Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching old videos from OVW and seeing bautista's old gimmick and I have to say they should use it on Dan Martha. From the looks and size he could work well in this gimmick

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Re: Make dan martha into Leviathan,

He'll be cut in less than a year. He doesn't have it. Very ordinary. I would be surprised if anything is done with him by this time again next year.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts

He'll be cut in less than a year. He doesn't have it. Very ordinary. I would be surprised if anything is done with him by this time again next year.
We've barely seen anything on him? Chill, lets see what he can do first. After all, its developmental for a reason.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts

Still thinking NXT is developmental in 2017 :mj4
Ahem

-Filled with rookie wrestlers learning to wrestle. check

-A center dedicated to teaching wrestlers. Check

-A multitude of coaches there to coach the new guys how to wrestle. Check

-Is a third brand that is known to be far more experimental and far more forgiving of its talent. Check

-A multitude of veteran wrestlers used to both teach the younger wrestlers and learn the WWE style themselves. Check.

Its developmental.

Oh and I just discovered the rep system the other day, and one of the few red reps I got was from you for calling NXT developmental a while ago. I'm sorry what the hell is your problem with this. Do you get paid for the amount of people you try to convince NXT isn't developmental?

·
The Final Kid
3,397 Posts

-Filled with rookie wrestlers learning to wrestle. check

-A center dedicated to teaching wrestlers. Check

-A multitude of coaches there to coach the new guys how to wrestle. Check
This really describes the Performance Center, not the show itself. Try again.

-Is a third brand that is known to be far more experimental and far more forgiving of its talent. Check
What the hell does this mean? :confused:

-A multitude of veteran wrestlers used to both teach the younger wrestlers and learn the WWE style themselves. Check.
None of these so called veterans help the youngins to do anything, if that was the case, someone like Liv Morgan would be the best wrestler ever considering the amount of time she spent in the PC and touring.

Do you get paid for the amount of people you convince NXT isn't developmental?
I don't get paid, I say whatever the fuck I want to say, whether people like it or not. I just think people calling the show developmental when the presentation and focus doesn't even come close to it is just downright laughable.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
19,156 Posts
I like Matha.

Good look and confident, but that's just going off seeing him. Don't think I've ever seen him in the ring but make him a power house and I'm all in.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts

This really describes the Performance Center, not the show itself. Try again.

What the hell does this mean? :confused:

None of these so called veterans help the youngins to do anything, if that was the case, someone like Liv Morgan would be the best wrestler ever considering the amount of time she spent in the PC and touring.

I don't get paid, I say whatever the fuck I want to say, whether people like it or not. I just think people calling the show developmental when the presentation and focus doesn't even come close to it is just downright laughable.
-I'm sorry but last I checked every wrestler in NXT is part of the performance center. The performance center and NXT are just part of the same developmental system. The PC being the training ground and NXT being the show and proving ground to showcase their talents.

-Its more experimental meaning that WWE uses it as a place to test out new ideas because you know, its developmental. Its also more forgiving because if a talent screws up you can get another gimmick or another chance. You know almost like its a place where people are still learning. Almost like a developmental?

-Your logic here makes no sense. You have no proof that the older wrestlers don't help the younger ones. My proof, Ohno is put against matches with younger more inexperienced in ring workers at house shows, almost as if to help them learn from one of the best in ring performers of all time. Come on man, you're telling me they have a wealth of veteran talent there and they choose not to have them teach the younger ones. WTF? And Liv is shit because one, she is still a rookie or two maybe she just isn't good at wrestling. Nothing to do with her having the best teachers and coaches.

Reactions: Glorious_Dar

·
The Final Kid
3,397 Posts

-I'm sorry but last I checked every wrestler in NXT is part of the performance center. The performance center and NXT are just part of the same developmental system. The PC being the training ground and NXT being the show and proving ground to showcase their talents.
So by this logic, every RAW and SmackDown guy that goes to the PC to train is also a part of NXT? :what?

-Its more experimental meaning that WWE uses it as a place to test out new ideas because you know, its developmental. Its also more forgiving because if a talent screws up you can get another gimmick or another chance. You know almost like its a place where people are still learning. Almost like a developmental?
This also happens all the time on the main roster house shows, what is the difference here?

-Your logic here makes no sense. You have no proof that the older wrestlers don't help the younger ones. My proof, Ohno is put against matches with younger more inexperienced in ring workers at house shows, almost as if to help them learn from one of the best in ring performers of all time. Come on man, you're telling me they have a wealth of veteran talent there and they choose not to have them teach the younger ones. WTF? And Liv is shit because one, she is still a rookie or two maybe she just isn't good at wrestling. Nothing to do with her having the best teachers and coaches
Plenty of threads on this section way before you joined the forum stated that none of the veterans help the PC guys, look no further than the main event scene right now, tell me who is a PC kid fighting for the title? Also the last line is exactly why NXT and its fanbase have become toxic and why I no longer like the show. If someone doesn't woo the hardcore fans with 5 stars match every time they're out there they're automatically shit therefore they must be fired.

Do you even read and see what you type? This all screams trying to find excuses and grasping at straws :mj4

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts

So by this logic, every RAW and SmackDown guy that goes to the PC to train is also a part of NXT? :what?

This also happens all the time on the main roster house shows, what is the difference here?

Plenty of threads on this section way before you joined the forum stated that none of the veterans help the PC guys, look no further than the main event scene right now, tell me who is a PC kid fighting for the title? Also the last line is exactly why NXT and its fanbase have become toxic and why I no longer like the show. If someone doesn't woo the hardcore fans with 5 stars match every time they're out there they're automatically shit therefore they must be fired.

