Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vs. Shamrock - RAW June 1998 (KOTR Quarter Final)

Vs. Vader - Fully Loaded 1998

Vs. The Rock - Judgment Day 1998

Vs. Goldberg - RAW Oct. 2003

Vs. Michaels - RAW Nov. 2003

Vs. Booker T - Armageddon 2003

Vs. Jericho - RAW 2004

Vs. Angle - Royal Rumble 2006

Vs. Undertaker - Wrestlemania 22 (Casket Match)

Vs. Batista - Smackdown 2007 (No DQ Match)

Vs. Cena - RAW Feb. 2008

Vs. Helmsley - RAW June 2008

Vs. Matt Hardy - No Mercy 2008

Vs. Finlay - Armageddon 2008 (Belfast Brawl)

Vs. The Big Show - MITB 2011

Vs. Orton - NOC 2011 (although I did like their match from RAW June 2009 as well)
I'm sure there's more.

- Vic

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Casket match sucked BALLS. One of Taker's dullest Mania matches in recent years, they have BAD CHEMISTRY. Same goes with his match against Angle at RR2006.

Otherwise I do agree with some of them, he also had a surprisingly watchable match with Kane back in June/July of this year.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Not going to lie, I can't name one Mark Henry match that I thought was great. Some pretty good ones (vs Orton) but nothing great.

·
Banned
611 Posts
Always really enjoyed his match with Matt Hardy at No Mercy 2008.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Besides his outstanding strength and his recent promo skills, he's never been all that fun to watch. They've taken all this time to build him up when they chould of given the same gimmick to Brodus Clay or Mason Ryan. Hell..even Big Zeke. Henry doesn't have many years left in the tank, those other guys do. Could you imagine if they actually legitimately built a big star..and went with it? Now I understand that they all need work, especially Big Zeke but the could of done it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not too many of those matches are much better than good for a 15 year career lol. I remember enjoying that rumble match with Kurt though.

Think Henry has found a niche for himself he's far more enjoyable beating people down and not wrestling.

Oh actually Just thinking you could probably put the Title match against Christian on there its as good as a lot of the matches on that list.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Besides his outstanding strength and his recent promo skills, he's never been all that fun to watch. They've taken all this time to build him up when they chould of given the same gimmick to Brodus Clay or Mason Ryan. Hell..even Big Zeke. Henry doesn't have many years left in the tank, those other guys do. Could you imagine if they actually legitimately built a big star..and went with it? Now I understand that they all need work, especially Big Zeke but the could of done it.
Probably not a big enough age gap between Zeke and Henry for them to care (7 years or something) also we don't know if this is supposed to be a perm push odds are they are building Henry up for a big match at mania and have someone like Sheamus go over him in style to push that person over the top.

Would love to see Brodus get a tv push though maybe not main event though I've said it once and I'll say it till I blue in the face Brodus should be Christian's Lackey :D

Mason Ryan hasn't shown me any personality yet dunno what he's like back stage he's welsh so surely he can't be as boring as they made him in Nexus.

Finally and most importantly I can't see any of them playing angry black man as well as Henry he does bad ass well

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
I mean i understand mark henry's character is getting a lot of love lately which is fine but lets not go back and overrate his matches lol. I mean i give him credit for his matches against orton and christian lately but it was more of Christian and orton helping him

1 - 20 of 31 Posts