Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about the crazy pops and momentum Zack had back in fall/winter 2011 and in comparison to that, his stock really dropped in past few months.

Lost his belt, continually beaten up, humiliated/emasculated on TV, presented as an idiot believing the lies of of a obvious skank, betrayed by aforementioned woman at his first Wrestlemania match (which cost his team and the chance for every babyface on the roster of having a fair authority figure), unable to get revenge on her or the guy that put him in the hospital, and now getting much quieter reactions because the crowd has moved on to another guy to cheer and chant for.

Not saying a comeback isn't possible they really haven't done him in any favors lately.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The dude is a joke, he can't wrestle, his mic skills suck, only retards like him which sadly make up 90% of the WWE's fan base

Trust me, I'm the smartest guy on this site, if I say something then it's true.

·
Registered
458 Posts
He's fading quick and it sucks for him

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
It was to be expected. The ONLY reason why Ryder is even on tv is because he got so over they couldn't ignore him. If you get over and Vince McMahon doesn't want you to be over, you're not going to make it. Period. You might save your job so that Vince can make money off you, as Ryder has done, but you won't go anywhere.

And for the record, I would use him just like Vince. He's not good.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The dude is a joke, he can't wrestle, his mic skills suck, only retards like him which sadly make up 90% of the WWE's fan base

Trust me, I'm the smartest guy on this site, if I say something then it's true.
Lmao. Doubt that very much

·
Great One?..
10,832 Posts
Yeah, It's a shame, I never expected him to get a Main Event push after the Madison Square Garden pop or anything but still I expected him to be very popular in the next year, and I'm pretty shocked he's not.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
WWE really concentrated hard to take this shit on Ryder. It really sucks because not much effort was used to continue on his momentum. Ziggles and Ryder did work with that US championship, and a good feud could have come out of Jack and Ryder, but... He is still young, so hopefully he will pick back up.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
He's extremely young. WWE needs to be smart with him and build up a mid card. His feud with Ziggler was good too.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ryder IMO is limited, he hasn't cut any good promos and is average in the ring. Plus he wasn't going to get any farther with the gimmick IMO.
Even still was it utterly necessary to make him look as bad as he has? Isn't having him lose his belt in less than a month, get injured every week, and be completely used and humiliated by Eve a bit more damaging that, I don't know, having him wrestle on Superstars a few times?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Classic WWE. Bury an extremely over young talent like Ryder, and at the same time, continue to shove a middle-aged, boring, unover hack like Del Rio down our throats.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
Even still was it utterly necessary to make him look as bad as he has? Isn't having him lose his belt in less than a month, get injured every week, and be completely used and humiliated by Eve a bit more damaging that, I don't know, having him wrestle on Superstars a few times?
Well Ryder himself got paired up with John Cena for a while and it started going downhill for him. Zack Ryder and John Cena promoted each other on twitter so it was bound to happen.

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
I'm glad, is time people realize being over isn't all.You need at least some other skills to maintain your spot.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am still a fan of Ryder. He got screwed over by shitting booking recently. Hopefully he will get a fresh feud after ER. I also think a heel turn can benefit him like it did for R Truth last year

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
He got over with zero TV time and a goof gimmick. That's better than 95% of the roster right there.
So what if he is over? just look at what's happening with him.For me Ryder is just another Dugan. Some shit wrestler that is over with crowds. You like him? well that's okay for you I don't.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I fail to see WHY the WWE would wan't to jeapordise someone's popularity? Now think about it: They actually WANT someone, who is a proven merchandise draw to be destroyed week after week on live television. It makes absolutely no sense. Only a company like the WWE would legit try to destroy someone who tried so hard to get on TV. What's jobbing him out gonna prove? That the whole concept on 'getting over' is a complete fallacy in the WWE. The head-honchos always say: "Oh, you need to go the extra mile to get over. Do something to draw attention to yourself and never give up." So Zack Ryder goes above and beyond for that, produces a YouTube show for over a year, and seriously only benefited from it for about 2 months. Ever since teaming up with Cena, he's continually lost, and never had ANY chance to get his revenge. He never got revenge for what Eve did, and even just on RAW the announcers didn't even mention that Kane had put him on the shelf for injury for over a month.

^ Now that, is an absolute fucking joke. Does this mean that the entire undercard should just stop trying to do something unique to get a push? Because as far as I'm concerned, Alberto Del Rio has done SHIT ALL to warrant the mega-push he's had over the past year. It's a disgrace. He never did ANYTHING unique, yet the entire midcard essentially jobs to him. That's just unfair. Have a bit of competition for once. Cause it seems that there is seriously only two divisions at the moment: The Main Event, and the "Jobbing-scene". Seriously. What's going on in the Midcard? If Ryder was actually given a chance, he could have had a long, meaningful reign and could've defended the title against Ziggler again, Swagger, Truth (when he was a heel) and others. Now, I like Santino as champion, but realisitically he's trapped at the moment.

It just infuriates me when there are people that try their fucking guts out to get noticed, and work SO hard to get the crowd behind them, only to be instantly jobbed out just because he wasn't "picked" by Vince. That kinda logic is what has made Vince a "millionaire, who should be a billionaire". CM Punk's words have never been more true.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts