Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
All I have to say about last night's episode is Contra. They're very exciting. Not often do we see heels actually generate heat for heel tactics anymore.
Hey I saw the show and its awesome ..it had genuine heel heat ..it reminded
me of some 80's wrestling with more serious stuff and less comedic stuff like you see today, or the garbage on Monday. overall I think this show personally is outperforming even Impact Wrestling definitely raw and I think is now my number two favorite show to see on the week... I wonder though, for example how are guys like mjf allowed to be there since there with aew or am I missing ?something although don't get me wrong I don't mind I'm just asking

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,373 Posts
All I have to say about last night's episode is Contra. They're very exciting. Not often do we see heels actually generate heat for heel tactics anymore.
Hey I saw the show and its awesome ..it had genuine heel heat ..it reminded
me of some 80's wrestling with more serious stuff and less comedic stuff like you see today, or the garbage on Monday. overall I think this show personally is outperforming even Impact Wrestling definitely raw and I think is now my number two favorite show to see on the week... I wonder though, for example how are guys like mjf allowed to be there since there with aew or am I missing ?something although don't get me wrong I don't mind I'm just asking
I think they must have some talent share agreement or something in place. Havoc also appears on mlw a fair bit

·
Registered
23,418 Posts
Don't know for sure but you would have to assume once AEW starts weekly TV, guys like Havoc and MFJ working in places like MLW will probably end unless they establish a working relationship with MLW.

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
Don't know for sure but you would have to assume once AEW starts weekly TV, guys like Havoc and MFJ working in places like MLW will probably end unless they establish a working relationship with MLW.
That's what I think. They may have to then work with Impact

·
Registered
375 Posts
Cornette is working wonder at mlw. MJF best heel in all of wrestling. Contra Unit has to be up there heel wise.

MJF been getting so much love lately because of his character work, but I haven’t wanted someone to get their ass kicked as bad as I did during the main event on mlw this week

I legitimately hate these guys, and I am usually a heel apologist. I love MJF, probably my favourite heel in wrestling. Contra Unit I hate them and I usually respect that, but not with this trio, I want them all to get their ass kicked. In today’s wrestling this is unusual. Bring contra Unit to aew.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Re: Contra Unit Appreciation

Give me a Jericho faction vs The Elite vs The Nightmare Family vs Contra Unit in all out faction wars and i’ll be a fan for life

Jacob Fatu is the monster they need and I’d love to see him have a really long run with the AEW title if he comes over.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Is Fatu’s contract expiring? I just started watching MLW and they made me care about Lawlor and the Von Erich’s in one incounter. They are so savage and brutal, they have no redeeming qualities. AEW needs to get Contra Unit or mimic it cause it is great

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
This IS a heel stable. Fatu and company are def not joke characters. I saw the recent episode on mlw and man at the end there was a lot of chaos I recommend if you haven't seen it guys give it a look

Give me a Jericho faction vs The Elite vs The Nightmare Family vs Contra Unit in all out faction wars and i’ll be a fan for life

Jacob Fatu is the monster they need and I’d love to see him have a really long run with the AEW title if he comes over.
Contra in AEW would be nice. But I do enjoy what mlw is doing with them Btw love how MLW keeps the characters not so comedic. Its old school vibe is nice.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Simon Gotch fan interaction before that match was awesome. The von Erich’s saving each other from the brutalization was epic, I sense chaos and fear through out. I think everyone should watch this match, it was cool

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
Simon Gotch fan interaction before that match was awesome. The von Erich’s saving each other from the brutalization was epic, I sense chaos and fear through out. I think everyone should watch this match, it was cool
I agree that video should have more hits

·
Registered
11,464 Posts

LMAO these dudes are awesome. Shanked a guy, shot FIRE at his partner, and then did a moonsault on the guy who got shanked whilst being carried away on a stretcher. And then started a riot to finish off the fuckery.
Craziest thing to me is it seems like Fatu recognizes mid-air on the second moonsault at 2:20 that he would land knee first on the guy's face, who rolled out away after the first one, so spreads his leg out just before impact to miss it.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,248 Posts

I caught MLW on TV last week but I don't remember the time or channel. It was on after WOS. Since then I've been diving into their stuff and loving every second. Contra is sick and Jacob Fatu looks like he's going to be a megastar wherever he ends up.

·
Registered
23,418 Posts

It's been said before, but Fatu's going to be a huge star somewhere. Won't be long I imagine until WWE or AEW scoops him up.

And because of him, his faction has this true "destructive force" vibe behind them that's hard to capture in modern wrestling.

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts

I'm digging this team Contra Unit.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The thing about contra is they couldn’t be face it wouldn’t work. They are made to be hated, I love how violent they are. I can’t wait to see wait to keep watching where this all goes....

·
Registered
375 Posts
Another great episode three, out standing shows in a row. Austin Aries is a welcomed addition. Contra contra and contra. Next weeks match is gonna be great. I don’t know if father needs the title.

161 - 180 of 433 Posts