Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site is real slow which is a shame as it has the best look on the internet today - If this site was faster so many members would be signing up.

N

·
0 Posts
Evil Blood said:
Make the site faster and its not the adds because I got a pop up blocker
Your pop-up blocker is slow, then.

If you have 1mbps connection or higher and a good pop-up blocker, the site is fast. If you have a crappy connection and a crappy pop-up stopper, of course the site is slow...

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Evil Blood said:
If this site was faster so many members would be signing up.
Look at the amount of members we have. If this site is as slow as you say it is, we must be doing something right to get them to join up. :rolleyes:

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
In his defense, on 56k with Internet Security Ad-Blocking and Pop-up blocking; the site is slow to load. But that's just about every site now. Most sites are designed for broadband connections now.

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
I have a pop-up stopper as well as having scripting disabled. I find that if scripting is on it is very slow to load, even with Cable connection. You could disable sigs and avatars in your User Options which would make it quicker as they don't have to load.
As for more members, there's only one other wrestling site with more members.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
It's faster with scripting turned off, but not by a great deal. It's not the pop-ups that slow it, it's the banner ads. (I'm talking from the point of view of those who don't have Norton WhateverItIs that blocks everything.)

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
The site is slow for me as well. Since the board was updated it's been pretty slow when searching, opening threads or doing anything for that matter. I don't see any ads or pop ups for norton internet security. I don't know what it is, because it was at normal speed until the board changed, I have DSL and everything. It's not a big deal, I wouldn't complain or have said anything, but since this thread was here I thought I would state that I also experience the slowness.

N

·
0 Posts
...you're too stupid to make the site faster. Blocking ads completely is the best way. It's so simple, yet none of you do it...

·
L'Avvocato Del Diavolo
2,860 Posts
My browser blocks every single pop-up that you come across, It came free with my BT Yahoo broadband set up stuff, it's really good and as I have broadband and the pop-up blocker this site runs really quickly.

·
15,672 Posts
Nitemare said:
...you're too stupid to make the site faster. Blocking ads completely is the best way. It's so simple, yet none of you do it...
You say it's "so simple", yet you don't say how to do it.

N

·
0 Posts

I've only said it approximately 1 billion times.

It involves downloading, so it's probably out of your 'intelligence.'

·
15,672 Posts
Then I did know what it was. It's the age-old argument of whether the users of this site should have to download programs in order to make this site - not any other, I hasten to add, it is only this site that has such problems - more useable.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts