Wrestling Forum banner

221 - 222 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
That's correct. Ironically, wrestling fans who dog the McMahons for obsessing over size and muscles believe Conor would succumb to pro wrestlers just because they're bigger. I believe this irony is lost on them.
Understand that but the other side of the coin is how much size and strength matters in fighting. Some of the guys in MMA who've gone up in weight for a big title fight have struggled because their strikes have less power against bigger guys than they're used to. When Max Holloway went up a class to fight Dustin Poirer for that belt, he landed plenty but they just didn't have the power to affect a bigger guy like Poirer than they would someone in his own class. (I'm not suggesting Poirer wasn't fantastic in that fight however).

Don't get me wrong though, in no way am I comparing real fighters with legit skills to 'sports entertainers' lol.

·
Registered
443 Posts
That's correct. Ironically, wrestling fans who dog the McMahons for obsessing over size and muscles believe Conor would succumb to pro wrestlers just because they're bigger. I believe this irony is lost on them.
it's not only cuz they're bigger,it's cuz they're tougher and more skilled as well

221 - 222 of 222 Posts