Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Wrestling is fake Mark.

I'd love to see like, fucking Stipe Miocic say it's fake and then see how tough all of these "I'll kick ur ass!" rasslers are who don't actually fight. Yes bumping probably hurts. And wrestling takes a physical tole on your body, but it's fake fighting posing as real combat. It is by literal definition fake. It's just such a fucking stupid reaction to me. I'm going to prove my fake fighting isn't fake by beating you up even though I'm not a trained professional fighter but a fake one!!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Wrestling is fake Mark.

I'd love to see like, fucking Stipe Miocic say it's fake and then see how tough all of these "I'll kick ur ass!" rasslers are who don't actually fight. Yes bumping probably hurts. And wrestling takes a physical tole on your body, but it's fake fighting posing as real combat. It is by literal definition fake. It's just such a fucking stupid reaction to me. I'm going to prove my fake fighting isn't fake by beating you up even though I'm not a trained professional fighter but a fake one!!
Weird. Is gymnastics fake? Are stuntmen fake? Fake is a shitty way to describe what these guys risk their lives for, man. No matter how you spin it

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,433 Posts
The result is predetermined. It's a soap opera similar to Eastenders or Home & Away just with a wrestling theme.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
The result is predetermined. It's a soap opera similar to Eastenders or Home & Away just with a wrestling theme.
And everyone except children know this. "It's fake" is used by people attempting to belittle the business and justify dumb bullshit like AEW occurring. It serves no other purpose but to insult and if the people who broke themselves in the ring get offended by being belittled then fair enough if you ask me.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
A mark named Mark gets offended because someone stated that wrestling is fake. Wrestling IS fake. Does calling it "pre-determined" soften the blow to the ego for the wrestlers or something? Please, grow the f*** up.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Mark is an old school guy. There should be more people with his mentality imo. This era of wrestlers don't give a shit about anything kayfabe. You can see the most despicable heel out of character, hugging a baby and playing with puppies on Instagram while liking every supportive comment fans post. It's a joke. I just saw Otis on a podcast speaking out of character talking about being bullied as a child in his regular voice. Zelina and Alistair have a Youtube channel together and then on RAW we see her in Andrade's corner as he's facing Black. We all know it's fake but I hate how much access we have about the personal lives of wrestlers and how accepted it is to break kayfabe.

also Mark is saying he'll beat up Vlad in a JOKING manner. Is this an attempt to just dog pile further on Mark because people are upset he's suing the spoiled twerp Leo?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Fake isn't the right word to describe pro wrestling. I met George "The Animal" Steele about 15 years ago, and I heard him tell someone about all the lasting injuries he still had from his wrestling career. He told the person "Just because its pre determined doesn't mean its fake." The concussions, broken bones, and torn muscles that the wrestlers experience are certainly real. The concussion Bret got when Goldberg kicked him in the head wasn't "fake".

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
The typical WWE fan likely thought Vladimir Koslov.

But the old school fan thought of "Vlad" the '80s/'90s superfan that would appear around ringside in those days.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,292 Posts
Pro Wrestlers and fans always go one about how its disrespectful to call it fake. Of course they have zero care for how disrespectful it is towards real Combat Sports athletes to pretend Pro Wrestling isn't fake.

Stop getting triggered by the 'F' word and just embrace it. Kayfabe has been dead for decades now.

Weird. Is gymnastics fake? Are stuntmen fake? Fake is a shitty way to describe what these guys risk their lives for, man. No matter how you spin it
The movies and TV shows that stunt men do their stunts for are fake, is The Expendables somehow not fake because Austin broke Stallones neck? Is The Crow not fake because Brandon Lee was shot dead on set?

Whats with the gymnastics point though? Are gymnasts pretending to do something?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Tama Tonga called wrestling fake a few days ago
Tama Tonga On Having Haku As A Dad And What He Told Kids His Dad's Job Was - Wrestling Inc.

Wrestling's in a gray area. Movies are "predetermined" but they generally are a way of exploring what real people could feel/endure, what decisions they have to make, moral dilemmas they have to face, highs, lows and all the rest. It's like trying out real life in heightened situations.

Wrestling is more about real people enacting cartoons, and just doesn't have the same depth. Wrestlers also often blur the distinction between wrestling characters and their real personas so that opens them up to fake accusations too. Doesn't mean to say it isn't fun to watch, like cartoons are now and again.

That people get injured has nothing to do with whether it's fake or not. That's completely missing the point

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wrestling ‘IS’ fake the bumps they take are real! Amazing how it goes between fake and real when it suits certain posters here.
Hogan himself said you couldn’t lift Andre unless he wanted you to

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Pro Wrestlers and fans always go one about how its disrespectful to call it fake. Of course they have zero care for how disrespectful it is towards real Combat Sports athletes to pretend Pro Wrestling isn't fake.

Stop getting triggered by the 'F' word and just embrace it. Kayfabe has been dead for decades now.

The movies and TV shows that stunt men do their stunts for are fake, is The Expendables somehow not fake because Austin broke Stallones neck? Is The Crow not fake because Brandon Lee was shot dead on set?

Whats with the gymnastics point though? Are gymnasts pretending to do something?
Without kayfabe this stuff sucks. Every single wink AEW does at the camera loses viewers. Their fan base is dwindling. Wrestlings fan base is shrinking because these people don't take it seriously and embrace the word fake. Look at MJF as the perfect example. Completely average in the ring. But he takes this shit seriously and is touted as the future. I wonder why? Kayfabe being dead doesn't help this business in the slightest. It's killing it.

Wrestling is basically gymnastics in a ring. A choreographed show to entertain people. A dance, a show. It hasn't claimed to be real for 30 years. They aren't pretending to fight anymore, they're simply pro wrestling. Yes, it is predetermined and choreographed but stop using it as an excuse to be fucking terrible. If the wrestlers decide that the word fake is offensive to their art, why do you fat slobs at home on your couches care? Because it makes you feel close to the Young Bucks for sharing the same opinion, right? Makes you feel smart and in the know. Congratulations, you know something everyone over the age of 10 knows. Do we justify terrible decisions in movies by saying it's fake? Nah.

Also for those who have any idea about the English language, if the meaning of Kayfabe is presenting staged performances as genuine or authentic and it is dead, then how the fuck is wrestling still attempting to trick or deceive anyone. Spoiler alert, it's not and therefore doesn't match any definition of the word fake.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts