to the fullest. Sorry kid but the name "Stunt" alone tells me he's nothing but a stunt devil that doesnt know how to wrestle.

Judging by his work on youtube, that seems to be clearly the case. Hopefully he's just used as a jobber get people over. Even then its hard to take him seriously even as a jobber. The dude literally looks like a 10 year old kid.

No defending this. It seems that Impact is taking itself more seriously than AEW at this point. The current regime would never hire someone like this. All of the talent on Impact look like athlets and can do spots and wrestle.

AEW should learn from Impact on how to build a legit roster for fucks sake. Really hope this company isnt going to be a glorified indy.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I really dont get why they are signing folks like stunt. When they'll do around one year on tv, all these guys will be released. They'll realise it's much more complex than that, but thing is they should know this and they know this.cody scouting for big guys implies he knows very well its something needed and I am sure they have got some we haven't seen yet.
But thing is this guy brings absolutely nothing, nothing. He looks like he is 10 years old, he doesnt look or feels like a wrestler and my guts tell me they are hiring him for some kind of weird gimmick.
Seriously sometimes the company seems schizophrenic, they have this serious njpw/mid south vibe in their presentation and their main event/upper midcard.
Their tag team is the best in the world no doubt, their women division needs some work but there could be some unannounced people/wrestlers/joshi etc.
But when it comes to their midcard/low midcard welp....you have exceptions to the rules like darby alin but appart from that....

·
Registered
606 Posts
@nWo4Lyfe420 lookie here. Another one of Codys boys gets a gig. Nepotism running wild, just as we accurately predicted.

Did cody really post that? ....wow

Fuck this company!!!

People act like executives (even if they are wrestlers, too) can't hire people based on preferences. :mj4
Its not a question of that. Its a question of should you hire them off of your preference or hire them based off of what the audience will like.

If Cody cant see that this was a bad move, it says a lot about his potential future talent he may sign. I couldnt see this stunt kid anywhere but the indy circuits. AEW is gonna fail hard if they dont have a serious product im telling you right now. If they have too many guys on the lower card like stunt orgod forbid Orange Cassidy.....Yeah.

Joey J is already too much for me.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Its not a question of that. Its a question of should you hire them off of your preference or hire them based off of what the audience will like.

If Cody cant see that this was a bad move, it says a lot about his potential future talent he may sign. I couldnt see this stunt kid anywhere but the indy circuits. AEW is gonna fail hard if they dont have a serious product im telling you right now. If they have too many guys on the lower card like stunt orgod forbid Orange Cassidy.....Yeah.

Joey J is already too much for me.
the tweet is from 2018, it's not cody saying that in 2019 after signing stunt.
he wouldn't say that because that would be insulting the fans.

21 - 40 of 136 Posts