Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE is changing the start time of their Monday night tapings.
Beginning July 2nd, many of the Monday tapings will start 90 minutes before the live Raw broadcast. Currently, the tapings begin 30 or 45 minutes before Raw. No word yet on why WWE is extending the Monday tapings.

Never knew that, always thought it was completely live apart from a seven second delay?

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
I'm guessing they're talking about NXT and/or Superstars. Therefore longer NXT/Superstars episodes.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
It's referring to everything that happens before the show, i.e. Superstars and dark matches. Raw is completely live, at least it is based on my recent experience of attending one.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Yeh, like others have said to my knowledge Raw itself is completely live, but segments for Superstars are taped before Raw.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
As long as RAW still tapes between 9 and 11 eastern time and airs the same time, I don't care.

Seems like more dark matches and/or another show, which both are good for live audiences/attendance numbers. A bit harder on the workers though, I assume.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,325 Posts
Another hour of C and D show crapola before RAW will be awful for the crowds.

If you thought the crowds were dead before just wait for this in the summertime. Gonna be a crowd killer extraordinaire.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts

If you thought the crowds were dead before just wait for this in the summertime. Gonna be a crowd killer extraordinaire.
I think this is the reason why we've started seeing midcarders like Miz, Ryder, & Ziggler on Superstars. To have someone over and relevant enough to make people care about the C-Shows.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with their Network and possibly that Cruiserweight show that has been talked about. Either that or NXT is being replaced or revamped.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts

Not really. The crowds don't really react to Superstars or NXT, hell, the building isn't even all the way full for them a good part of the time.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
SPCDRI is right. One of the reasons the Smackdown crowds generally act like zombies is because they have to endure both Superstars (the Smackdown part) and NXT tapings ahead of the show. It doesn't really matter that much because WWE can add some reactions if they so choose at certain points in the Smackdown taping.

If WWE isn't careful, this could hurt the liveliness of Raw crowds quite a bit, in all honesty.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
Man, like others have said, the RAW crowd could be complete zombies. Here's hoping they throw some exciting stuff in during these shows before RAW. Of course, some people could always show up just before RAW itself starts, which would make for a half-full arena for these taped shows.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
SPCDRI is right. One of the reasons the Smackdown crowds generally act like zombies is because they have to endure both Superstars (the Smackdown part) and NXT tapings ahead of the show. It doesn't really matter that much because WWE can add some reactions if they so choose at certain points in the Smackdown taping.

If WWE isn't careful, this could hurt the liveliness of Raw crowds quite a bit, in all honesty.
I clapped.

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts
Last time I went to Raw, it had two dark matches and Heat tapings before the actual show. Yup, it's been a while for me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts