Wrestling Forum banner

561 - 580 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
12,903 Posts
I didn't get the ending. Lawlor was knocked out but his dead weight was enough to prevent Low-Ki from kicking out?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I didn't get the ending. Lawlor was knocked out but his dead weight was enough to prevent Low-Ki from kicking out?
Yeah, pretty goofy.

And we get yet another squash match. Poor quality production, too. I feel like the show looked and sounded a lot better pre-COVID.

·
Registered
25,616 Posts
Didnt know their big show woukd be on YouTube. I’ll definitely check it out at some point, probably tomorrow with NXT and AEW taking priority tonight.

·
Registered
11,800 Posts
Bad show
A match was postponed
Non finish to the main event
Rush vs Reed was good
No Mil Muertes
Daivari is in Contra, good pick up,underrated

Ach rank #7 vs Fatu for the title on January 20th

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Very disappointing show imo.

• Wasn't keen on the Gotch/Oliver match to begin with, but if it's being advertised, you need to deliver it.
  • Middleweight match was good.
  • Daiviri is whatever for me; always been pretty apathetic toward him.
  • Tag title match needed a bit more time for what it was.
  • I'd rather they had not even done the Hammerstone-Krugger match if they were going to end it like that.
  • Not a fan of someone coming off a loss (ACH) getting title shots.

MLW needs to be better

·
Registered
11,800 Posts
ACH should have won the Opera Cup to get the title shot.

Not sure what they are trying to accomplish with Krugger and Hammerstone? I assume for Hammerstone will beat him to get to Fatu BUT Hammerstone is already the number one contender. So, my theory doesn't make sense.

Mlw is odd because they have a decent roster but the show can really be bland at times.

·
Registered
902 Posts
ACH should have won the Opera Cup to get the title shot.

Not sure what they are trying to accomplish with Krugger and Hammerstone? I assume for Hammerstone will beat him to get to Fatu BUT Hammerstone is already the number one contender. So, my theory doesn't make sense.

Mlw is odd because they have a decent roster but the show can really be bland at times.
It seems like they want to keep Hammerstone away from Fatu for now but they need to be careful not to keep him away for too long. They did that to Lawlor before he finally got Low Ki in the ring.

Not an ACH fan. Not really a Fatu fan. I don't expect that much from the match.

The show was pretty meh. The Middleweight title match was good but it felt like Reed and Rush could do better. I think they will have a rematch.

Contra put their flag over Jordan Oliver. Could that have been him being written off the show? I hope not as I like Oliver and as he grows as a performer MLW is a great place to do that.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
They hyped that up as a PPV quality show. Instead we god a below average episode of Fusion.

I am sick to death of weekly squash matches. Didn't one of those tag title challengers get sent off in a body bag last episode?

What is the point of rankings if #7 gets a title shot? Why does Lio Rush get a title shot in his debut? Why are middleweights ranked for the heavyweight title?

Main event was a non-finish.

Simon Gotch vs Jordan Oliver didn't even happen. It probably would have sucked but why advertise it?

No Mil Muertes.

Next week's card looks way better than this one was.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I am sick to death of weekly squash matches. Didn't one of those tag title challengers get sent off in a body bag last episode?
Nah, that was a different guy, though they did have a guy on last week's show in a match after being put in a body bag the week before.

All I know is that the shows seem to be struggling to breathe most weeks; I know many are a fan of one hour shows (though the past couple have gone about 50 minutes for whatever reason), but a second hour would really help things to flesh out.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
They hyped that up as a PPV quality show. Instead we god a below average episode of Fusion.

What is the point of rankings if #7 gets a title shot? Why does Lio Rush get a title shot in his debut? Why are middleweights ranked for the heavyweight title?

Main event was a non-finish.

Simon Gotch vs Jordan Oliver didn't even happen. It probably would have sucked but why advertise it?

No Mil Muertes.

Next week's card looks way better than this one was.
I was expecting a PPV quality show after they hyped this up, and after 1 hour it was over with. I'm thinking this is the kind of return we have gotten from MLW. They've been probably one of the worst since coming back.

561 - 580 of 615 Posts