Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 473 Posts

·
Le Champion
18,734 Posts
Tag Title match was a complete mess and the main event was way too short. Not very good unfortunately.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Tag Title match was a complete mess and the main event was way too short. Not very good unfortunately.
Those were my thoughts also.

Had to add, Teddy Hart is great at trolling people. That segment with MJF and licking the champagne off his title while he goes back to AEW. It's at the 42 minute mark:laugh:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Watched their Super Fight show. Had a great venue with the 2300 arena (I think that's where they were?).

Pentagon/Fenix vs. Teddy/Davey was a really fun spot fest. And that finish of a Doomsday Device into a Canadian Destroyer. Damn. Now that's how you finish a match.

I don't know enough about MLW's stories or Tom Lawlor to know why the main event went 5 minutes. So yeah, not much to comment on that one.
Don't get me wrong the tag match eventually finished really well, probably the highlight of the event.

To catch you up with Lawlor.. Hes been after Low Ki for months,they've been hyping this main event forever! (a fight 7 months in the making!) ect.

Low ki undefeated since joining MLW back in 03 or something... then they clearly ran out of broadcast time and rushed it, such a shame to end it that way.

Although the commentators kept saying that 'Bein sports are willing to stick this one out even if we run over time'

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Sounds like Pentagon and Fenix are done with MLW despite all the talk that they were going to stick around while their Lucha Underground status is determined.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I went to Superfight. Most in the crowd seemed like they don't watch MLW weekly. Lots of people were surprised the main event was so fast despite it being recorded live (again crowd didn't know the first hour was live). I watch the show weekly so I was explaining to several people the whole Kotto and Martinez storyline. Teddy Hart was over like you wouldn't believe. He wrestled another match in the last match of the evening and when it was announced the crowd went crazy.

·
HEADBANGA
22,480 Posts
I don't get what Court sees in Tom Lawler. He physique isn't the best, matches aren't the best, and his promos are meh. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
They did have Matt Riddle originally, then we all know where happened there. Lawlor fills the void for that. For lack of a better term in how I try to put him over, despite it not sounding as such.

Reactions: Donnie

·
Registered
11,629 Posts
Mlw announced Lucha Bros will be at the next event . Fans took the leaving angle a little too serious and news sites was actually reporting it as something real. I knew it was an angle because it was so obvious but I guess they realized the angle was hurting ticket sales and their image.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Mlw announced Lucha Bros will be at the next event . Fans took the leaving angle a little too serious and news sites was actually reporting it as something real. I knew it was an angle because it was so obvious but I guess they realized the angle was hurting ticket sales and their image.
WAIT. Are you saying the brothers leaving MLW is an angle, or are you saying them working for AEW is an angle?

81 - 100 of 473 Posts