Do you even read and see what you type? This all screams trying to find excuses and grasping at straws :mj4
No mate. I have no idea how you made that comparison. Firstly, I'm not even sure that main roster guys train at the PC. And even if they do, its obvious they aren't part of the developmental league. But the fact remains almost every wrestler training in the PC is developing their skills to showcase in NXT. Mate you're obviously grasping at straws here. The Performance Center and NXT are obviously heavily connected. Saying that therefore any main roster member who trains at the PC is part of NXT(if they are) is a very weird conclusion to arrive at nor is it relevent to the discussion whether NXT is developmental.

-The difference here is that NXT is a TV show yet they are treating it very experimentally. If NXT were truely non-developmental and purely a third-brand, they would treat it like Raw and Smackdown but they don't. Its considered a lesser brand that they try experimental gimmicks, presentaions, and try new wrestlers and see how it works before moving it up to the main roster. If that doesn't scream developmental to you I don't know what does.

-Mate, just because these wrestlers aren't competing for the main title does not mean they are not developing. Oh My God the amount of people who think this is astoinding. There are plenty of people learning and developing behind the scenes and there are plenty of amazing PC guys that actually got put on the show and impressed. Hell, whats funny is midcard NXT talent from the PC tend to actually gain more success on the main roster like Corbin, Bliss, Rawley possibly even Samson.

-Oh yeah people shitting on devlopmental talent is honestly shitty but isn't relevent. And honestly, most people recognize that this guys are terrible now but will get better in the future. I'm gonna shit on Liv because out of all the women on the NXT main womens roster, she is probably the worst. Does not mean she won't get better. Its not like people are condemning these people for the rest of their career. Look at Samson, rightfully hated becaus ehe was shit first, now because after improving himself the man actually has a following.

It feels like you're the one grasping at straws here mate. I mean come on, how can you honestly claim that if NXT and the PC are connected under the same developmental league, it means that every main roster talent that goes to train at the PC is part of NXT. That is what i call laughable.

-So I was expecting more, but is this really all you got? And you call someone out for grasping at straws.

Reactions: JustAName

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
keep your NXT/PC bashings to yourself and keep off this post that has nothing to do with it

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now back on topic it looks like dan Martha could carry the looks

·
Registered
17,523 Posts

No mate. I have no idea how you made that comparison. Firstly, I'm not even sure that main roster guys train at the PC. And even if they do, its obvious they aren't part of the developmental league. But the fact remains almost every wrestler training in the PC is developing their skills to showcase in NXT. Mate you're obviously grasping at straws here. The Performance Center and NXT are obviously heavily connected. Saying that therefore any main roster member who trains at the PC is part of NXT(if they are) is a very weird conclusion to arrive at nor is it relevent to the discussion whether NXT is developmental.

-The difference here is that NXT is a TV show yet they are treating it very experimentally. If NXT were truely non-developmental and purely a third-brand, they would treat it like Raw and Smackdown but they don't. Its considered a lesser brand that they try experimental gimmicks, presentaions, and try new wrestlers and see how it works before moving it up to the main roster. If that doesn't scream developmental to you I don't know what does.

-Mate, just because these wrestlers aren't competing for the main title does not mean they are not developing. Oh My God the amount of people who think this is astoinding. There are plenty of people learning and developing behind the scenes and there are plenty of amazing PC guys that actually got put on the show and impressed. Hell, whats funny is midcard NXT talent from the PC tend to actually gain more success on the main roster like Corbin, Bliss, Rawley possibly even Samson.

-Oh yeah people shitting on devlopmental talent is honestly shitty but isn't relevent. And honestly, most people recognize that this guys are terrible now but will get better in the future. I'm gonna shit on Liv because out of all the women on the NXT main womens roster, she is probably the worst. Does not mean she won't get better. Its not like people are condemning these people for the rest of their career. Look at Samson, rightfully hated becaus ehe was shit first, now because after improving himself the man actually has a following.

It feels like you're the one grasping at straws here mate. I mean come on, how can you honestly claim that if NXT and the PC are connected under the same developmental league, it means that every main roster talent that goes to train at the PC is part of NXT. That is what i call laughable.

-So I was expecting more, but is this really all you got? And you call someone out for grasping at straws.
Tbf a lot of the main roster do go to the performance center to work on promo work and train. Especially those rehabbing injuries. The women in particular (their twitter's will show you this) spend a fair amount of time in the PC. I'd also sat NXT counts as a third brand. With developmental being the house shows NXT puts on.

Seems to me it goes Performance Center, NXT House shows, NXT then Raw or Smackdown. With main roster house shows being a tryout for potential NXT call ups.

As for the Leviathan gimmick, it worked with the whole Disciples of Synn angle. But not sure it would have legs as a solo gimmick.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
I'm interested to see how they redebut him after Samoa Joe demolished him. Do they recall that? Do they ignore it?

Otherwise, the appeal for him is because he's big. Nothing else.

·
The Final Kid
3,397 Posts
I'm interested to see how they redebut him after Samoa Joe demolished him. Do they recall that? Do they ignore it?
I totally forgot about him getting sqaushed by Joe. After weeks of vignettes, dude couldn't even wrestle a match because they had to "sacrifice" him for Samoa's fatass :mj4

I still think they should send him to SmackDown. Do just a few NXT house shows and see what happens imo.

·
Banned
6,709 Posts

Otherwise, the appeal for him is because he's big. Nothing else.
Exactly. I like the fact that he is athletic and has great size, but that's it. His look is still generic and he can't wrestle at all. Sometimes you can tell when someone is just not worth the time. I realize that it's Developmental, but they can't develop this guy. Yes, NXT is a Developmental program. Just because it has PPV's doesn't mean they aren't developing talent, trying new ideas, or preparing talent for the main roster. That's the whole point. Prepare the talent to make it to the main roster, but first they must show what they've got on NXT's show and PPV.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts