Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new wrestling promotion is starting up out of Florida. The promotion, which has quietly been putting together a business plan, is said to have major financial backing. The new promotion is already signing wrestlers up, and along with the contracts, are having them sign confidentiality agreements.

There is no name known for the promotion at this time, but it is known that they will not actively do anything until the fall. A full promotional launch is expected at the beginning of 2011, As of this time, there is no information of TV deals or TV tapings.

Businessman Peter Karoftis is said to be the main backer for the promotion. Karoftis previously worked with Sterling Equities, which is a New York-based investment firm that owns The New York Mets organization, the SNY cable network, and several real estate and investment companies. Karoftis, along with Florida independent wrestler Sean Davis are said to be the core of the company right now.

Also working with the company are Kevin Kleinrock (Viva La Lucha, Wrestling Society X), Cody Michaels (WSX, XPW) and Mister Saint Laurent (longtime Florida promoter). Kleinrock will be working production, while it is expected that Laurent will work on the creative end. Laurent has previously promoted the "I Believe In Wrestling" company, and there may be a crossover between the new company and the "I Believe In Wrestling" talent and wrestling school.

As of this time, the only confirmed name to sign with the company is Sean Waltman. Many wrestlers asked about the company have declined comment, due to the confidentiality agreements.
source: ewrestlingnews.com

·
Registered
945 Posts
We've heard these stories so many times before. Most of the time they dont even get off the ground and when they do they are so atrocious that they dont even make air for a full season. I'll believe it when I see it.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
None of these promotions ever show any creativity. These guys will just book Billy Gunn vs. Ricky Ortiz in a hardcore match and expect people to give a shit.

WSX did a decent job of creating a unique identity but being based on the West Coast was a big help to them. A Florida-based version would be a pile of bollocks. Talk about saturation.

·
Registered
957 Posts
So this makes TNA the #2 promotion in Florida?
How? They haven't even announced talent for this new promotion. Also considering what it takes to make a major fed, unless this company is going to have a major advertising strategy, then they won't have any draws. Most of the talent is with ROH, and most of the star power is with WWE and TNA.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Hmmm, I guess it can't hurt having another wrestling company join the fray. Let's how it comes through and they have a clear vision of what they want to achieve.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Nothing says major wrestling company like Kevin Kleinrock and Cody Michaels. As of right now it's just a obscure independent promotion about to get started in Florida with Sean Waltman and Scott Hall probably one of them as the first champions who are just there to collect a paycheck. We'll see if they'll have some great matches there or last a long time or if this will be the last news story we'll ever hear about this company.

·
Registered
551 Posts
there is more than enough room for a well run 2nd national pro-wrestling promotion. Key phrase however is 'well-run". Give Gabe and Paul Heyman some cash and see what they would script- then you might have a real concept that could be worth watching and following

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I'm sure we will be seeing names like Disco Inferno, Sid Vicious and Buff Bagwell signed in the coming weeks.
Wait until Hogan and Bischoff's contracts are up (apparently October 2010), I'm sure they'd love to fuck up another company, regardless of what it is. Plus, you'd get another NWO revival if Hall and Waltman are involved.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts