Wrestling Forum banner

Man, How Terrible Is This Latest Run of Jericho's???

6867 87
I'm as much of a Chris Jericho fan as the next guy - I mean, I'm Canadian, so I pretty much HAVE to be, but you'd have to be blind and naive to not see how bland and uninteresting his "latest" return has been.

I know that he only returned last week and it's only been a couple of appearance so far, but I can't be the only one who sees this? He's out there on Raw spouting off insults with the New Day, obviously reciting from a script handed to him, and the crowd reactions to him have been vanilla at best.

"Yay, it's Jericho! That's kinda cool, I guess!" *mild applause as his music hits*

Is that just it? Have people gotten sick of his "Here for a few months, gone for a year" routine? Kinda sounds like The Rock's schedule back in 2001/2002/2003, but then again, that was The Rock, who worked with the top names in the biggest matches on the card. Jericho seems to let anyone pin him as long as he gets time off for his band to tour.

That is, when he's actually wrestling instead of wearing clothes that are way too tight. Y2-Jelly donuts, perhaps?

On top of that, the guy looks as excited to be back as he looked in 2005 before he left for two years.

I haven't seen such a phoned-in performance since Miz vs Cena at Mania 27.

Am I the only one seeing this the last two weeks of Raw?
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

· Registered
4,706 Posts
I've not been entertained by any of his recent returns. His best return was in 2012. I felt it was done well with the mysterious promos leading up to it and when he returned, it was still exciting and he probably should have won the Royal Rumble that year. However, the one reason why this was his best return was because he waited almost two years to return again. As you said, now he just returns for a few months and leaves again. It will keep on happening unfortunately because he said he will only leave for good if he feels his body can't take it anymore or if he feels disinterested.

I kinda wish they gave him a few meaningful victories to build him up and give him credibility again. He shouldn't be super pushed or in the main event but at least help the mid-card titles. Right now, a win over him means nothing. Or they can always turn him heel. He is not as popular as the Rock or Undertaker are. What's the worst that could happen if you turn him heel and give him a feud with Dean Ambrose at WrestleMania or even Kalisto. Better than anything he has done since 2012.

· Registered
5,813 Posts
I agree we should give him time, but I must admit I'm not a fan of modern TV-Chris Jericho. I'm sure he's great on the house shows he performs at, but on Raw he's just a bit... Cheesy.

I'm all for Chris Jericho returning, I just wish it was the old pre-2014 Jericho, and I think they could do so much more by having him involved much higher up the card, and he will be a fine edition to the Rumble, but having him as random guy in tag title feud is not worth it. I understand he may want to work with New Day like he did Wyatt though, but I wish he was given a chance to be much higher.

· Registered
19,757 Posts
I honestly believe Jericho is sucking so bad on purpose so he can get people to boo him. Must be all an elaborate plan to set up a heel run for WM. Y2J's a smart guy and tries to stay ahead of fans, so I wouldn't put it past him.

· Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
13,854 Posts
I think going back to the Y2J character is what's hurting Jericho. His previous character was so much better and it fits this era of wrestling a lot better.
Jericho as heel would be better than face Jericho, i've always thought of that. Don't recall when i'd last been excited to see face Jericho wrestle.

· Banned
4,375 Posts
I'm a massive Jericho fan but I've been let down by a lot of his returns since he won the world heavyweight title and started using the moniker, " Best in the world at what I do". That even got copied by a certain other star lol

Since then, he has lost matched he should never have lost, been ok on the mic and just looked like he was in it for the paycheck. I will say that his match with Neville was a revelation and proved that he could still hang in the ring, it's a shame he hasn't done much of that when it matters.

· THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,961 Posts
He just got back, hasn't even had a match yet.

Lets give it till after the rumble and see what happens, I'm still expecting a heel 08 esque Y2J.

· Registered
3,395 Posts
Just here to put over Ambrose, and leave right after anyways. This guy is pretty much useless considering how much he has put over talent, at the expense of his own credibility which means a win over him is pretty much close to pointless now.

· Banned
14,762 Posts
Okay lets think about this. The Dudleyz come back, can still work just fine, are immediately thrown against New Day, feud does nothing but lose heat and eventually fizzle. Jericho comes back, can still work just fine, immediately thrown into shit with New Day, and also is doing nothing but fizzling. Jericho's very much mailing it in, don't get me wrong, but that's only because The New Day are a stupid comedy act that WWE is desperately trying to get over at the next level, and they aren't cutting it.

· Banned
7,020 Posts
This is how you fix it.

Turn him heel by inviting Ambrose to the highlight reel and have jericho put ambrose through the tron like he did michaels. Then have jericho raise ambroses ic title in the air with a crazy intense look on his face.

One month passes and Ambrose is still out. Jericho builds heat by cutting heel promos every week. He trashes the fans for saying he should retire and all that and says he,s just getting started. One week as he,s in the ring cutting a promo some weird music hits and the fans feel confused. Out comes Ambrose. Shaved clean, hair slicked back. He paces slowly towards the ring and starts to beat the shit out of jericho. Ambrose returns with a more serious character similair to that in fcw. No more lunatic cringe.

Boom and you have the hottest program in the company.

But Vince will not do something entertaining like that just like he didnt turn reigns heel at survivor series. He will probably have jericho face new day in a 3-1 handicap match at mania. Rooty tooty booty fpalm

Reactions: coreysamson

· Premium Member
39,721 Posts
Seems like he's been phoning it in on the mic, & that material fpalm Just seems like yet another lacklustre Jericho return.

It's a shame he's allowed his stock to fall so low.

Reactions: Empress
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.