Wrestling Forum banner

301 - 320 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
SuperFight PPV is looking pretty good and for $19.99 you can't go wrong with this card.

No Disqualification World Heavyweight Title Fight
Jacob Fatu (c) vs. LA Park (presented by Salina de la Renta)

World Middleweight Title Fight
Teddy Hart (c) vs. Austin Aries

Texas Tornado World Tag Team Title Fight
MJF & Richard Holliday (c) vs. Ross & Marshall Von Erich

National Openweight Title Fight
Alex Hammerstone (c) vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.

First time EVER!
“Filthy” Tom Lawlor vs. Timothy Thatcher

Stairway to Hell Match!
Jimmy Havoc vs. Mance Warner vs. Bestia 666 (presented by Salina de la Renta)

A Battle For Respect
Low Ki vs. Brian Pillman Jr.

Trios Tag Match!
Injustice vs. Septimo Dragon, Puma King & Gringo Loco

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
How would MLW/NWA even work together? Both have completely different styles.

And their youtube numbers are slowing down:

Ep 1: 510k
Ep 2: 292k
Ep 3: 182k

Won't surprise me if by Ep 10 they'll be doing same numbers as MLW.
I wouldn't say completely different. MLW definitely has some old school elements in their presentation, but mixed with various modern styles and techniques.

As far as NWA goes, I think they'll retain 100K+ viewers easily on a weekly basis with Power on YouTube. The acclaim it's gotten from people who see it as true wrestling and a real alternative to the modern sport is what makes me believe they'll keep a good audience for that show in the long run.

SuperFight PPV is looking pretty good and for $19.99 you can't go wrong with this card.

No Disqualification World Heavyweight Title Fight
Jacob Fatu (c) vs. LA Park (presented by Salina de la Renta)

World Middleweight Title Fight
Teddy Hart (c) vs. Austin Aries

Texas Tornado World Tag Team Title Fight
MJF & Richard Holliday (c) vs. Ross & Marshall Von Erich

National Openweight Title Fight
Alex Hammerstone (c) vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.

First time EVER!
“Filthy” Tom Lawlor vs. Timothy Thatcher

Stairway to Hell Match!
Jimmy Havoc vs. Mance Warner vs. Bestia 666 (presented by Salina de la Renta)

A Battle For Respect
Low Ki vs. Brian Pillman Jr.

Trios Tag Match!
Injustice vs. Septimo Dragon, Puma King & Gringo Loco
Missed the announcement for Ki v Pillman. Didn't see any build up to that one, is there any story there?

The rest of the card looks really good although I would have kept the STH match just between Havoc and Mancer but it's fine. Looking forward to their first PPV effort.

·
Registered
11,578 Posts
With the ACH stuff going on, I give MLW credit for being a diverse brand that embrace hip hop culture. Court always been in touch with current society. Funny how we haven't heard any Low Ki backstage issues in mlw. Or even Teddy Hart.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
With the ACH stuff going on, I give MLW credit for being a diverse brand that embrace hip hop culture. Court always been in touch with current society. Funny how we haven't heard any Low Ki backstage issues in mlw. Or even Teddy Hart.
Don't forget the malcontent of pro wrestling himself. :aries2

Court's doing a great job to keep things in order there.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I wouldn't say completely different. MLW definitely has some old school elements in their presentation, but mixed with various modern styles and techniques.

As far as NWA goes, I think they'll retain 100K+ viewers easily on a weekly basis with Power on YouTube. The acclaim it's gotten from people who see it as true wrestling and a real alternative to the modern sport is what makes me believe they'll keep a good audience for that show in the long run.

Missed the announcement for Ki v Pillman. Didn't see any build up to that one, is there any story there?

The rest of the card looks really good although I would have kept the STH match just between Havoc and Mancer but it's fine. Looking forward to their first PPV effort.
Don't remember all the details but Low Ki as a former champ or whatever was giving Pillman some advice and Pillman basically told him he knows what he's doing and made fun of him for being corny to this girl in another segment.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
During tonight’s Saturday Night SuperFight pay per view, MLW announced a new partnership with the lucha-libre promotion AAA. This comes only one month after MLW held tapings for their weekly episodic Fusion with rival company The CRASH in Tijuana. Several of AAA’s biggest stars, including Aerostar, Psycho Clown, Blue Demon Jr and IMPACT’s Killer Kross are mentioned by name.
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1190802698582601728

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Best show of the year! Christ almighty that was amazing from start to finish. MLW is the fucking truth, and everyone needs to see it.
Is it really that good?

·
Registered
11,578 Posts
Great show Davey Boy vs Hammerstone was better than expected. Thatcher gave Lawlor his best match. Low ki vs Pillman was fun before the ending.

They should do Fatu vs Park in a cell next.

·
Premium Member
43,880 Posts
Watched Saturday Night Superfight earlier today! I ordered it off of the Fite App and checked it out.

- Texas Tornado Tag Match for the Tag belts was solid. It was nice to start the show off with The Dynasty, by far my favorite act since I've started watching MLW, and the match was a solid showcase for MJF and Holliday. Von Erichs got the win, and it was solid, though I felt like it would have been alot better if they had mapped out a better story. For example, with MJF's mocking of the Iron Claw, the spot where they finally lock it on him should have been amazing, but it felt like of rushed through. Still, good match.

- The Trios match with Injustice taking on Gringo Loco, Puma King, and Septimo Dragon was exactly what you expect out of a match like this. Lots of action and flying all over the place. Good, fun, action packed. Not a MOTN contender or anything, but solid viewing, especially for its early placement on the card.

- Teddy Hart Vs. Austin Aries for the Middleweight Title is a weird one for me. I remember when these two started to get attention in the early to mid 2000s, and I wasn't completely sold on them. I thought Teddy was an entitled lunatic who was little more than a spot monkey, and Aries was just bland as fuck. I remember when he beat Joe for the ROH title in 2004, and I was like "Uh...why?" and then TNA pushed him in 2006 (over my pick Alex Shelley) and I was like "Uh...why?". So it was weird to see two guys that made a name for themselves during the same period of Indy wrestling almost 15 years ago and two guys I wasn't that sold on when they started to get noticed.

And here they are in 2019...and they had one of the best matches on the show! This was really well done! Nice old school set up injury angle, with a clear cut heel, a clear cut face, and the necessary drama to tell the story. The Canadian Destroyer finish wasn't executed all that well, but everything else worked for me. Hart played the underdog fighting through the pain really well and by the end, I really wanted him to win. Well done all around.

Weird, lol.

- Brian Pillman Jr Vs. Low Ki was fine. Nice of Pillman Jr to wear his dad's old Hollywood Blondes' jacket. Basically, it was Pillman outlasting everyone else who had been annihilated by Low Ki in under 3 minutes. So basically, it was an extended squash for Low Ki, but one where Pillman got to save some face by lasting longer than everybody else, so I guess that's fine.

- Tom Lawlor Vs. Timothy Thatcher...gotta be honest, I was not feeling this one at first, but it developed into a nice hard hitting fight. It ended up being a fun watch, but it took a couple minutes to get there. Good, rugged, and bloody. Good stuff!

- Jimmy Havoc Vs. Bestia 666 Vs. Mance Warner in A Stairway to Hell Match = This is exactly what I expected it to be: A wild and violent hardcore war. It was entertaining in its own grizzly way and lived up to what was advertised. If you like this type of stuff, you'll love this. If you don't like hardcore stuff, then this isn't for you.

- Hammerstone Vs. Davey Boy Jr for the National Openweight Title = I was hoping for a good power match out of these two because I like hosses, but I was a little let down. It was okay, but there were some clunky and awkward elements, like Davey randomly Hulking Up and doing the Hulk Hogan bit in the middle of the match for no reason. The finish was also a little clunky in its execution.

- Jacob Fatu Vs. LA Park for the World Heavyweight Title = It is so weird seeing The Chairman of WCW in the main event fighting for a Heavyweight Title. That said, this match blew me away. I really enjoyed it. I was super impressed with this bloody and wild brawl. We got high flying out of these two heavyweights, we got hard hitting, we got blood, we got a fireball, and we got the managers getting in on the fun. This whole thing was a wild and awesome main event, and it had a big fight feel to it where the crowd was buzzing from bell to bell. I loved it and the PPV ended on the best match.

My overall impressions of the show: I liked it! I was generally entertained from start to finish and I was impressed how MLW offered such variety in the card. You had heavyweights, you had high flying, you had hardcore, you had technical wrestling, you had old school, you had new school...it had everything. There were somethings that didn't click as well for me, but the stuff that delivered really delivered. And hey, any show that can make me mark out for a Teddy Hart match must have done something right.

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts
What I love about MLW is that it has a old school feel to it but unlike NWA it also has a modern element to it which I love

If AEW is the WCW to WWE then MLW is the ECW

301 - 320 of 433 Posts