Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In September of last year, WWE ran a pregnancy storyline with Maria Kanellis teasing the reveal of the baby's father. Among the names mentioned in the story was her husband, Mike Kanellis, Rusev, and Ricochet.

WWE even looked to bring in Maury Povich of The Maury Show to handle the paternity test. The story ended up fizzling off WWE TV and Mike requested his release from WWE in October of last year after he and Maria had re-signed with the company in June of 2019.

Earlier today, a fan on Twitter asked Maria who was going to be the father in that story, and she confirmed it was going to be Mike.

"My husband. He was supposed to turn face. And do a story about recovery from addiction and motivation. But...that's just too good. Too real. Too honest. And of course I was supposed to remain the bad guy. Until I came back from maternity leave. Baby face momma!"

Mike and Maria were later released as part of the company-wide cuts due to COVID-19 in April.

Source: Maria Kanellis Reveals Who The Father Was Going To Be In Her WWE Pregnancy Storyline - Wrestling Inc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Feel sorry for both of them. People like them should realize the moment they sign with the WWE they have zero chance of doing any good other than make money. I have no interest in seeing either of them on TV for a while. They should use this Covid-19 as an opportunity to re-invent themselves and show up in a promotion like Impact or NWA.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Too real? Wrestling fans were not going to cheer s cuck. Wrestling attracts toxic masculinity. Guys not being "alphas" gets shit on. Women who want to be wrestlers get shit on.

That storyline went exactly as it should have. Mike was fucked. You became a whore. Your face turn would have gone over like a lead balloon

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
The storyline should have been Rusev sleeping with her. I remember how much the crowd enjoyed that to see Rusev as the potential father because it fit his character to be sleeping around. Instead, they changed Rusev to basically BE the new Mike Kanellis and made Lana the new Maria. Terrible idea.

I'm glad they didn't make Mike Kanellis a face talking about overcoming drug addiction either. That would have been terrible too. Nobody is going to sympathize with you after you've been acting like a whipped coward for months.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,181 Posts
Storyline should have been that WWE agreed to take on a no talent bum like Mike Bennett because he came with the hot NJPW Playboy version of his wife. Then he knocks her up and turns her into the mom jeans version of Maria Kanellis....TWICE.

Instantly one of the biggest heels on the roster.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,343 Posts
Maria, we never really cared about that storyline anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts