Wrestling Forum banner

221 - 240 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
9,526 Posts
Way better than IMPACT?
They made Ishimori X-division champ.
Besides NOAH just announced that their partnership with IMPACT continues.
i dont know how long you watched Impact but from day one nothing was ever consistant in that company other than JJ holdint he NWA belt for a while in the early days. Everything was flip flopped and forgotten. I couldnt tell you much of anything worthy from a single TNA relationship. They blew everyones run and noone was ever around long enough to make a impact.

I loved impact from 2002 so im not trolling,Its just how they did business

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
What do mlw has planned for the PPV?
There are many great matches they could do, maybe even too much for "just" a 2k seats arena.
Probably a Fatu title match.
I think now a Low Ki vs Marufuji would be a huge match to have on your PPV card.
And they'd be smart to have a NWA title match with someone like Davey Boy Smith or the Von Erichs.
Plus LA Park, Wagner, Austin Aries...

They really have all the ingredients to put on a dream card.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mancer is the guy to build to defeat Contra. Guy is so likeable. AEW needs to grab this guy and watch him sore. Honestly I was kinda anti Sami Calhoun, because of the hatred Cornette has for him, but his stuff with Tessa is amazing. The guy is pretty awesome, another AEW signing in the future I hope.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,265 Posts
I agree with Mance Warner being excellent, and I hate Selina so much, but I want MLW to retain as many people as they can and only get in working relationships like they are doing with NOAH. I don't want AEW to poach all these guys before MLW really has a time to develop.

I love all the stuff with Contra Unit and Von Erich being brought in to feud with them is great. And the classic "Hide as a Security Guard" end to save the Von Erichs by Filthy Tom...

:mark:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mancer is the guy to build to defeat Contra. Guy is so likeable. AEW needs to grab this guy and watch him sore. Honestly I was kinda anti Sami Calhoun, because of the hatred Cornette has for him, but his stuff with Tessa is amazing. The guy is pretty awesome, another AEW signing in the future I hope.
Ol' Mancer! I totally wasn't sold on him when they kept hyping his debut but he's such fun on the mic and his promos. They could have a star on their hands if they treat him right.

Sami Calihan (however it's spelt!) I absolutely hate him.. but I find that so great. He's so good at playing his character I want to fly to the next show and jump the barrier to punch him too! Great work by him and his OVE stuff too.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Mance vs Fatu at the PPV is legit money :yoda

He's become a cult hero with the feud against Selina. Once he gets done with the fat skeleton, and Filthy loses to Fatu, the stage will be clear for OL MANCER TO GET TO THE PAY WINDOW.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
I figured Lawlor is going to be the one to defeat Fatu after however long he's champion for. Filthy Tom was built up as the Ace, they may stick with that. And seeing how Fatu smashed through him in under 8 minutes to win, that redemption arc is well in tact.

Smith vs Thatcher coming up soon. :yoda

MLW has a lot of good about them, but some off-putting aspects around, too, that I hope they can remove sooner than later.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
I figured Lawlor is going to be the one to defeat Fatu after however long he's champion for. Filthy Tom was built up as the Ace, they may stick with that. And seeing how Fatu smashed through him in under 8 minutes to win, that redemption arc is well in tact.

Smith vs Thatcher coming up soon. :yoda

MLW has a lot of good about them, but some off-putting aspects around, too, that I hope they can remove sooner than later.
Filthy's rise from MMA dickhead to tweener to eventual Ace of MLW, has been my favourite story in MLW and wrestling as a whole in the last 18 months. Love that man. #TEAMFILTHY.

If he's going to get the belt back, the WAR CHAMBER would be the perfect place for it. Plus, given how good Fatu is and the constant WWE/AEW rumours, I could see Court switching it back to the safer option.

I think given how white hot Mance is at the moment SUPERFIGHT 2 would perfect time for them to do it. Plus, you could build to a face vs face match down the line with Tom.

Either option is :cozy Plus, we have our angry hero Low Ki clobbering dudes in 20 seconds, so I'm sure he's not out of the hunt. And LA PARK is dangerous with the golden ticket. SO many cool options.

Trashy Tim vs Bulldog is going to be a beautiful display of GRAPPLEFUCK and toughness. Hope Tim sticks around long term, can't get enough of him.

MLW needs more backstage and in ring promos for the lower card guys. Don't think I've heard Ace Austin speak. Hook me up :cornette

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Filthy's rise from MMA dickhead to tweener to eventual Ace of MLW, has been my favourite story in MLW and wrestling as a whole in the last 18 months. Love that man. #TEAMFILTHY.

If he's going to get the belt back, the WAR CHAMBER would be the perfect place for it. Plus, given how good Fatu is and the constant WWE/AEW rumours, I could see Court switching it back to the safer option.

I think given how white hot Mance is at the moment SUPERFIGHT 2 would perfect time for them to do it. Plus, you could build to a face vs face match down the line with Tom.

Either option is :cozy Plus, we have our angry hero Low Ki clobbering dudes in 20 seconds, so I'm sure he's not out of the hunt. And LA PARK is dangerous with the golden ticket. SO many cool options.

