Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks for the reply and noted the above but until we have additional updates in 2020 I can not really comment further than what I have to date.

Once I have more updates I will share them and I will give the concerns above to the design team to look at.

Jeff M
Hey, that's all well and good. Because honestly, what else can I do at this point.

I was professional when I wrote the OP (or at least I believe I was), but allow me to just say this. This whole situation still sucks. It sucks hard that a great community has been divided and cut down drastically from where it was because of an update that wasn't fully realized.

I created this thread, knowing I might be wasting time, but feeling that I owed it enough to this place and the people I've met to say something and try. Like I said before, you guys still have a long ways to go to fix what you broke.

·
Administrator
511 Posts
The update today fixes the issue with the edit post time and also will address give some additional "search" features.

Admin CP is coming over the next few weeks as well as others.

There will be more to come.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
511 Posts
Not entirely sure what "push notifications" means but I'll keep an eye out for them.
Coming Soon! Push Notifications
Coming soon - members will be able to allow push notifications in their browser, so they can keep up to date on the latest activity on the site:

Once released to all sites, members can navigate to Account Settings, then Preferences, where they can enable push notifications and edit other notification settings.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
511 Posts
New search functionality has been updated also.

Improved Search
We are excited to introduce more search functionality to help members find the information they need faster and easier. Now, you can search the entire site or narrow down to a specific forum or discussion that you are currently viewing.

Share your feedback on search in the thread below:

Jeff M

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Sounds like you guys have worked hard and listened closely while adapting to changes thrust upon you. I've noticed websites in general seem more uniform in presentation, kind of like businesses in a small handicraft market shifting into a major shopping complex.

Symbols:

An easily accessible pool of wrestling gifs that everybody can use could be an improvement over the old symbol list. The key is everybody is familiar with the same pool of gifs and they're quickly available.

Rep:

I might be in the minority here, but the feedback comment function would be valuable in a future update, IMO. It's the idea of a feature that helps you identify and care about other posters' opinions more quickly, rather than perceiving everyone as kind of a blur. Something that makes things personal. I find it's rare for a forum to achieve that.

Overall, any other changes were barely noticeable for me. I didn't even realise it changed for a while!

·
Registered
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well I've seen some updates since I posted this thread, the main one being push notifications. Not really something that I would say is needed but hey, I know it's a popular feature on other sites.

Again, I'll state the 2 things, of many, that need to be improved:

*Overall Site Layout and Design
*An Active Thread Sidebar

I can't stress enough how important those things are.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,029 Posts
This used to be a really fun place. The "classics" was my escape from the real world. People were always posting and the posts were from folks from all over and every age.

Now we are lucky if we get content, and its usually just AE stuff.

Please do not be too proud to admit you messed this up. You tried, it is not working. I understand "Wrestling Forum" will continue to get searches, but the reality is forums are not what they used to be. Forums are a thing of the past, every forum is losing members to more current content. You could have kept the longtime users and added the occasional newbie, but you chased off your fanbase. If you reset it, some will come back.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,801 Posts
Yea, you VS mods REALLY need to fix the forum.

Your new update is a total bust, and the forum activity has decreased DRAMATICALLY compared to how it was 3 months ago with the old forum layout.

You should really return to the old forum layout at some point SOON, or at least keep making some MAJOR positive changes/updates to this site that can help increase the forum activity. You ironically lured away dozens of regular members by making this unnecessary update last December.

Edit:

For the record, someone on this site pointed out how the December update is actually making this forum load a lot LONGER than the old forum layout ever did; so this issue pretty much defeats the whole purpose of "updating" the site to begin with since the old format was apparently running more smoothly.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts