Wrestling Forum banner

581 - 600 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
11,800 Posts
PWInsider had an update on more upcoming booking plans for MLW. Per the report, the plan moving forward is for a feud between the Injustice and CONTRA Unit stables.

Additionally, former middleweight champion Myron Reed is going to be repackaged and receive a large push in the coming months. Lio Rush defeated Reed on Fusion this week to capture the Middleweight Championship.

Also, PWInsider noted that a decision was made for MLW to roll back a hard push on last night’s Kings of Colosseum event due to the chaos occurring in Washington, DC. The episode is currently available on MLW’s YouTube channel.

Credit: Pwinsider

·
Registered
25,616 Posts
I watched their Kings of Coliseum show yesterday.

The Von Erichs tag match was nothing. It lasted 3 minutes with minimal brawling.

The Reed vs. Rush match was easily MOTN. A little sloppy in parts, but had this been in front of a crowd I think they would have gotten some good reactions, especially for spots like the Cutter to the outside. I'm also not surprised to hear in the post above me that apparently Reed being repackaged and pushed, probably as a face. That certainly seemed like the direction they were headed after his match. Though it was weird because Injustice, last time I saw them months ago, were still a pretty big heel stable. Also, didn't they used to have a 3rd guy?

Hammerstone vs. Krueger was fine as a big man match though a non ending was weird. Hammerstone, as much as I want to see MLW thrive, feels like a guy who is inevitably going to be in NXT or AEW.

·
Registered
11,800 Posts
I've listen to Court and Savio Vega on Konnan and Disco show. Some interesting details.

Court said Fatu and Hammerstone are locker room leaders. He said by not signing Rush(cmll),he was able to sign Fatu,Hammerstone, Holliday and Salina for years. I guess Rush was asking for an insane amount.

Vega said mlw taped 70 matches.

·
Registered
11,800 Posts
Mil Muertes vs LA Park,Fatu,Low Ki, Lio Rush and Laredo Kid are my dream MLW matches.

Was Septimo Dragon at the tapings? If so, what should MLW do with his matches?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
We know Mil Muertes' first victim, maybe a way to write him off:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Of course Fusion started with another damn squash match.

They taped like 80 matches so we're going to be watching squashes for months before we get new tapings.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
This was a bad episode. Sloppy, sloppy matches. Underwhelming debut for Mil.

The product is significantly worse right now than it was before the pandemic.

·
Registered
11,800 Posts
MLW.com can confirm Promociones Dorado is now a subsidiary of Azteca Underground, Inc., a California based company. However, details remain unclear beyond this.

Last summer, Konnan revealed that Salina de la Renta “owed a dangerous man a lot of money.” Did this figure into the acquisition?

This story is one with many questions and few answers, such as:

Who owns Azteca Underground?

What are his/her plans for Promociones Dorado?

What happens now that Salina has a boss?

MLW.com will continue to cover this breaking story.

Dario? Dorian? El Chapo? Disco Inferno?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
^Hopefully links into Lucha Underground with The Councilmen and a big boss. Wade Barrett was briefly hinted at end of Lucha Underground as the big boss and Jake Haeger was their world champion, can't see neither involved as Wade us NXT and Jake is AEW.

But, if they can have the owner of Azteca Underground be Salina's boss and tie it into the closing down of Lucha Underground, so story can be a fitting end to that as well as interesting way to introduce the characters to MLW, I'd be over the moon.

Shame AEW didn't try the story as they have Lucha Bros, Cage, Haeger, Luchasaurus, Thunder Rosa etc. So a few of the old LU roster but MLW can make it move if they keep it focused on the heels like Mil Muertes, Vampiro's Master and maybe even Re-cast King Cuerno and Matanza, with Matanza being more easier. Then, bring Dario in as a face with simple "Azteca Underground destroyed his Temple, he doesn't want the same happening to MLW," plus Dario can be MLWs GM post story, so win win.

·
Registered
11,800 Posts
It's a legal issue, Mil Muertes was the only wrestler given permission to used the gimmick outside lucha underground.
P.S. comedian Godfrey was also in that limo with Wade and Jake. I always found that funny.

What's next for Lio Rush? I hope Laredo Kid will get a shot next. That match would be crazy.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Much better episode than last week.

Mil Muertes looked a little bit sloppy but I don't mind, LA Park too but he's still too good for a 55 year old.
Jared St Laurent is a very good option as color commentator.

What I enjoy most about MLW is that they don't abandon their storylines and I also don't forget what happened in the past, it is very easy to watch and enjoy the shows.

Oh, Salina is great as always, I hope she sticks around for a long time.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Did the Parks really need to cheat so much to beat the Von Erichs. It took so much to beat them it felt like Fritz was still booking. I don't like Pillman so I wish Mil would have really kicked the crap out of him. I'd say this was the best episode since the return but still nothing particularly special.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I'm watching the January 2nd show and I'm really digging the Selena and Muertes stuff. I must be only 10 minutes into the show and I'm digging it.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
MLW has definitely lost its mojo, probably a mix of the pandemic and talents like MJF leaving.

If you go back and watch Saturday Night SuperFight from 2019, it looked like a promotion that could become the #3 group in America. Great show that felt pretty big time.

Lately though, the booking has been mediocre and the matches not too good. The last really good show was the one with DBS Jr. vs. Ki and ACH vs. Laredo Kid. Two of the last five shows have had crappy non-finishes in the main event, which is strange from a promotion of this size.

KoC was garbage (Lio vs. Myron was ok) and last week's was just there (Mil Muertes is cool though).

Tonight's show with Fatu vs. ACH and Gotch vs. Oliver looks decent on paper though.

P.S. Is it just me or is Ross holding Marshall von Erich back from becoming a big star? There's a yooooge talent gap between them.

·
Registered
25,616 Posts
Marshall definitely has more of a "look" in wrestling. He's bigger, taller, etc. Whereas Ross just looks plain. Though if I'm being honest if neither of them had the name "Von Erich" I don't know if I would notice either of them.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I thought Oliver and Gotch was fine. The main event went way too long for me, granted I'm not a big fan of Fatu or ACH but given the story they were telling Fatu shouldn't have had to work so hard to win. MLW is weird that the long term story arcs are interesting but the show itself really isn't.

581 - 600 of 615 Posts