Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure you guys have seen these videos but its just amazing to see how into it people were back then. I swear people would be like throwing their babys into the air whenever a guy would come out or win a match.

Fast Forward to 4:01

Fast Forward to 1:20

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
The Stone cold one, where it goes noise, a mini-second of silence (People jumping to their feet, & then the explosion is fantastic!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
It's one thing which is right at the top of my list of what I miss about WWE/pro wrestling today. It just hasn't got the same aura or atmosphere like it used to have 10 years ago.

Austin one gave me shivers.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
That's cause people were like addicted to WWE back then, if the same stuff happened today, people wouldn't be as addicted because there's LOTS of other tv shows out there that gets lots of viewers. It's not just WWE though, many sports teams have seen their loudness in the crowd decrease in the past several years.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
^ I don't think so. I think if the WWE tried, they could achieve something like that again.

That is, if they tried. Unfortunately, they just want to stay safe.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I's Because that audience was more based around adults the audience now is like a family and kids the only roaring crowds you'll hear is if cena comes out to the ring or wins a match. The crowd will never be like before =(

Reactions: LegendofBaseball

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Technically those are the exceptions that prove the rule.

1) Jericho, the new fresh star stealing a shock title win over mega heel Triple H

2) Relatively sure the crowd was high back then

3) Commanders of the two hottest factions in WWE colliding. In MSG.

4) Its a Summerslam. In England. With an Englishman in the main event wrestling for a title in a fantastic match

5) Its Stone Cold 'MotherFucking' Austin in his prime, helping the unltimate underdog amongst the chaos overcome the odds against the corporation.

If you look back at the history of wrestling, you'll struggle to find ANY moment to compete with those. Did you know that during Wrestlemania VI only about two wrestlers could actually draw a decent reaction? Hogan and Andre. The attitude era is the exception to all this. Getting a crowd to acre about you is the hardest part of being a wrestler

Let me give an example, if Survivor Series was hosted in England, ala Summerslam 1992, what do you think the crowd would do when Barrett became the first ever British World Champion?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
probably the main reason why wrestling will never be as good again. The Jericho and Austin reactions are incredible, oh for those halcyon days...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Let me give an example, if Survivor Series was hosted in England, ala Summerslam 1992, what do you think the crowd would do when Barrett became the first ever British World Champion?
the pop would be big, but nowhere near as big as those shown. The WWE crowd is kids and families, they just don't make as much noise, fact

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
the pop would be big, but nowhere near as big as those shown. The WWE crowd is kids and families, they just don't make as much noise, fact
I beg to differ. When Hogan and Cena each enter the ring the entire crowd goes electric. If anything kids are the loudest fans of all.

Its the casuals who dont give a shit.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I beg to differ. When Hogan and Cena each enter the ring the entire crowd goes electric. If anything kids are the loudest fans of all.

Its the casuals who dont give a shit.
meh, agree to disagree, kids make a kind of noise, but it isn't the 'right' kind of noise. Look at the crowd the two biggest reactions there, Jericho and Austin, it's all 20+ blokes.
Men who give a shit are the ones that make those pop's special.

·
*something amusing*
1,929 Posts
If Wade was to become the first English world champion IN England the pop would be ridiculous. Especailly if it was at Wembley with like 100,000 people there.

From looking at these videos... I miss when the Intercontinental title actually meant something.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Technically those are the exceptions that prove the rule.

1) Jericho, the new fresh star stealing a shock title win over mega heel Triple H

2) Relatively sure the crowd was high back then

3) Commanders of the two hottest factions in WWE colliding. In MSG.

4) Its a Summerslam. In England. With an Englishman in the main event wrestling for a title in a fantastic match

5) Its Stone Cold 'MotherFucking' Austin in his prime, helping the unltimate underdog amongst the chaos overcome the odds against the corporation.

If you look back at the history of wrestling, you'll struggle to find ANY moment to compete with those. Did you know that during Wrestlemania VI only about two wrestlers could actually draw a decent reaction? Hogan and Andre. The attitude era is the exception to all this. Getting a crowd to acre about you is the hardest part of being a wrestler

What? So I guess Ultimate Warrior didn't get a reaction? Have you even seen WM VI?
Watch the reactions when Demolotion, Hart Foundation, Dusty Rodes win their respective matches, all of them get big bigger pops than Cena currently gets.
Take a look at the Warrior-Hogan match to see the ovation Warrior gets when the ref makes the three count.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Did you know that during Wrestlemania VI only about two wrestlers could actually draw a decent reaction? Hogan and Andre.
You're forgetting Jake the Snake and Ultimate Warrior

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
So, I'm guessing the OP missed the Raw before Summerslam this year when the crowd was as hot as it's ever been in years?

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
That Austin pop video is unfortunate, because it doesn't show the EVEN LOUDER pop that happens when Mankind pins The Rock to win the WWF Title. Why does the video cut that out of there? It's so stupid.

Someone should post a video that includes that, because if you want to hear a true pop, and not just a surprise pop, THAT is what you need to hear.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts