Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my older cousin called out Wrestling and what I thought was the great days
He was into the Hogan/Warrior/Savage days
How he made fun of storylines like who hit him with the car type stuff and other overdramatic but unrealistic storylines from that time

I now dread the thought that some kid will look back on these days as the best

In some ways I think are they trying to let it be fake as possible

For instance playing a wrestler's music after he does something awesome, no matter what the circumstances
I gotta say I'm a hypocrite on this one

Two of my favorite moments in wrestling, when Austin stunned the boss for the first time and HBK superkicked Vince after he got fired, they played their music and I thought it added awesomeness to the moment
But why this past Raw when they did the same thing for a "fired" John Cena, I saw it as absurd fake crap?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wrestling is like Christmas....

Once that Magic gets inside it never leaves you.

Have to say though the stupid way that WWE does things like this from just not thinking logically does weaken the product as a whole.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wrestling is like Christmas....

Once that Magic gets inside it never leaves you.

Have to say though the stupid way that WWE does things like this from just not thinking logically does weaken the product as a whole.
All too true
For a short time I thought I was done, well not really done but lost interest
And then I came back
If anything the nostalgic classic DVDs will always keep me around lol

I think creative is lazy and just doesn't care about kayfabe like how it used to be cared about and just do whatever
If they insult our intelligence, it's whatever to them

·
Registered
149 Posts
Exactly!!! I have loved wrestling since i was 4. so back in 1990 i was bashing wrestling figures, only willing to get my hair cut if i was watching wrestlemania on VHS and so forth. I then stopped watching in 2002 ish but it never left I continued to buy magazines and then the internet brought it all back to the surface as far as watching every moment just like before.

WWE needs to work on these tiny issues because they make a big difference. It would of made sense for cena to disappear for a month or so and then cause a issue for Barrett at RR or something.

The issue is WWE has such a monopoly it can get away with this stuff. It really needs a Big TNA to get the WWE to sharpen up!!!

Reactions: RawIsWiz28

·
Registered
915 Posts
You need to care less about it being completely straightforward logical. It's light entertainment.

(If you need to justify Cena's music, it's because everyone in the WWE likes Cena and hate Nexus so they let him do what he wants, play his music etc even though he's 'fired')

1 - 5 of 5 Posts