Wrestling Forum banner

Major Backstage Heat Between The Bella Twins & WWE Following Raw 30

4340 79
Source: Major Backstage Heat Between Legends & WWE Following Raw 30? - WrestleTalk
It seems that the Bella twins and WWE may not be on the best of terms coming out of last night’s (January 23) Raw 30th Anniversary show.

Brie and Nikki Bella had originally been advertised for the show a couple of weeks ago, but were later removed from advertising and did not appear.

In fact, the only in-person female representation of someone you’d traditionally call a legend was Alundra Blayze who was involved in a couple of backstage poker segments dotted throughout the night.

This, coupled with the Bayley vs Becky Lynch steel cage match being pulled from the show due to the Bloodline segment running over time, has reignited fan outrage at the overall treatment of women’s wrestling.

It seems this is something the Bellas picked up on too, as during an Instagram Live stream, they implied that they knew WWE wasn’t going to spotlight a number of the women who had been involved in the women’s evolution, including themselves, Mercedes Mone (Sasha Banks) and Saraya (Paige).

Brie specifically said: “There’s a bunch of us they don’t want to show”.

The implication seemed to be that WWE didn’t want to highlight Mone/Banks because of her decision to leave the company and Saraya because she decided to join AEW – the argument being that they should still be highlighted for their moments and achievements within WWE, and those things shouldn’t be taken away from them or not highlighted just because they made decisions that WWE didn’t like.

In relation to those names specifically, there was a clip during one of the montages shown throughout the night of Mone/Banks winning the Raw Women’s Championship from Charlotte Flair, and Flair mentioned the Bellas during her in-ring promo.

The Bella Twins did travel to the area of the show but it seems they opted not to be part of it due to their issues with how they and the women in general were going to be utilized.

If you were expecting the Bellas to be surprise Rumble entrants this Saturday, that’s certainly not looking likely anymore.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

· Registered
1,586 Posts
WOW I wonder if it has to do with HHH still staying on board to do creative and she resigning from her father's company. I can see that causing tension.
Well, if the rumors are true about them and Vince regains power, I can see him giving Triple H and his DX pals the boot eventually. lol

· Premium Member
2,978 Posts
The Bellas aren't legends in the slightest, Nikki especially at this point feels like a wish.com Kim Kardashian.

...But it was odd that Madusa was the only woman even brought to the show as a legend. They had nobody they could have called? Doesn't like Molly Holly legitimately work there??

And I don't really get cutting the cage match of all things, when you advertise that type of match and fail to do it, it's like pulling the rug out from underneath the fans feet. I think it legitimately killed the crowd some when they did that. If anything, you could have just cut out Ric and Charlotte, which was pointless, and even the Bianca/Sonya nothing match for more time on the cage match and a few other women legends.
But remember, Bel Air is getting the Cena treatment.

· Premium Member
1,446 Posts
I have to address the people saying Triple H is overlooking the women's division because he does not care, that Stephanie was the one who cared about the women's division.

Just look at the booking of Sol Ruca. She rose to fame with just one move after it went viral. She went from working Level Up every other week to beating Alba Fyre on NXT, the forever champion in NXT UK who's probably had the most title matches out of all women in NXT ever. And I expect Alba to win the tag titles together with Isla Dawn tonight. It was Triple H who acknowledged Sol going viral on the internet. Also, look at how many women's matches there were on the last NXT alone, including the main event.

If anyone is responsible for the women's division being downplayed on Raw XXX, it's Vince.

· I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
34,105 Posts
It's blood hilarious how they keep acting as if they were part of the "women's revolution" when they were some of the last remains of that dreadful divas era.
Exactly Paige too. She was the anti what? what’s the name of that butterfly title she was carrying on shoulder? Plus on an episode she (Paige herself) said she’s an honorary bella.

· I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
34,105 Posts
Sorry double post.
No need to apologize it just shows you have a lot to contribute which is what this forum is all about.

Becky fans complaining & crying about "bad booking" of their girl.

And yet ....

All this crying/whining/moaning/bitching about this chick, that chick is the main reason why WE WILL NEVER HAVE FEMALE STARS TRISH/LITA/MOLLY HOLLY/VICTORIA/MICKIE. This is also why many hardcore fans prefer them over today’s crop of women. Nobody wants to put nobody over anymore and it’s not only selfish, but it’s pathetic. Becky squashing Bianca in 43 seconds was pathetic. Charlotte not dropping the title to Rhea was egregious. Bayley seems like the most reasonable horsewoman out of the bunch, at least she puts people over.

Sasha doesn’t get her she walks out, go out the country and still bitch😆🤣😂 Boss move.

Charlotte is entitled like Sasha but she’s also spoiled because her dad and how hhh idolize him.

Becky returns and squashes a younger talent in 43 seconds.

· Registered
6,206 Posts
It was a show that was celebrating 30 years in a 3 hour show. There's only so much you can fit into 3 hours. I thought it was an excellent episode of Raw. Yes it's a shame the cage match got cut but it came at the expense of an incredible bloodline segment that ran long. That happens sometimes with live TV. The women get plenty of TV time most weeks and the Bellas have had lots of appearances since they retired so I don't see why they feel the need to complain.

· Registered
3,125 Posts
Grew up with people like The Bellas and while they’re not on the same level as others from their time such as Maryse, Beth, Michelle, or even Eve Torres.. I got no beef with them being in the HOF because there is far worse in there already.

It is time we get a legends class added to the HOF because as is the HOF is just a place where people who had a long enough tenure get in.

Bruno, Andre, Hogan, Flair, HBK, B. Hart, Undertaker, Rock, Austin and Cena types. For now a top 25 of all time would work & in a couple decades time you’d stretch it to maybe 50. Just induct one person per year.
I’m not a Bellas fan AT ALL but how are they not on the same level as Eve, Maryse, and Michelle? Eve left just as she was starting to get good, Maryse didn’t do much after she lost the Divas Title the second time (and TBH, the stuff she’s doing now with Miz is more memorable than the stuff she was doing in her first run. The Bellas definitely surpassed Michelle regardless of how many pushes and title shots WWE gave to Undertaker’s wife (Ironically Michelle did what people accuse The Bellas of doing).

· Premium Member
3,025 Posts
I’m not a Bellas fan AT ALL but how are they not on the same level as Eve, Maryse, and Michelle? Eve left just as she was starting to get good, Maryse didn’t do much after she lost the Divas Title the second time (and TBH, the stuff she’s doing now with Miz is more memorable than the stuff she was doing in her first run. The Bellas definitely surpassed Michelle regardless of how many pushes and title shots WWE gave to Undertaker’s wife (Ironically Michelle did what people accuse The Bellas of doing).
Nikki and Brie Bella were at the top during the worst period of women’s wrestling in the past 20 years. Prior periods had women such as Lita, Trish, Victoria and Mickie and as it currently stands we have 5 current women guaranteed hall of famers in Becky, Asuka, Char, Bayley, Alexa.

That doesn’t even count people like Bianca and (sadly) Rousey. Factor in that longevity gets you into the HOF these days so we’ve got Naomi and Natayla incoming and let’s not forget Sasha is in the same class as the first 5.

I didn’t mind Nikki, but Brie was grating.

· Premium Member
3,025 Posts
I'll always laugh at the smarks and being mad that The Bellas are legends.

How dare they get over without IWC approval. Remember the show isn't for you guys, it's supposed to be for the casuals
What’s a casual? Someone who doesn’t give a fuck about workrate? Someone who only liked heels before it was cool? I dunno mate but I qualify for both

41 - 60 of 80 Posts