Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an idea here, obviously not going to happen but I think it would be neat:
Vince comes out and recognizes how pathetic the current tag team champions are and he announces that he is vacating the titles. He then issues an open challenge to anyone in the locker room, stating that if any team in the locker room feels they are worthy of holding the titles.. then prove it. Next couple of weeks we see a few good tag teams form and put on some decent matches. Vince then holds a ceremony where he puts the titles on whatever tag team makes themselves most credible, then BOOM! out come Christian and Edge to have a nice feud with the new tag team champions.

What do ya think, and got any other ideas?

· Squared Circle Gimmick
5,566 Posts
the easiest and best way to make any title look credible..........put it on Jericho
Remember Jerishow? 2009 was an ok year for the Tag Team Division, with teams like the Hart Dynasty, MVP/Henry, DX along with Jerishow... However, it didn't elevate the Tag Division to where it should be today.

So I guess in a way it all didn't matter.

· A Poster with Impeccable Style
423 Posts
After last night's Raw it is very clear that the WWE doesn't care to focus efforts into refurbishing their tag team division. They have some cool tag teams/factions like The Corre and Nexus, but past that I can't see any other credible teams. I'd love to see more focus on the division, as I generally enjoy tag team wresting, but I'd rather see Edge and Christian in the main event scene. Ah, I miss the 2000s where the WWE had a great tag division.

· Registered
1,880 Posts
Remember Jerishow? 2009 was an ok year for the Tag Team Division, with teams like the Hart Dynasty, MVP/Henry, DX along with Jerishow... However, it didn't elevate the Tag Division to where it should be today.

So I guess in a way it all didn't matter.
yea but when jericho was in the tag team duvusuin the division was interesting and worth watching, then WWE screwed it up again. Just like back around that time the IC title lost its credibility but then they put the title on Jericho and he had a great fued with Rey to and it made the IC title important again for a little while atleast.

· Registered
11 Posts
Me too.

The promotions current Tag Division is worth the design on the Tag Belts... Pennies.

It's sad. Remember the days with the Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, The Road Warriors, Brain Busters & the list goes on and on.
Don't forget Demolition and Strike Force. Yes, there were some awesome tag teams back in the day.

Then came the era of tag-team suckiness.

Then it was revived with the Dudley's, Hardy's, and E&C.

Since then it has been back to sucking terribly. Something needs to be done here.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Tag Teams :

Credibility :
- more tag teams for more competition (it's obvious).
- huge stars should tag team too and regularly.
- no jobbing tag teams (all of them should be credible).

Diversity :
- create a few mixed style tag teams (quick with strong, koslov-kozlov).
- create some same style tag teams (two powerhouses, two quick wrestlers).
- add at least one lucha-libre style tag team and one shoot style/martial arts tag team.

Storylines :
- 40% face, 60% heel.
- betraying and rivality among and inside teams.
- surprise attacks and cheating.
- forced tag teaming between two opponents.

Single matches and titles :

Credibility :
- more credible wrestlers for more competition (it's obvious).
- huge stars should lose too and regularly.
- no jobbing wrestlers (all of them should be credible).

Storylines :
- 40% face, 60% heel.
- betraying and rivality among and inside stables.
- forced alliances between two opponents.
- long reigns and tournaments (to gain heat).
- forced handicap matches.

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Credibility :
- more tag teams for more competition (it's obvious).
- huge stars should tag team too and regularly.
- no jobbing tag teams (all of them should be credible).

Diversity :
- create a few mixed style tag teams (quick with strong, koslov-kozlov).
- create some same style tag teams (two powerhouses, two quick wrestlers).
- add at least one lucha-libre style tag team and one shoot style/martial arts tag team.

Storylines :
- 40% face, 60% heel.
- betraying and rivality among and inside teams.
- forced tag teaming between two opponents.
- forced handicap matches.
- long reigns and tournaments (to gain heat).
Great post. All of this would make for an awesome tag division. And the sad thing is, the WWE could EASILY do this, I don't freakin know why they don't. They already have a bunch of wrestlers who could form into tag teams, and maybe hire a just few more tag teams and it's done. The WWE is so dissapointing at times.

· Registered
2 Posts
Your tag team ideas are all good. but with the idea of wwe to focus on the younger wrestlers i have a few possible teams in mind to get up the tag team section:

Mason Ryan + Michael McGillicutty: FACE
Heath Slater + Justin Gabriel: HEEL

That can be the next new nexus vs. corre storyline. In my opinion i would like to let the new nexus split up after wrestelmania to get punk back into the wwe titlerun and form a team up ryan and mcgillicutty. they could be a typical powerhouse + wrestler with high technical skills team. otonga could be used in ic or us title matches.

Daniel Bryan + Derrick Bateman: FACE
Drew McIntyre + Sheamus: HEEL

I liked seeing bryan + bateman together. they looked like they really fit together. the combination up myintyre an sheamus is an idea like the british invasion if you can remember. myintyre and sheamus could think that they as europeans have no chance to get better in wwe agains the americans.

The Hard Dynasty: FACE
The Usos: HEEL

the storyline between these two teams was really to short and it can get really better. perhaps with a mentor on both sides. bret hart and rikishi or someone else. to show who of these second generation superstars teams is the better on.

Ted Dibiasi + Cody Rhodes: HEEL

i think as a team they were quite better then both of them alone. a reunion would be nice.

what do you think?

· Registered
806 Posts
Wasn't this done in 2002 or something? Anyway, I think it'd be better to make E&C a surprise late edition. Say Santino and Kozlov are in the final or something, then get attacked, the heel team in the final proclaim themselves champions by default and then you hear E&C's old music.

· Registered
4 Posts
e & c back would be amazing problem with it is they need to move forward not back get fresh new teams in build them up.

not place 2 random people together like they seem to do a lot now.
maybe try and nick some of tna teams!

other then that maybe look at roh and fcw see who they can get from there maybe

· Registered
349 Posts
They hired the Usos remember? that solved all of their problems.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.