Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
WAIT. Are you saying the brothers leaving MLW is an angle, or are you saying them working for AEW is an angle?
They are working non-exclusive contracts or per-appearance deals for these companies:
Impact
MLW
AEW
AAA
CMLL

While they are still under contract to Lucha Underground, who technically has exclusive control over them but allows them to appear for the above promotions, they cannot sign an exclusive deal anywhere. So they're trying to appear for as many big promotions as they can in the interim.

If Lucha Underground returns for season 5, then it will be the status quo for another year. After season 5 the Lucha Brothers can opt out and sign anywhere.

If Lucha Underground is cancelled in the near future, however, all contracts are voided and the Lucha Brothers could sign anywhere they wanted immediately.

It is widely expected that they will sign with one of the major players when they can (AEW, WWE, or the combination of CMLL/ROH/NJPW) because right now they'd be totally screwed if they got seriously hurt. Fenix's recent scare is a perfect example.

I believe they will sign exclusively with AEW, as they agreed to stop taking indie bookings when they signed their non-exclusive AEW deals. They will still honor any indie bookings they have already taken but after that, they will only appear for LU/AEW/MLW/Impact/AAA/CMLL.

·
Do they have Krusty's Partially Gelatinated, Non-D
2,460 Posts
I watched my first MLW show recently. MLW fushion, Teddy Hart vs MJF and it was fucking awesome. This company had such a cool unique feel to it, and I can see myself watching more in the future.

Swann vs Ace Austin was great, with Swann completely snapping afterwards. Second match was a simple squash, with a 30 pound guy trying to beat a bigger wrestler.

Main event was Great. Teddy Hart’s entrance theme was awesome, and he is just simply pretty cool. He has no bounds on swearing, which is great. Guy is a lunatic. Anyway, great match, Teddy wins clean and gets beat down and has his ribs broken back stage. I will be watching the next episode!

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have been watching Mlw for some time now and I am all caught up on the roster etc. I think that Salina has all the makings of being a great Heel manager, she strikes me as having a vicious side to her personality and is effective as the mouthpiece for Low Ki, If she returns to the ring I think the big match for her would be against Katrina of Lucha Underground fame.

The Hart Foundation have been another draw for me, it is good to see Teddy Hart wrestling and staying away from any nonsense, I wish him the best and enjoyed his match with MJF.

Tom Lawlor for his experience is a pretty effective wrestler, yet another modern day MMA fighter that seems to be adjusting to Professional Wrestling

·
I'm Just A Sick Guy.
1,884 Posts
Just watched MLW intimidation games, loved the Lucha Bros; and the fun main event from Lawlor and Low Ki. This product deserves more hype as well as more people watching it. Lawlor's developed so well over the last year, the guy's getting better all the time. MJF's a natural heel, he kinda reminds me of Miz. Cornette's a real asset to MLW and a true difference maker to their product and the presentation of it. The guy hasn't missed a beat on commentary. That was a wise hire, I know he pisses some people off but his knowledge of wrestling is a valuable asset to any company brave enough to hire him. Jim's traditional perception of wrestling shouldn't be lost to the industry; since the oldschool value in what he can teach can't be taught from many other places. You guys should check MLW out, real fun show.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Fans throwing garbage in to the ring at 28:00 minute mark. Reminded me of the WCW days.
Jacob Fatu & Josef Samael are getting great heatm in their debut on MLW fusion after their intimidation games segment.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,373 Posts
Annoyed that I have never found this promotion. Giving it a look over the next week. Any shows I should watch?

Sad to tell you, man but...they didn't tape it...it was a live event show only from the looks of it. :vincecry
Ffs I would want to see that

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Cornette has been brilliant on the call since showing up. Glad to hear he will be doing more with them.

Jacob Fatu is a fucking freak. Never seen such an obvious star like that since Velveteen Dream. I can see WWE or AEW vying for his services very soon. MLW should run with him while they can.

Mance Warner is an outstanding personality. MJF and Richard Holiday have been impressing the fuck out of me too. There's star potential somewhere there in Holiday.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nearly finished watching the shows on Fite Tv, I am really enjoying watching MLW,with Dean Ambrose leaving WWE,not interested in watching it any more, so cancelled my WWE network, and stick to watching MLW and Impact,and wait and see where Dean turns up!
I never thought I would like a Hart,But I do love Teddy!!

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Nearly finished watching the shows on Fite Tv, I am really enjoying watching MLW,with Dean Ambrose leaving WWE,not interested in watching it any more, so cancelled my WWE network, and stick to watching MLW and Impact,and wait and see where Dean turns up!
I never thought I would like a Hart,But I do love Teddy!!
AEW is looking to be good too

·
Registered
606 Posts
MLW has entered into an agreement to broadcast its flagship weekly hour-long program MLW Fusion and special events nationally across the UK and Ireland on FreeSports, the most widely available sports channel in the country. Starting next week, FUSION will air every Monday at 10pm on FreeSports. FreeSports is available on Freeview HD channel 64, Sky channel 422, Virgin 553, FreeSat 252, TalkTalk 64 and BT Vision channel 64. FreeSports is available in Ireland on Sky channel 429.
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/04/mlw-battle-riot-2019-full-event-652995/

·
Registered
23,418 Posts

Pretty fun show.

This Jacob Fatu looks like wrestling’s next big star. He’s like Umaga but even more athletic and can talk. I will be amazed if WWE or AEW don’t scoop him up in the coming years.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts

Pretty fun show.

This Jacob Fatu looks like wrestling’s next big star. He’s like Umaga but even more athletic and can talk. I will be amazed if WWE or AEW don’t scoop him up in the coming years.
Yeah, Jacob Fatu is money and is going to end up in one of those two places.

101 - 120 of 433 Posts