Wrestling Forum banner

Major Spoiler For This Week's SD! Tapings

8226 Views 77 Replies 55 Participants Last post by  Prospekt's March
Former Nexus leader and presently The Corre's member, Wade Barrett has been crowned as the new IC Champion after he defeated Kofi Kingston in this week's SD! tapings! Atlast, WWE has made some sense. I thought that WWE will soon make Barrett follow Swagger's and Sheamus' footsteps.

This is how they built the Miz and that is why he is what he is today - a great heel. Hope they do good with Barrett!
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Lucy Snorebush
2,155 Posts
Re: *Spoilers* Here Is Our New IC Champion!

You put *spoilers* in the title then write "our new IC champion" in the thread title..

Question the power of your brain please.

· Registered
7,766 Posts

John-Morrison™;9484208 said:
Hey! I didnt write Barrett's name atleast! :p
no, but you did spoil the fact that:

1. there's a IC title match on SD and 2. the title changed hands

· Registered
819 Posts
That's great to hear! I'm glad the WWE are actually doing something right for once. Putting the belt on the leader of a dominant faction makes the belt actually look credible. And I'm sure the gold looks good on Wade. This is great for him, and the WWE.

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,308 Posts

fpalm

Glad he got the title

if kofi gets fired im going ape shit

and your dumb for the title of this.

end
Get over it, your a bigger idiot.

Also good on Barrett for winning the title, hopefully this leads to a match at Mania with him and Kofi and not just the big Corre match which was rumoured.

· Registered
918 Posts
Should have given Ezekiel Jackson the title instead of Barrett. Though if Barrett turns around and hands the IC title to Ezekiel in a show of "equality" after, say, winning MITB, that would be great.

The Corre now holds two out of a possible three titles on Smackdown, but unfortunately they're the two no one gives a rat's ass about.

Honestly, though, if I could rewrite history, I would have completely swapped Del Rio and Barrett's spots. Del Rio winning the IC title now and Barrett facing Edge for the WHC.

I think the Corre match is still more likely than just Barrett/Kofi for the IC title at WrestleMania, since there's now a reason for Kofi to join Big Show and Kane on a four-man team. Just add a fourth teammate and it's done.

· Registered
7,244 Posts
he should be ME mania vs cena. this hardly does anything for him.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,499 Posts
I'm seeing similarities between Sheamus and Barrett right now...except Sheamus is already a two time WWE Champion. It's probably ther ight thing to do, Barrett has lost a ton of momentum since coming to Smackdown so they should slowly build him back up from the start again. I like the title change, Kofi wasn't doing anything with it...or they werent doing anything with Kofi, either way. Barrett might bring a bit of attention back to the IC title.

· #OVER
20,482 Posts
Congratulations to Wade for winning the "You're not getting a push anytime soon" Title. This really makes up for the fact they never gave him the WWE Title when he was the top heel in the company.

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hope they build him nicely. But the main question is that, how will he fare as a IC Champion? Will he be a success? Or will the WWE again make the title just look like a prop? I think this title needs some limelight and Barrett is a good one to do it.

· GOAT
4,573 Posts
Not sure what to think. I'm glad my current favourite has won gold, but in my opinion he should be either the current or former WWE Champion, such is the extent that WWE dropped the ball on that angle.

Still, that could have went either way, he could have been either one of the best champs in recent memory, or faded into obscurity to the same degree as Sheamus/Thwagger

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.