Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if they are just waiting to build up the current young superstars to provide them with more moves or finishers, but I might say that the current finishers many of them are using plain suck...

Curtis Axel nothing more that a neck breaker, Ambrose front versión of a neck breaker, Sandow another one arm holding, Wyatt a modified versión of the crossroads, even Rollins is like a Truth Axe with heating the head (personally this is the most intimidating or interesting for me)...

Do you see any of these finishers interesting, do think they can go over lately, or do you feel they will be allowed to more moves once they show they are a big/decent deal?

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
I wouldn't say they suck, but I would say that they do seem very similar, thus less significant.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Most finishers suck anyways. AA is just a modified powerslam, Rock Bottom is probably the worst. Brogue kick is just a big boot, which happens all the time. JBL's clothesline from hell which was just a clothesline. Finishers have always been pretty weak.

Finishers that are legit are the RKO, because it actually looks pretty painful, Tombstone Piledrivers, and pretty much most submissions.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,164 Posts
If only Rollins starts using God's Last Gift more often. But yeah, Axel's finisher is shit. Ambrose's move does look brutal, and ofc Reigns has that spear :mark:

I don't even remember what Sandow's finisher is. Ziggler's finisher is one of the worst ones too. I do like the Cross Rhodes and ADR's moves though.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Most finishers suck anyways. AA is just a modified powerslam, Rock Bottom is probably the worst. Brogue kick is just a big boot, which happens all the time. JBL's clothesline from hell which was just a clothesline. Finishers have always been pretty weak.

Finishers that are legit are the RKO, because it actually looks pretty painful, Tombstone Piledrivers, and pretty much most submissions.
RKO looks painful?

:bryan:eek:rton2:rock4:cena4:bully:delrio:torres:avb3:benteke:pique2

·
Registered
1,331 Posts

Rock bottom the worst? JBL's clothesline was sick as hell and one of the best clotheslines in wrestling so that's why it could pass as his finisher, it hardly looked weak compared to the current rosters forgettable finishers of today that have no passion put into them.

·
The Man
25,722 Posts

:lol a RKO looks more painful than the Clothesline from Hell or even a big boot? Most of those weak finishers you named look more devestating than a RKO tbh. The AA and Rock Bottom are weak looking finishers though.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The Clothesline from Hell is the 2nd best looking finisher of all time imo. First is the Sweet Chin Music.

·
Banned
605 Posts
DId someone literally just say they thought the Clothesline from Hell was a bad finisher? Especially the way JBL did it? That along with Goldberg's spears are honestly the most devastating looking finishers.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Not sure if they are just waiting to build up the current young superstars to provide them with more moves or finishers, but I might say that the current finishers many of them are using plain suck...
Ok...

Curtis Axel nothing more that a neck breaker
He hasn't used The McGillicutter (no really, that's what it's called fpalm:lol) in a while to finish guys. He's been using the Hangman's Facebuster and Perfect Plex.

Ambrose front versión of a neck breaker
No, it isn't. It's a DDT from a Bulldog position.

Sandow another one arm holding
Yeah, it's pretty soft. He doesn't use it often, even when he was winning matches.

Wyatt a modified versión of the crossroads
That's not what it is. It's a swining reverse STO - innovated, I think, by Alex Shelly who called it the Shell Shock. Mike Knox also did it several years ago.

even Rollins is like a Truth Axe with heating the head (personally this is the most intimidating or interesting for me)...
Not the same. Rollings stomps on the back of the opponents head, and Truth's is basically Booker T's Scissor Kick with added rotation after impact.

I don't want to seem nit-picky here, but your whole point is that the moves suck and you don't know what they are, or are picking ones that aren't often used. Also, a dropkick isn't an enzuigiri, and a reverse sto isn't a neckbreaker.

Do you see any of these finishers interesting, do think they can go over lately, or do you feel they will be allowed to more moves once they show they are a big/decent deal?
I tend to appreciate a finisher more if I've never/very rarely seen it before, or wrestler came up with it themselves. So I like Ambrose's Headlock Driver, Bryan's Yes! Lock, the F-5, and even the AA and Cobra.

I like the ZigZag and the McGullicutter( even though I can't say it aloud with a straight face), but they don't have enough impact, IMO, to be a finisher. I would like to see a high angle "driver" or "buster" finish, but probably wishful thinking on my part. A powerbomb would also be nice - and no, the Shield 3-man powerbomb doesn't count.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I agree. Today's finishers suck. I'm all for innovation, but after all these years any innovation left is going to suck. I'd rather they just steal a generic finisher that so many (now retired) wrestlers have used that no one cares that its stolen anymore, eg powerbomb or spear. And no, the ankle lock doesn't count.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Big E's is terrible I have to admit. The finishers mostly suck now. Everything has been done and it is hard to make up your own. Dolph Zigger's finisher sucks also. Bryan's new finisher is brutal and it is one of the ones that I actually like. The Cesaro swing is awesome, but it shouldn't be used to finish an opponent because it looks super ineffective.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Big E or Ryback should use Powerbomb as finisher, their finishers really suck, they are just too big and too strong to to use retarded finishers like that, when they can do much better.
Not fan of Ambrose but his finisher is pretty cool and looks like it hurts lol...

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
The new crop of finishers is fine. The only one I don't really care for is Axel's but that's mostly because it looks ineffective and takes too much time to set up. Wyatt's looks the most devastating when he does it to guys that can sell.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts