Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first that comes to mind is CM Punk Vs Randy Orton in 2011. This had so much potential but was a letdown imo. The matches were solid but the fact that Orton won both times they faced off wasnt necessary. The storyline also could've been better than it was. Orton just took apart Nexus singlehandedly. Another one that comes to mind is CM Punk Vs Daniel Bryan in 2012. It really seemed like their feud just came and went. I can't even recall anything major that happened. But yeah what are yours?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
This corporate feud is failing imo. They need to pick things up and start having more heels suck up and join hhh and Stephanie and have more babyfaces stick up for themselves. It could get better, but time is running out.

·
ѪѺѪ
1,234 Posts
Many come to mind, The Invasion for example one of the biggest they had and they just flushed it down the toilet with merging Angle, Austin to team WCW/ECW not having the guys that were a major focal point of WCW signed to contracts like Sting, Flair, Steiner, Goldberg, Nash it could of been something even bigger but alas WWF/E guys dominated the entire feud and WCW/ECW went out in a whimper.

·
Registered
837 Posts
The Rock vs CM Punk didnt deliver for me. The Rock imo was horrible to listen to on the mic this year, he really did tarnish his reputation by returning.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,411 Posts
The first that comes to mind is CM Punk Vs Randy Orton in 2011. This had so much potential but was a letdown imo. The matches were solid but the fact that Orton won both times they faced off wasnt necessary. The storyline also could've been better than it was. Orton just took apart Nexus singlehandedly. Another one that comes to mind is CM Punk Vs Daniel Bryan in 2012. It really seemed like their feud just came and went. I can't even recall anything major that happened. But yeah what are yours?
Well, we got the awesome Over The Limit match out of it at least :)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Rock vs Cena

·
Registered
95 Posts
Orton vs HHH in 2009. The storyline was great and I loved the whole psychology behind it. But their match at WM 25 was a huge meh.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Summer of Punk
Bits and Pieces of Rock/Cena & Rock/Punk could have been handled better.

The Rock vs CM Punk didnt deliver for me. The Rock imo was horrible to listen to on the mic this year, he really did tarnish his reputation by returning.
lol no he didnt.

In 5 years you wont even care about how you felt about this small program. Let alone enough to think he "ruined" his reputation.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Lesnar vs Goldberg

Nexus could've been better had they not lost all the time, when Wade was out of nexus it went pretty downhill from there then you had the corre and new nexus which were pure awful. Then All the new Nexus members got punted off by Orton

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
I was ever so slightly disappointed in Cena/Batista because they left it so late. What was supposed to have been the two biggest stars of their generation in a colossal mega-feud type of thing, only happened once Batista's starpower had severely diminished, which made it kind of underwhelming.
Summer of Punk......
Was not a feud

·
Too Busy Eating Donuts
7,523 Posts
Punk and Jericho leading up to Mania and the fallout. Now it was a good feud in my opinion but I guess when I thought of these 2 at that time leading up to Wrestlemania I had an image in my mind of how it should have gone. At the time it was like the stars alligned, and then the matches leading up to it and the promos felt wrong at times.

One key mistake I think WWE did in this feud was having Jericho not win the Rumble. It would have made perfect sense for Jericho to just win it. Another mistake was the stipulation that was added ON THE NIGHT of Wrestlemania (it shouldn't have been added at all or should have been announced in the weeks prior.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it didn't live up to the hype that I had in my head.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Honestly, almost every major feud of the last couple of years has been disappointing. Orton/HHH, Cena/Batista, Nexus, Rock/Cena, Punk/Jericho, Rock/Punk, HHH/Lesnar, Punk/Taker (match was good but feud itself wasn't anything special) all were pretty underwhelming. Imo the only enjoyable major angles of the last four years are HBK/Taker, HHH/Taker, Punk/Cena Lesnar/Cena, and Lesnar/Punk.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I actually really liked New Nexus Vs Randy Orton. I didn't like how Orton put all the new guys on the shelf, but the feud, the promos, the matches, were all awesome. One of my favorite feuds from recent times.

Anyways, big let downs. There's sooo many but recently, I would say Orton Vs Triple H in 2009. I would say Batista Vs John Cena in 2008, Cena got injured though. Nexus Vs WWE in 2010. Lesnar Vs Punk from a month ago; so Lesnar has 1 match, and he goes over weak as paper, and then is never mentioned again. AWESOME! Anyways, yeah.

·
Premium Member
11,377 Posts
I actually thought Punk vs Bryan for the title (and AJ), was a great feud, they were actually main eventing RAW fueding and not Cena ( they didn't main event the PPV-on purpose I suppose), but they were main eventing RAW and everyone was talking about them..

A major feud that disappointed is actually Punk vs Undertaker, could have been dealt better I guess if it weren't for Punk's backstage problem then

1 - 20 of 37 Posts