Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago I read they were thinking of building Mark Henry up to be this unstoppable force which they have done and there was also a rumour they were doing that so he could face Taker at Mania next year. I don't really want to see this match but I really do think that's where they are going with Henry, he'll end up taking out everyone on Smackdown and says something like 'there isn't a man out there who can stop me' and the Gong will hit. I was half expecting it to happen last night when he was doing his post match promo.

But yeah, do you see the match happening?

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Yeah sadly thats what I see happening aswell.

But considering the rough shape Undertaker is in, Mark Henry is a pretty bad choice for an opponent.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
nah doubt it. hes already had a shot and we dont know how much Taker has in him, he needs to save his strength for somebody else. Henry wont have another Taker maina match

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Oh god no.

The Undertaker's final opponent at WrestleMania is going to be Mark Henry?

Ignoring that they've already had this match at Mania (wasn't it a coffin match?), but we're coming off of 2 pretty huge opponents for 'Taker, Shawn and Trips. Mark Henry being his final opponent is frankly laughable compared to that.

·
Registered
338 Posts
As much as I am glad that Henry won this sunday, this would be really rotten.

But I suspect, it will be the opponent Taker himself wishes to have. I am sure he has the kind of status now that he can’t be booked without consulting him. So if against all odds he LIKES to wrestle Henry for the streak, who’s to argue?

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
With all due respect to Henry.

I know he's huge and dominant and therefore a believable threat but let's just say over the past 4 years, we've grown accustomed to a certain standard in Taker's mania matches that I believe Henry cannot deliver, that coupled with the shape Taker's in, and the fact that these two have pretty bad chemistry(I mean seriously watch Unforgiven 2007 and the casket match at Wrestlemania 22 and tell me that wasn't dull), and you got yourself a major letdown of the 20th streak match.

·
Ho!
17,481 Posts
Taker/Henry must not happen at Mania. Now if they want Henry and Taker to face during Henry's World Title run and have Henry beat Taker, putting Henry over the moon for the guy that does eventually beat him (I'm guessing Sheamus) then that's fine, but not at Mania please. :(

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I think it is being built up for the Big show or Kane to return and take him out more than the Undertaker. That would mean Henry being champ from now till Mania (if anyone was to beat him between now and then it would ruin the build and make him seem weaker going into the match with Taker) which i dont see happening. Either Orton will win it back, he will lose it in a multi man match vs orton/christian/sheamus or big show will return win it, kane will win it off him leading into his final match at mania vs undertaker in an inferno match lol (jk)

·
King James
24,667 Posts
Taker/Henry must not happen at Mania. Now if they want Henry and Taker to face during Henry's World Title run and have Henry beat Taker, putting Henry over the moon for the guy that does eventually beat him (I'm guessing Sheamus) then that's fine, but not at Mania please. :(
Don't worry, Taker/Henry is NOT happening at WrestleMania again. If anything Henry has to finish up his feud(s) with Big Show and Kane.

·
#ELITEASFUCK
3,235 Posts
Wouldn't mind Kane taking it off him to feud with Taker at Mania.

Taker wins the title at Mania.

Next SD (or RAW, whatevs) music hits and lights go out, lights go back on and the belt is in the middle of the ring.

Taker is gone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Two big slow injured guys stumbling about and no-selling with the only move tradeoffs consisting of missed punches and arthritic headbutts...no thanks. Neither of the guys can take bumps much anymore, they'd spend most of the time lying down I reckon. Both of them need carrying, the difference is Taker can put on a good match with assistance. Maybe a triple threat involving the two and someone younger and quicker, then you could have Henry do a few big moves and spend the rest of the match collapsed in a corner.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
With all due respect to Henry.

I know he's huge and dominant and therefore a believable threat but let's just say over the past 4 years, we've grown accustomed to a certain standard in Taker's mania matches that I believe Henry cannot deliver, that coupled with the shape Taker's in, and the fact that these two have pretty bad chemistry(I mean seriously watch Unforgiven 2007 and the casket match at Wrestlemania 22 and tell me that wasn't dull), and you got yourself a major letdown of the 20th streak match.
Agree with everything u said but the part in bold. It's not the past 4 years, it's the past 5 years:

Undertaker vs Batista at Wrestlemania 23 in 2007.
Undertaker vs Edge at Wrestlemania 24 in 2008.
Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXV in 2009.
Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXVI in 2010.
Undertaker vs Triple H at Wrestlemania XXVII in 2011.

See? Five years, not four.

But yeah, the last Taker had a bad Wrestlemania match was with...well, Henry, at Wrestlemania 22 in what generally reckoned as the worst Casket match of all time. And their Unforgiven match in 2007 made it to the top 3 poorest main event of the 2000's alongside No Way Out 2003 & Survivor Series 2008.

So, Undertaker vs Henry again is a no no.

Don't worry, Taker/Henry is NOT happening at WrestleMania again. If anything Henry has to finish up his feud(s) with Big Show and Kane.
Agreed.

I'd stop watching WWE for real if Vince ditches what may very well be the last chance to do Taker vs Foley at WM 28 for the sake of doing a WM rematch between Taker vs Henry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts