Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This company has a 20 year veteran working a mostly full-time schedule still for WWE to the point where he's even surpassed John Cena in terms of longetivity. He's the best he's ever been in terms of ring work and on the mic, and overall, he's just a fucking badass and a legend all around. Why is Vince so against giving him another run with the title? Give him the fucking belt and have your top star carry the company during this really hard time.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
No. Have Drew beat Orton at Summerslam main event to establish Drews legacy. Then move Orton to SD and have him squash yawn strowman or the clown to become wwe champ

·
Registered
566 Posts
No. Have Drew beat Orton at Summerslam main event to establish Drews legacy. Then move Orton to SD and have him squash yawn strowman or the clown to become wwe champ
Feel like if ratings don't improve that much until Summerslam they might just put the title on Orton. Not that he's a mssive draw or anything but yeah.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Feel like if ratings don't improve that much until Summerslam they might just put the title on Orton. Not that he's a mssive draw or anything but yeah.
Ratings aren't going to improve until fans come back. Regardless of who the champ is.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Ratings aren't going to improve until fans come back. Regardless of who the champ is.
Also not true. The ratings were garbage before the pandemic and they will continue to go down during and after it.

The sad reality is Orton despite being a decent enough performer never really drew as champion. He is favored by Vince because Orton reminds him of a younger version of himself.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Wouldn't be opposed to another Orton reign at all seeing as how impeccable he was with his feud with Edge into Mania. I don't think it's completely necessary however, seeing as he's already a 13 time World champion or something. Orton vs. Mcintyre would be a great marquee match so I'm atleast hoping that match happens, not really concerned about who comes out on top.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
the cancel culture mob is going to start bringing up anything inappropriate he's done in his past to try and ruin him. every wrestler is going to be cancelled until the only ones left are guys like Ricochet, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
He's the only heel that should take the belt off of Drew right now.

It's tough, because right now Randy is the biggest heel in all of wrestling. How do you say no to putting the title on him. But on the other hand you've got Drew who is doing a really good job as champion and usually you would want to see a guy like Drew beat the big bad heel to establish him even more.

I don't know, I don't think I would be mad no matter the direction they go in.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,088 Posts
Obviously you didn't hear Orton on Raw when he said he doesn't need the Title, He meant it because he doesn't need a prop to illustrate his position in the WWE being one of the select few who exceeds the Championship belt due to his body of work and reputation.

Giving him the Title would be fine but all I see is the same Orton being anchored from a prop to limited feuds instead of a more varied set of angles he could continue working with against a plethora of Superstars.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,201 Posts
At this stage in Orton's career he doesn't really need to championship. He can keep chasing the title but Drew needs it more than Orton I think.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'd rather not see Blandy Boreton as champion. It's been done, it was never that satisfying and it just highlights how boring he is outside of an RKO out of nowhere.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd rather not see Blandy Boreton as champion. It's been done, it was never that satisfying and it just highlights how boring he is outside of an RKO out of nowhere.
Seems like he is implementing the punt back into his arsenal. Even if you find him boring the man works hard for the company and deserves to be reward. He definitely will get a few more title runs at least before the end of his career, doesn't have to be now.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Seems like he is implementing the punt back into his arsenal. Even if you find him boring the man works hard for the company and deserves to be reward. He definitely will get a few more title runs at least before the end of his career, doesn't have to be now.
You're right that he will get more runs. The guy still has years left in him.

The punt was one of the more interesting parts of his career, so that's good to see again to be fair.

There was a time though when he had a reputation for not being so hard working lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You're right that he will get more runs. The guy still has years left in him.

The punt was one of the more interesting parts of his career, so that's good to see again to be fair.

There was a time though when he had a reputation for not being so hard working lol.
True, but after working that many years consistently he probably lost some of his passion at the time. He's one of my favorite wrestlers and seeing people talk down on him is just crazy to me. Especially since he is one of the most prolific heels of all time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts