Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 468 Posts

·
The Whole Shebang
970 Posts
I really dig MLW, but there are some annoyances in their booking that continue to frustrate me.

They have a monthly Top 10 Ranking which Tom Lawlor has been atop for three months in a row, yet he is only going to get an eventual title shot because he won Battle Riot. Names end up on the Top 10 List that haven't even appeared on TV before then and guys get #1 Contender matches regardless of their ranking.

There was no build at all to crowning Tag Team and Middleweight champions. I thought they had made mention of a tag tournament, but ended up being just a (albeit fun) three way match to determine champs. And I am not one to care about having a title for smaller guys and still have some of them fight for the Heavyweight belt, but all but maybe 3-4 members of the roster are smaller than heavyweight and the champs like Strickland and Low Ki are certainly not heavyweights. Just very odd that a Middleweight title is what they went with. And again, it is just randomly MJF vs Joey Ryan for it.

·
THE CORPOLUTIONSTRY
1,994 Posts
MLW has some of the best post-production in wrestling. Their VTR, commentary, graphics, etc are all top-notch, much better than WWE.

And then the show starts, and I lose a lot of interest. The lower card talent is pretty rough, and the venue it's shot in is equally shoddy. The main-event talent are great, but there's a HUGE gulf between them and the rest of the card.

I hope they do well, because they clearly understand modern combat sports better than basically anyone in the American wrestling scene right now. But man, I just can't deal with the venue and the lower card talent right now. I hope they get picked up somewhere and get a cash injection that lets them book a nicer venue and a few cool tag teams or something to fill out the card.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
MLW has some of the best post-production in wrestling. Their VTR, commentary, graphics, etc are all top-notch, much better than WWE.

And then the show starts, and I lose a lot of interest. The lower card talent is pretty rough, and the venue it's shot in is equally shoddy. The main-event talent are great, but there's a HUGE gulf between them and the rest of the card.

I hope they do well, because they clearly understand modern combat sports better than basically anyone in the American wrestling scene right now. But man, I just can't deal with the venue and the lower card talent right now. I hope they get picked up somewhere and get a cash injection that lets them book a nicer venue and a few cool tag teams or something to fill out the card.
Completely agree. The top of the card especially feels cool with all the stable and the gang war aspect.
But then you get to the mid/low card and it just looks like out of a wrestling school with no skills and no personalities.
There's ACH and Rich Swann in tag team action next week tho so it should be better.

·
JANUARY 5TH
4,105 Posts

^ latest show. This was the first one I've watched from MLW and have one question. How the hell they get away with using names like ''Hart Foundation'' and ''War Games''?

·
Le Champion
18,718 Posts

^ latest show. This was the first one I've watched from MLW and have one question. How the hell they get away with using names like ''Hart Foundation'' and ''War Games''?
Not sure about Hart Foundation but I believe I read something about how they had the rights to use War Games because they ran the match in the first installment of MLW years ago after WCW went under.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know I am a bit behind but I just finished the Battle Riot and I enjoyed that show a lot. The Riot itself being the obvious match of the night. Lawlor's build in it was real good.

Lots of talented workers in MLW so I am going to make more of an effort to watch it regularly.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Major League Wrestling

Can anybody tell me if MLW is even worth following on YouTube? I see their roster and it's pretty solid. Any good storylines? Good match quality? And do they also post their events like wargames on their YouTube channel?

·
The Whole Shebang
970 Posts
Re: Major League Wrestling

There is already an MLW thread a bit down the page.

But to answer your question, it is very much worth following. As you mentioned they have a great roster, and their storylines are decent enough. All in all it is a very fun product that I look forward to watching each and every week.

War Games is a TV taping. The War Games match itself will be shown on this week's episode. The rest of the card will be shown on the TV show over the next few weeks.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,676 Posts
Damn Teddy Hart can go
I thought that to, the match against john ' to many names to count' was good solid, he's took some shit out in the past give it out to, nice to see seem as if he's keeping his head down, I'm from the U.K. I saw it on YouTube the other day, I thought I'd give a look wasn't too bad, was puzzled with Jimmy havoc he's a sweet inring performer too being there hopefully he knocks Sami ' the draw' Callahan out in war games after turning on him , ' what ya drinking Jimmy Stella? Was a bit cringe lol

Peace.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Teddy Hart has a ton of talent but he's so fuckin' weird these days. His promos are just so weird to me. He goes off on these random little tangents and he sounds so robotic when he talks. In ring he can do a ton of stuff but watching him often feels like watching a 12 year old play a wrestling video game. Just big move after big move with no rhyme or reason to anything.

Watched the War Games match last night. Not sure what to think. Parts of it was okay but I hated some parts of it

21 - 40 of 468 Posts