Wrestling Forum banner

Mania announce team

1663 Views 29 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  ultimatekrang
Who is going to do it during and possibly the match after King v Cole ? It eill suck with both gone from it even for half an hour...
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
13,454 Posts
This thread will spark a ton of JR comments; and as much as I'd like that, it will most likely be Josh Matthews and Booker T. I can't wait for Booker to call Mania; it's going to be hilarious. :lmao

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Mah Gawd! Mah Gawd! Jim Ross..! Jim Ross..! Jim Ross..!
Doubt will be Booker T cause I got a feeling Booker T will be in a match at WM27..
My pick:
1) JR
2) Matt Striker
3) Josh Matthews

· Registered
2,050 Posts
If you think about it, Josh will be calling at least half of Wrestlemania. King/Cole is the perfect halfway-mark match and naturally Cole is going to be knocked the fuck out by King, so he'll be out of action for the rest of the night.

I guess that's why they had a practice run with Josh being the Play-by-Play guy at Elimination Chamber.

· Dragon Slayer
6,638 Posts
Alex Riley will wrestle Lawler in the place of Cole. Realistically the announce team will be Cole, Matthews, and Striker. Cole will have his segment where he gets his ass kicked by the king, but I'm sure as the main commentator he'll be back for the main event level matches.

Unrealistically/hopeful mark says The King brings in JR to replace Cole, just for WM, after Cole claims hes too important to wrestle at WM. That would give us JR and Matthews/Striker, or all 3. That'd be a great combination.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
I really have a feeling JR is going to be called up to announce the event. With Cole/Lawler looking to have a possible match or something, it would make sense. Not to mention Vince would have much more faith in having JR leading the commentating instead of Josh Matthews, Matt Striker or Booker T. They all could make nice additions to JR, but they can't hold down the whole show on their own. It would be aweful.

Save.Us_JR!!!

· Registered
1,931 Posts
JR must return at 'Mania! I hope he does and I hope he stays on RAW thereafter, leaving Cole on SmackDown with Boooker and Mathews.

Remember when he was at Old School RAW? It was so awesome to hear him call a match again and the live crowd went nuts when he came out...

· Registered
1,931 Posts
Honestly, Jim Ross isn't relevant anymore. I'm glad he's done announcing. Leave the past in the past.
What do you mean Jim Ross is not relevant anymore? Did you not watch Old School RAW? He was great and furthermore the crowd went crazy when he came out. JR is still very relevant and greatly missed and he still can call a match like no one else can!!!

· Registered
1,399 Posts
Honestly, Jim Ross isn't relevant anymore. I'm glad he's done announcing. Leave the past in the past.
It's not about relevance, it's about 'mania needing a decent fucking announce team. If JR doesn't show, 'Mania will be called by Matthews and Booker, while I love Booker's commantary, he can't possibly carry Josh for nearly 4 hours.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.