Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 470 Posts

·
Le Champion
18,718 Posts
Teddy Hart has a ton of talent but he's so fuckin' weird these days. His promos are just so weird to me. He goes off on these random little tangents and he sounds so robotic when he talks. In ring he can do a ton of stuff but watching him often feels like watching a 12 year old play a wrestling video game. Just big move after big move with no rhyme or reason to anything.

Watched the War Games match last night. Not sure what to think. Parts of it was okay but I hated some parts of it
That's been Teddy Hart for his entire career. :lol

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
The promotion that gave me Jimmy Havoc vs Tom Lawlor in a Death Match with Tony Schiavone on commentary for it.

Perhaps the most surreal moment of 2018.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Gonna be sitting here waiting for the PCO vs Brody King rematch.

Ball is in your court, MLW.

·
Registered
24,483 Posts
Watched their War Games match and Pentagon vs. LA Park recently. Overall the show has some good production to it and a good collection of talent from places Impact, Mexico, LU, etc.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I wish I had the channel this airs on. I never remember to go back to Youtube for the next episode.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
And No DQ, to boot. Wonderful news.

·
Registered
613 Posts
So watched a few episodes on YouTube. Amazing how they offer free shows on YouTube and have a great roster. I am curious how they make money? I know they have a TV deal but what else provides them revenue. I feel like the show has good production value. Being one hour long it is enjoyable to watch.War games was awesome.

Just got news that Konnan is coming out of retirement to wrestle at MLW.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
this brand is doing great things it has a great name but fuck they need to rebrand that logo. The letters are tacky as fuck. They legit have some of the nicest designed wrestling belts in the business but then you have this ugly ass cheesy logo sitting in the middle of it.

With what they are doing now and just had a more professional look, I think this brand could take off.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
LA Park & PCO killing each other for ten minutes, doing topes & brutal apron spots like they're not 50 years old. Another coup for MLW.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Over the past couple of weeks I have watched the first 11 episodes and I'm HOOKED

The matches are great. Aries/ACH. Havoc/Strickland. The tag title 3 way. King/Strickland, all stand out in my mind.

Tom Lawlor is AMAZING. I've seen him fight and heard him on WOR with shitty Brian, but I never watched any of his work before this, and I'm mad at myself for that. He's a great promo, a really good worker and could easily be the face of the entire company. What a get for MLW.

Speaking of gets, motherfucking Low-Ki, who can suddenly talk and do it well :monkey If he doesn't burn this bridge to the ground like the 50 other ones, he'll be another perfect piece of MLW's puzzle.

MLW's roster 11 episodes in is actually insane and I sit there like :wow every time someone unexpected shows up. From Aires, to Brody King to BAD BOY. The list is endless and I can't wait to see who shows up next.

I love the presentation of the episodes and how multiple stories intertwin with one another and do so very well. For example, Jimmy Havoc walking backstage after his match with Shane accidently walking into Filthy and getting wreaked because of it, a logical start to a feud is always welcomed. "Blood on my uniform, God"

I do get annoyed when they show footage from matches we haven't see, like the street fight between Shane and Havoc on the first episode being shown in clips. I wanted to see the whole thing not clips. Also, the heel to face alignment is a little murky, like one week Joey is a heel and the next he's feuding with MJF because he had the sex in his locker room. Little things like that are pretty annoying, but it's not enough to hamper my enjoyment.

Hell, even Sami isn't enough to kill it for me, and bless his crappy heart he does try.

My ears somehow managed to bleed and yet find nirvana the moment I heard Tony on commentary. God bless that man.

Barrington Hughes is an interesting looking man, I wonder if he is the biggest wrestler going today? I did love him taking the bullet for Shane when the Death-Machines tried to collect the bounty. Friendship :proud

Col Parker is still alive and still living off Stone Cold's name. God Bless him as well. I LOVED him hitting on one of the 5 different backstage interviewers they have, leaving himself open to having his hat shit in. :lmao

Salina De La Renta is someone I was completely unfamiliar with and I've fell in love with after a couple of weeks. She's killer in every respect.

Lucha Bros rule. Nothing new here.

So yeah, MLW has a new fan in me and I'll be watching the rest and every show going forward.

·
Registered
808 Posts
The storylines are a little too basic and it's very easy to see what is going to happen next. The wrestling is very good. That's what keeps me watching.

·
Registered
24,483 Posts
The last full episode I watched was the WarGames one. Think I saw the Pentagon vs. LA Park match too.

I need to get back into the swing of things with this show but damn there is so much wrestling out there nowadays.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I noticed the show is kind of lacking in people who are heavier that can challenge for the heavyweight title. There are a lot of wrestlers in Low-Ki's weight and height class that are given shots for the heavy weight title. Yet they already have a middle weight belt and tons of wrestlers in that weight class. The few who are heavier or taller are not booked as threats.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
MLW? Is that the same promotion that died 15 years ago?

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
The latest Fusion editions from Fightland having a few matches I have to check out. Callihan vs Lawlor Street Fight & Ki vs Strickland II.

MLW? Is that the same promotion that died 15 years ago?
Yep; re-spawned.

·
Premium Member
3,543 Posts
beIN SPORTS To Air First Ever Live MLW FUSION Special On Friday Night December 14

http://wrestlingnews.co/mlw-news/bein-sports-to-air-first-ever-live-mlw-fusion-special-on-friday-night-december-14/

MLW issued the following press release, which is obviously huge news for the company:

beIN SPORTS TO AIR FIRST EVER LIVE MLW FUSION SPECIAL ON FRIDAY NIGHT DECEMBER 14TH

Miami event to be aired live on beIN SPORTS

MIAMI, FL – November 29, 2018 – On Friday night December 14th 8pm ET, Major League Wrestling will make history with its first ever live broadcast special taking place in Miami, Fla. to air on beIN SPORTS.

Viewers can expect the unexpected as MLW brings its brand of hybrid wrestling to live TV on beIN SPORTS featuring Tony Schiavone calling all the live pro wrestling action for the first time since 2001 on cable network television.

The night will feature a double main event as the leader of Los Ingobernables, Rush fights Rich Swann. The second main event will feature a high-intensity World Middleweight Championship ladder match with current World Middleweight Champion, MJF vs. Kotto Brazil vs. Dezmond Xavier vs. Andrew Everett vs. Jason Cade.

Preceding the main-event will be the CMLL Lightweight Champion, Dragon Lee vs. DJZ.

Fans who tune-in for MLW FUSION LIVE will also be treated to appearances throughout the star-studded special by World Heavyweight Champion Low Ki, “Filthy” Tom Lawlor, Salina de la Renta, the Hart Foundation, Tommy Dreamer and more.

Tickets to witness the event live in Miami start at $15 at MLWTickets.com. Tickets will also be available day of show at the box office.

General Public Doors Open: 6 p.m. with a bell time of: 7 p.m.

41 - 60 of 470 Posts