Trashy Tim vs Bulldog is going to be a beautiful display of GRAPPLEFUCK and toughness. Hope Tim sticks around long term, can't get enough of him.

MLW needs more backstage and in ring promos for the lower card guys. Don't think I've heard Ace Austin speak. Hook me up :cornette
I kind of just had a feeling Fatu's reign wouldn't be long, but MLW could always surprise me. I love a great monster World Championship run, so if Fatu + Contra Unit got to dominate (maybe even until the PPV in November?) I'd be cool with that. It can be like the Umaga as the top guy bit we never got. Even if AJPW came close.

I'm hoping there's a chance at a Low Ki vs La Parka match at this rate. The former vs Mance already went down/is happening, gosh, now if I can get the dream match I never knew I could have take place, things will be swell.

Ace has talked in Impact. He's decent enough, hasn't exactly been given the best content there though. Smarmy/cocky heel stuff, as expected. He's already seemed better in MLW than Impact (value wise), so while he wouldn't have to choose one or the other, I say this is where things may be the most stable for him. Openweight championship down the line rings out. Or if he qualifies for the Middleweight. Anybody is better than Teddy Hart, though.

Smith vs Thatcher here, then let GCW book the rematch for JB's Bloodsport II. :cozy

Reactions: ObsoleteMule

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
I kind of just had a feeling Fatu's reign wouldn't be long, but MLW could always surprise me. I love a great monster World Championship run, so if Fatu + Contra Unit got to dominate (maybe even until the PPV in November?) I'd be cool with that. It can be like the Umaga as the top guy bit we never got. Even if AJPW came close.

I'm hoping there's a chance at a Low Ki vs La Parka match at this rate. The former vs Mance already went down/is happening, gosh, now if I can get the dream match I never knew I could have take place, things will be swell.

Ace has talked in Impact. He's decent enough, hasn't exactly been given the best content there though. Smarmy/cocky heel stuff, as expected. He's already seemed better in MLW than Impact (value wise), so while he wouldn't have to choose one or the other, I say this is where things may be the most stable for him. Openweight championship down the line rings out. Or if he qualifies for the Middleweight. Anybody is better than Teddy Hart, though.

Smith vs Thatcher here, then let GCW book the rematch for JB's Bloodsport II. :cozy
If Fatu was to be a long term champion, I'd be more than happy to watch that. He's already so good, and only getting better. He could have a Samoa Joe type reign of dominance with all different types of challengers trying to take him down.

Yeah, if he keeps it then the PPV would be my guess as the place he either drops it, or his run continues.

Speaking of the PPV; its so cool MLW has the chance to do one and show the world how great they can be. Plus, we might get Tony on the call, and that would be the greatest night in the history of our sport.

LA PARK VS LOW KI :cozy Could be like the awesome Necro match from IWA. Now picturing a Double Stomp through a door :done

I need to catch up on the last few weeks of IMPACT. I'll be looking out for Ace's promos. :eek: There's something that draws me to him, and I just want to see more of him. LOVED the match with Horus. Would be very happy to see him move up the Middleweight ranks. A match, or feud with :aries2 could be a ton of fun.

I always thought Davey was a good big man, but he never made me care about him like I do now. He's flipped the switch seemingly overnight, and now he's incredible. You name a wrestler and there's a huge chance I want them to face him.

:eek:wens3 Those two in BLOODSPORT. I :mark when MLW gave us Gotch/Filthy in their own version of it. GCW is Truly changing the game

·
Registered
9,838 Posts
There are some real stars in MLW. Jacob Fatu is freakin' amazing. I like me the rest of Contra and Tom Lawlor too. Brian Pillman, Jr., MJF, Mance Warner -- all stars. Jim Cornette is still the best color guy in wrestling.

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
They are definitely leaning towards Low Ki vs Fatu for the ppv. It will become more obvious when he becomes the 4th member of Team Lawlor. They also booking him as unstoppable, knocking people out. Its great storytelling.

I like Mancer but I don't think he is on their radar to dethrone Fatu. I think they are grooming Davey Boy.

I wonder if the Savio relationship will lead to a MLW/IWA agreement?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Just caught the latest episode and I am once again pretty fucking impressed. I cant express how much enjoyment i get watching this show. So refreshing and easy to follow.

I have no complaints aside from Bestia 666... seen him twice and havent been impressed at all

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it just my crappy speakers or is the sound badly mixed in their youtube videos? I can barely hear the commentary without headphones.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Needing to catch up on the last two weeks of Fusion; Smith vs Thatcher incoming. :banderas

And then there's a Savio Vega match following it. What a world, this 2019. Always keeps me saying that.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just caught the latest episode and I am once again pretty fucking impressed. I cant express how much enjoyment i get watching this show. So refreshing and easy to follow.

I have no complaints aside from Bestia 666... seen him twice and havent been impressed at all
I don’t mind bestia, cool entrance, looks cool, only problem is he doesn’t come across as super violent. Maybe that’s because he is performing on the same as the most violent faction in wrestling.

221 - 240 of 467 Posts