Wrestling Forum banner

381 - 400 of 467 Posts

·
Hiding in the shadows
1,101 Posts
I also believe he needs help, but I don't think it's what you think it is.

He is/was frustrated in life and work. Frustration leads to anger. Anger leads to lashing out. Lashing out leads to selfishness. Selfishness leads to alienation. That's where he's at now. He's "alone". He thought he had friends. He thought that everyone would have his back. And that's when the racism started. To any sane person, this is where you draw the line. Is he right? Is he wrong? That's up to your individual beliefs and understandings, but he went all out on everyone, not just a specific race or gender.

It's quite obvious at this point, that he'll never wrestle for any promotion in North America or Western Europe going forward.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I also believe he needs help, but I don't think it's what you think it is.

He is/was frustrated in life and work. Frustration leads to anger. Anger leads to lashing out. Lashing out leads to selfishness. Selfishness leads to alienation. That's where he's at now. He's "alone". He thought he had friends. He thought that everyone would have his back. And that's when the racism started. To any sane person, this is where you draw the line. Is he right? Is he wrong? That's up to your individual beliefs and understandings, but he went all out on everyone, not just a specific race or gender.

It's quite obvious at this point, that he'll never wrestle for any promotion in North America or Western Europe going forward.
This would be understandable for any normal person, but for someone who has his dream job, put in over 15 years of work to get to the biggest company in the world, and is as gifted athletically as he is, to just basically throw it all away and burn bridges with so many people and companies just because they didn't side with him on the racial issue (which is BS in its own right, he had tons of support, he just killed it all the more of a hole he dug for himself), how can anyone feel sorry for him after the rotten attitude he showed? The fact that he spent his birthday being angry and quitting his dream career because of internet idiots is laughable. I've never seen anything like it. He needs professional help.

·
Registered
11,619 Posts
No such thing as burning bridges in wrestling, konnan shitted on tna and aaa for years and now working for both companies AGAIN. Impact, Roh,mlw will keep bringing him back because he is talented.

·
Registered
22,630 Posts
No such thing as burning bridges in wrestling, konnan shitted on tna and aaa for years and now working for both companies AGAIN. Impact, Roh,mlw will keep bringing him back because he is talented.
That's true, but man folk are going to think twice before dealing with him. It's not like he pulled run of the mill wrestling asshole shit. He accused 2 major companies of being racist one over a shirt and the other over amount of black world champions. That's a level if controversy folk might not want to do with. At least the bigger promotions

·
Registered
11,830 Posts
Surprised they still aired the ACH stuff. I guess they only taped enough to fill the shows so had to. King Mo is so green. Injustice comes off too low level indie gimmick/presentation for me.

Pillman vs TJP is probably the best Pillman match I've seen. TJP is such a vet and so smooth in the ring - I actually think that hurts him in that he makes it look too easy and fails to connect in selling it's supposed to look like a fight and that he's in one. You could see Perkins leading Pillman though in spots, but that is what a veteran is supposed to do and he made Brian look very good. I dig the BPJ finisher as well.

·
Registered
11,619 Posts
Killer Kross is trash but Konnan loves him. He has a great look but not a good performer. He should be an enforcer for Pillman and do the hbk/diesel gimmick.

·
Hiding in the shadows
1,101 Posts
There is no mention in the press release of him being signed to a contract with MLW. Could he? Of course.

·
Registered
11,830 Posts
Not a good episode this week. The city wide brawl had some of the weakest offense you'll see outside of a creeper assault on Dustin. Holy hell is Davey Boy Smith Jr brutal in promo's - even after all these years. And I bet he's too set in his ways to ever take any direction. He needs a mouthpiece/manager in the worst way - would he accept one? Heand Low-Ki had a good match of course - he's very solid in ring. I'd strip him of the Bulldog stuff though, get him a manager and put him in black trunks and dark red boots and call him Harry Smith, only mention his lineage in passing rather than the centerpiece to his existance.

I don't know, I was high on MLW for a while, but now not so much. I don't know how the hell they get all the talent to come there and even keep them. Kross seems to be a one off but strange that is his first post Impact booking. Must be Konnan/AAA connection - but isn't that the relationship that got him trapped in Impact?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Not a good episode this week. The city wide brawl had some of the weakest offense you'll see outside of a creeper assault on Dustin. Holy hell is Davey Boy Smith Jr brutal in promo's - even after all these years. And I bet he's too set in his ways to ever take any direction. He needs a mouthpiece/manager in the worst way - would he accept one? Heand Low-Ki had a good match of course - he's very solid in ring. I'd strip him of the Bulldog stuff though, get him a manager and put him in black trunks and dark red boots and call him Harry Smith, only mention his lineage in passing rather than the centerpiece to his existance.

I don't know, I was high on MLW for a while, but now not so much. I don't know how the hell they get all the talent to come there and even keep them. Kross seems to be a one off but strange that is his first post Impact booking. Must be Konnan/AAA connection - but isn't that the relationship that got him trapped in Impact?
What do you think the show/product is missing?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I had pointed out a similar thing about MLW in AEW thread, can't quite put my finger on it. They were going so strong when they came back, but something just seems off with them of late.
Haven't watched Fusion in a while, but I saw the PPV last month and thought it was really good. Better than Full Gear the following week for me. Their roster seems really good too, even without the help of AAA, Crash, and Noah. I'm curious as to why their TV show isn't receiving better feedback despite all their growth.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Haven't watched Fusion in a while, but I saw the PPV last month and thought it was really good. Better than Full Gear the following week for me. Their roster seems really good too, even without the help of AAA, Crash, and Noah. I'm curious as to why their TV show isn't receiving better feedback despite all their growth.
I have to check out the PPV, as I was going to order it and never got a chance to as a family thing had come up. Has word come out yet if their first PPV was a success?

I feel like they have a ton of talent, even at times some can say even better than Impact and AEW depending on how you are looking at it. As I watch their TV show from week to week, something feels disjointed to me about it lately. I am about 2 weeks behind, so I do need to get caught up. Just like my rant with the NWA season 1 where 45 minutes per episode was not enough, MLW can definitely use more than 1 hour a week due to their roster size.

I do think the introduction of the Opera Cup tournament was quite cool.

·
Premium Member
44,020 Posts
Fusion 89 was the best episode I've seen in a while. I loved the MJF/Hammerstone match as that was a fun way to do a heel vs. heel match, and it was nice to see a blindfold match kinda sorta work in 2019.

Still need to see F90.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I really want to get back into MLW, but I've just lost the urge. I'm glad they're getting a new TV deal though. I hope it is bigger than POP TV, but any direction forward is good, I suppose. Honestly, I'd be happy if they got a spot on something like Paramount. Just take a chance, sink some money in, and give it a proper go.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
The rumor of Showtime being interested in MLW has me optimistic. Beyond the obvious exposure, hopefully it comes with the money to snag up some free agents.

381 - 400 of 467 Posts