Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Henry has been out for a while; The last thing I remember, personally, is him facing Punk a few times, in the UK most importantly.

He has had nagging injuries since the start of the year, and, unfortunately, he was forced to compete (and his on-screen suspension was cut short)all the way to WM (and after, no?).

So, what do you think? Will glass cannon Henry return? When will that happen?
Will he get back into the WHC or WWE Championship scene, or will he just float around for a while and retire?

Will he, to rekindle an old joke, "raise the ratings to the roof" once again?

Personally, I would like for him to come back, have some nice matches and actually take a top title, once or twice. He may not be Dean Malenko in the ring, but he is overall interesting to watch, especially if he gets a powerful push and mic time like he did in the later half of 2011.

Your input?

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
Henry had surgery to repair his groin i beleive (or ankle, or both) And he has stated thats 2012 was going ot be his last year, although maybe with the injury he will extend to 2013.

But when he returns I see him getting an initial "monster type push" back to the top and then being used to put faces over on his way out the 2 main candidates I see for HEnry putting over on his way out are Shemaus and Ryback.

But if done right a monster push for Henry can affect ratings in a positive way as show in the past.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
He should get his monster push again once healthy. One of the few credible heels on the roster. He jobbed for far too long to not get this warranted push again.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
The man is a ratings monster. I'd be happy with another Henry monster push. I think him and Sheamus actually work well together surprisingly and think Henry is the man to take the title off of Sheamus for now.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
i think so. Loved his last heel run, it was great. Hope to see him at the top again soon.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hm, positive responses, just as I expected.

Again, I too would like to see a program with Sheamus, or maybe even with Punk again.

Henry as WWE Champion, and Punk as the challenger - gold.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hell yeah for a program between Henry and Punk. They already had some TV matches, but I'd like to see them fight with an actual storyline and in a PPV where there is at least a chance for the title to change hands. Henry is great.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
I wouldnt expect Henry to return as heel. They were working a slow turn booking style before the last injury. Henry's next run will proably be his last, and it will be a face run.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^
It would be unfortunate if your words are true. :/

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^
Truly an excellent use of his talent.
(but that is basically the happy, red outfit Henry)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Funnily enough - now that they have revealed that their new goal are TV ratings - I guess that they have to bring him back in the same role. :D

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
As soon as he gets back he needs to be pushed hard. into the WHC scene and possibly a program with Sheamus, would love to see it around Survivor Series or something, maybe even Summerslam if he heals up quick enough.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Funnily enough - now that they have revealed that their new goal are TV ratings - I guess that they have to bring him back in the same role. :D
I think you mean as RAW's WWE Champion this time :)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I meant as a powerful monster heel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts