Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
With the AEW roster mostly cruiserweights, I guess Marko is they guy they can chuck around like how WWE has their big men chuck around the jobber CW's for effect.

He's terrible with Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus though. I can't support that at all. I'm never going to begrudge somebody getting a contract, but will criticize the role he's cast in here. If they wanted Marko, why not put him under a mask as one of the Dark Order Creepers. There you'd have the ability to have creative offense with him with 2-3-4 of them chucking Marko around like a human weapon.

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
On second thought, Stunt could be a jobber and allow others to rack up easy wins.
He's too small for such a role even. And from what I've seen on youtube, he's not that good in ring. He just gets chucked around easily.

·
C Mac G
6,138 Posts
Man, outside of the top 4-5 guys in AEW's singles division, their roster looks like absolute trash.

People like Sammy Guevarra, Kip Sabian, Joey Janela, Jimmy Havoc, I just don't think these guys are good. NJPW's roster is miles ahead of them. Hopefully with TV I'm sold on some of these guys, but I just don't know right now, it's pretty bad IMO.

·
Banned
4,891 Posts
@nWo4Lyfe420 lookie here. Another one of Codys boys gets a gig. Nepotism running wild, just as we accurately predicted.

Bad look for Cody to be shilling for his boys like that. If he wants to prove to people that there's no nepotism going on then all he has to do is put the right people over.

This just sounds like preemptive damage control on his part.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Man, outside of the top 4-5 guys in AEW's singles division, their roster looks like absolute trash.

People like Sammy Guevarra, Kip Sabian, Joey Janela, Jimmy Havoc, I just don't think these guys are good. NJPW's roster is miles ahead of them. Hopefully with TV I'm sold on some of these guys, but I just don't know right now, it's pretty bad IMO.
Those guys are all mid card guys though. Top guys are really Moxley, Jericho, Omega, Cody, Page, Pac, Shawn Spears, MJF,Dustin Rhodes,Darby Alli. It's basically....

Main eventers...
Moxley
Omega
Jericho
Cody
Page

Upper card
Pac
MJF
Shawn Spears
Dustin Rhodes
Darby Allin

Midcard
Cima
Daniels
Jimmy Havoc
Joey Janela
Kip Sabain
Sammy Guvevera

That roster is fine for one two hour so. You don't need 15-18 guys deserving to be main eventers like WWE has. Especially with AEW gonna put a lot of focus on tag and Woman's Division. Sure could they use maybe one more big name guys like CM Punk. Of course but overall roster is very solid for what it's trying to do. Which isn't trying to have 20 top of the card guys who get 50/50 booking and nobody gets over. You will know where guys stand in AEW. With who's main eventers, upper card and mid card guys and jobbers.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts