Wrestling Forum banner

Man,Razor Ramon was over as HELL from 1993 to 1995

6790 Views 45 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  dave 1981
I mean seriously,this guy had something.As a heel was pretty over,but when they turned him face in the feud against Michaels it was just nuts.The pops he got were just spectacular and i think he might have become one of the first anti heroes in the WWE.Too bad that his addictions ruined his career partly.
Thoughts?
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
1,446 Posts
I mean seriously,this guy had something.As a heel was pretty over,but when they turned him face in the feud against Michaels it was just nuts.The pops he got were just spectacular and i think he might have become one of the first anti heroes in the WWE.Too bad that his addictions ruined his career partly.
Thoughts?
Survey says.... Another one for the bad guy. :agree:

Yeah, its a shame that he could never get his problems under control.

· Registered
4,251 Posts
he sounds like a pretty cool guy in shoots to, but hes got a rep of being one the biggest asses ever. not to mention the other stuff. its a shame cus hes an awesome wrestler.

· Registered
3,721 Posts
he sounds like a pretty cool guy in shoots to, but hes got a rep of being one the biggest asses ever. not to mention the other stuff. its a shame cus hes an awesome wrestler.
In Chris Jericho's new book Chris Jericho says that when the nWo joined the WWF in 2002, Scott Hall went up to Bubba Ray Dudley and said something like "I love that move you do, the 3D. Can't wait to kick out of it" All I was thinking when I read that was "vintage Scott Hall" :lmao

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
I was born in 93 so have no clue about how good Hall was. How over was he? Was it Orton-level over or more like Cena-level over?
He was over with all the Chicas and Chicos. This was really deep in the heart of Babyface Hogan era and the crowds were DYING for an anti-hero like Razor Ramon or Jake Roberts. Every single time they hit a Razor's Edge or a DDT the crowds went insane.

I wish I could find some footage of it but every Razor's Edge the roof blew off.

· Registered
9,596 Posts
One of the greatest characters ever, especially since it was based off of a highly successful movie (Scarface) yet still seemed fresh...I was always sad to not see him stay in WWF/E just because I wanted to see how far he could've taken that razor Ramon character, but yeah he definitely would've/should've gotten a title run if he stayed. I thought he deserved more than the 1 or 2 heavyweight title shots he got while there

· Banned
5,112 Posts
He was over with all the Chicas and Chicos. This was really deep in the heart of Babyface Hogan era and the crowds were DYING for an anti-hero like Razor Ramon or Jake Roberts. Every single time they hit a Razor's Edge or a DDT the crowds went insane.

I wish I could find some footage of it but every Razor's Edge the roof blew off.
So basically like Orton as anti-hero to Cena nowadays?

10,845 Posts
No, Razor Ramon was like Rock more than an anti-hero. The cool guy. Roberts was more like Orton. In 1994 when he DDTed Hogan the crowd went berserk.
The crowd marked so hard WWE refused to show that clip for a long time.

· Celestial Messiah
38,520 Posts
No, Razor Ramon was like Rock more than an anti-hero. The cool guy. Roberts was more like Orton. In 1994 when he DDTed Hogan the crowd went berserk.
The crowd marked so hard WWE refused to show that clip for a long time.
Not 1994. In 1986. Imagine that. The peak of Hulkamania, and Jake got a mega pop for DDTing the bastard.

Incredible.

10,845 Posts
I seem to remember him DDTing Hogan to a tremendous reaction in '94 at a PPV. Maybe I'm going crazy.

Razor Ramon's promos and vignettes are fantastic. They'd never occur now, though. Too many allusions to killing and drug use and man-whoring. Plus, he openly advocated school truancy and dropping out.

Who needs education!?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.