Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let me get this straight..soldiers fight for freedom, yet aren't allowed to have a freedom of speech ?

SAN DIEGO — A sergeant will be discharged for criticizing President Barack Obama on Facebook in a case that called into question the Pentagon's policies about social media and its limits on the speech of active duty military personnel, the Marine Corps said Wednesday.

Sgt. Gary Stein will get an other-than-honorable discharge and lose most of his benefits for violating the policies, the Corps said
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...cid=maing-grid7|aim|dl2|sec1_lnk2&pLid=155268

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Re: Marine who criticized obama on facebook to be discharged , lose most of his benef

"Freedom of speech" is misleading. Everyone has freedom of speech but there are always consequences.

Reactions: Månegarm

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Marine who criticized obama on facebook to be discharged , lose most of his benef

"Freedom of speech" is misleading. Everyone has freedom of speech but there are always consequences.
While you are right, I do feel the man deserves his benefits. It's just another excuse for the government not to give back.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts

While you are right, I do feel the man deserves his benefits. It's just another excuse for the government not to give back.
The government has had a history of screwing over war veterans and people in the military when they come back home.

Obama has done a lot for people in the military and their families.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The government has had a history of screwing over war veterans and people in the military when they come back home.
Oh i definitely know that. I know of a few that came back and still having trouble with the V.A. It's a damn shame.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,631 Posts

9 years in service and he gets treated like that over a facebook post? Holy shit. That's fucked up.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts

to be fair, he definitely shouldnt have done it

·
Banned
380 Posts

Fuck Obama, this is the type of dictatorship that Ron Paul wants to fight against.

WTF has Obama done for the men and women in service? If he did so much then why do more than 70% of the active military men and women want him out of office and more than 65% want Ron Paul in Office? Explain that one to me.

Again fuck Obama

BTW I served my country from 2000 - 2004 and speaking as a vet I can tell you that Bush as much as I dislike him did more for us in service then what Obama has done so far. I know I had more money coming in for grants and other stuff before Obama took office.

·
The legend never dies
4,436 Posts

imo he shouldn't have wrote on facebook to critize his own president tbf but it sucks after 9 years losing most of your benifits.

·
Trump and Macron will Rule the World
3,313 Posts

How DARE someone criticize the great savior of the United States of America~!

Has he now?

·
Is a Snit Head
22,283 Posts

You really can't do stuff like this if you're considered active-duty in the military. The President is commander-in-chief of the military and you're not supposed to question your superiors like that.

·
Banned
380 Posts

He got them out of a war they had no business in to begin with.
Yeah only to put us in three more of them and add on more police states around the world.

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts

The simple fact is he shouldn't have aired his displeasure with his boss over facebook. It was a stupid decision and he might have to face the consequences of his actions. Now the punishment is a bit severe and hopefully they lessen that before they finish.

Even if that's what he gets stuck with, e's going to get his benefits back with a nominal fee to a good lawyer or for nothing if he really wants to put in the work.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
11,224 Posts

So let me get this straight..soldiers fight for freedom, yet aren't allowed to have a freedom of speech ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...cid=maing-grid7|aim|dl2|sec1_lnk2&pLid=155268

Yet if he said anything about another leader, no one would care.

I hate that Obama gets protected because he is the President. If someone thinks Obama sucks, there shouldn't be a punishment for having such an opinion. My boss at work sucks and I don't really care if he knows or not. If he knows, he should ask why so he can understand why he sucks and perhaps change his ways to be less of a fucking dickhead.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

Yet if he said anything about another leader, no one would care.

I hate that Obama gets protected because he is the President
. If someone thinks Obama sucks, there shouldn't be a punishment for having such an opinion. My boss at work sucks and I don't really care if he knows or not. If he knows, he should ask why so he can understand why he sucks and perhaps change his ways to be less of a fucking dickhead.
He gets protected even more because he is a black president. The liberal media completely ignore his failings which is sad because no matter his race if a president is not performing and doing this to his citizens then he should be called on it.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts

To be fair the marine did say something about not following orders.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts

Fuck Obama, this is the type of dictatorship that Ron Paul wants to fight against.

WTF has Obama done for the men and women in service? If he did so much then why do more than 70% of the active military men and women want him out of office and more than 65% want Ron Paul in Office? Explain that one to me.
Ron Paul is just another politician. Most of his ideas will never be approved by Democrats and Republicans. If Paul really was authentic then he would have run as an Independent instead of as a Republican.

Dictatorship? When you're part of the military and publicly state that you're not going to obey the President's orders, there will be consequences.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts

you do realize soldiers arent supposed to say anything bad while still on active duty about anyone in charge, thats why you never see generals say anything until they are either in say a cabinet seat or out of the military to begin with, and they tell you this. it has nothing to do with obama. hell no one complained when a soldier lost his job saying things about bush or clinton

·
Banned
380 Posts

Ron Paul is just another politician. Most of his ideas will never be approved by Democrats and Republicans. If Paul really was authentic then he would have run as an Independent instead of as a Republican.

Dictatorship? When you're part of the military and publicly state that you're not going to obey the President's orders, there will be consequences.
Ron Paul is by far the most honest and trust worthy politician that there is period.
BTW Paul did run as an independent on two different bids for the white house and guess what it got him nothing. Ron Paul is running on the republication ticket because he knows it will get his ideas known on a worldwide level (More media time to promote his ideas)

For you to even suggest that a man that has a perfect track record, who never once sold out and was never bought and paid for by big corporations, begged congress to listen to him when he predicted all of our problems 10 years before they happened and people like you laughed at him, is downright disgusting.

Name one other politician like Ron Paul that for 30 years has taken pay cuts of up to 50% of their pay to give back to the country? Name one other politician like Ron Paul that has made it known that if he was to win the white house would take a 50% pay cut?

Again Fuck Obama and as a vet I would tell him that to his face if I was to ever met the sorry son of a bitch.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts