Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link

Mr Clementi, a first-year student at Rutgers University, New Jersey, and a talented violinist, updated his Facebook page minutes earlier, telling his friends: “Jumping off the gw bridge sorry.”
Awful story. I would hate for anything like that to happen to me. His facebook friends must have been in a panic.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Seriously? Its 2010, in this day and age its considered acceptable to be gay. Yet he kills himself over it?

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
ehh a lot gays still get hated on quite a bit. he obviously had other issues if he killed himself over it. personally i think suicide is the cowards way out.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Suicide is the cowards way out. However how the fuck is it possible that these person are not being charged with anything? I betcha a good lawyer could get some kind of murder charge on the person responsible's ass.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
At first I thought the guy was an idiot for offing himself over this, but he obviously had some deeper issues with himself. I doubt his family were the most supporting of people if he basically killed himself for some homosexual act. If they were a loving family he shouldn't have had a problem with his sexuality and would have just been pissed off at being humiliated.

·
Premium Member
43,668 Posts
Oh man, when I first read the topic title, I imagined a husband getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar, but this is just tragic.

I'm sure he felt humiliated & violated, but there was no reason to do this man. Very sad.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
At first I thought the guy was an idiot for offing himself over this, but he obviously had some deeper issues with himself. I doubt his family were the most supporting of people if he basically killed himself for some homosexual act. If they were a loving family he shouldn't have had a problem with his sexuality and would have just been pissed off at being humiliated.
I think even the most strict & homophobic families would rather their son be gay , than gay AND dead.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Seriously? Its 2010, in this day and age its considered acceptable to be gay. Yet he kills himself over it?
Depends on parents and education. If these factors taught him wrong, this is sadly not a surprise.

He was weak, but not in an actually bad way. Hence I feel sorry for him.

I think even the most strict & homophobic families would rather their son be gay , than gay AND dead.
Even if this is true (hopefully it is), this would still need a logical approach. If the family broke him with fear, nothing helps.

There is NO logical reason to ever kill yourself except to save something more important to you or if the only thing that waits for you is pain. Sadly, fear can corrupt both reasons in its "favor".

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
The guy who streamed it is a fucking asshole. Deserves some sort of punishment no doubt. This guy was obviously really insecure and was probably absolutely humiliated by everything.

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Suicide isn't exactly a cowards way out. If someone is clearly distraught with their life, then who are we to tell them that they should carry on living with it. If he doesn't want to feel like shit for the rest of his life, then all power to him. It's not a cowards way out at all, unless they did something wrong and were facing prison.

Some people really think that they are high and mighty at times.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
The guy who streamed it is a fucking asshole. Deserves some sort of punishment no doubt. This guy was obviously really insecure and was probably absolutely humiliated by everything.
I'm also pretty sure if the guy didn't kill himself instead of everyone on campus ridiculing the gay guy they would probably just consider the guy who streamed it the biggest douche ever and he would be the one socially fucked over.

Worst case , the gay guy could have transferred to a different school right? This all seems a bit ridiculous

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I see people way worse off than this dude being gay. If they can handle it, this guy should have grown a pair too. When you commit suicide you only are thinking about yourself and not others around you. How do you think this guys parents feel? People are such pussies these days thinking their lives are so terrible when they really aren't that bad in the grand scheme of things.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Absolutely, and I hope that's the case here, but it doesn't seem to be.

Just realised, we all seem to be under the impression he was in the closet. Any news whether he was actually openly gay but was just too humiliated to think straight?

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
i'm willing to bet a lot of people lol'ed at his status until they found out he actually did it. i don't know how many times stupid people on facebook just make suicidal notes just as a joke, or just because they feel bad at the moment.

anyway, sucks for him. shouldn't throw your life away like that.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts