Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
32,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Couldn't agree more. When you see 5 different wrestlers handing out DESTROYERS! like they're candy on Halloween it gets ridiculous. You're flipping over and doing like a 360 piledriver driving someone down on their head. If that's not a finisher then what is?
Those devastating BTE triggers where they completely miss the head with their knee!

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Those devastating BTE triggers where they completely miss the head with their knee!
I think that's a bit unfair, when I've watched the majority look like they've been pretty impactful. It's a potentially really dangerous move I can understand them taking it easy with it.

Everyone misses their moves sometimes, maybe even Sasha, Bianca and Baker may even do it ;)

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
Couldn't agree more. When you see 5 different wrestlers handing out DESTROYERS! like they're candy on Halloween it gets ridiculous. You're flipping over and doing like a 360 piledriver driving someone down on their head. If that's not a finisher then what is?
Top Rope Spanish Fly Canadian Destroyer

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
32,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I think that's a bit unfair, when I've watched the majority look like they've been pretty impactful. It's a potentially really dangerous move I can understand them taking it easy with it.

Everyone misses their moves sometimes, maybe even Sasha, Bianca and Baker may even do it ;)
No, none of them botch their finishers or make them look like shit.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
They should promote Mark Henry to be an executive, at least that's just me. If I was Tony Khan I would. A creative executive. He seems to have ideas on how they can improve. Try him out for a bit and let him run some of his ideas.

Reactions: The Legit DMD

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
14,550 Posts
Jeez, he was obviously joking around. At least learn how to take a joke.

Plus, the offense of the Young Bucks generally have plenty of impact anyway.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Sasha has botched plenty of other stuff, don't change the goalposts now to 'their finishers'.

Let me guess, that was Nicki Bella's fault?

Just having a lend of you mate, all good. I'm not denying plenty of AEW in ring stuff is ridiculous.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
32,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Sasha has botched plenty of other stuff, don't change the goalposts now to 'their finishers'.

Let me guess, that was Nicki Bella's fault?

Just having a lend of you mate, all good. I'm not denying plenty of AEW in ring stuff is ridiculous.
It's not moving the goal posts when we are specifically talking about finishers. It's very telling that you had to dig up a 6-year-old clip to find Sasha making a mistake though. That says a lot.

·
Super Moderator
25,977 Posts
High flyers doing it is fine imo. But when you got Dustin and the fucking Rock 'N' Roll Express doing them then it's just too much lol.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Lol you can't stop defending her and denying reality, you can't do it. Search for 'Sasha Banks botch gif' and you'll find plenty. You are changing the goalposts by talking about finishers. Who cares when the subject is someone messing up the impact their moves if it's a finisher or what.

Have a sense of humor.

IT'S BOTCH TIME!

(Come on you have to admit "Botch Time" is pretty clever and funny)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I am genuinely curious to know how much AEW Henry has watched in the last 2 years.

I don't disagree with him

·
Registered
AVALONS #1 FAN/ AEW REVIEW BO$$
2,703 Posts
He said he's not here to fix AEW, but that seems to be exactly what he's doing. This is a good start and I want to see more of it.

“We have to work on the social media aspect of what’s going out and what’s being portrayed that you want to be an example of what people see. AEW is more brash and has more of an adult feel, but you have to counter-balance that. You have to do stuff in the community and with live events where you give back to the city and be an example instead of a problem.

Wrestling-wise, I want to see less… I want everyone to watch the matches before them because there is a repetition thing. Someone will do a tope and the next match will have two topes and the next will have three. Stop trying to out-do what you saw before and find something else to do. Repetition is a pet peeve of mine and I feel you’re not watching the product if you go do something and someone else did the same thing. I love the Bucks doing superkicks. Why are there three matches on the card where someone does a superkick before them? If that was me, I would be upset about it.”
Yet you complain hes already being under utilized in another thread......

Mark Henry will wrestle and do commentary but the main reason he was signed was to work backstage coaching and doing things like this helping organize the company. His signing us a big deal merely because of hiw much of an asset he will be backstage, the commentary and wrestling is just a bonus.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts