Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

· Registered
13,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the Bella twins and WWE may not be on the best of terms coming out of last night’s (January 23) Raw 30th Anniversary show.

Brie and Nikki Bella had originally been advertised for the show a couple of weeks ago, but were later removed from advertising and did not appear.

In fact, the only in-person female representation of someone you’d traditionally call a legend was Alundra Blayze who was involved in a couple of backstage poker segments dotted throughout the night.

This, coupled with the Bayley vs Becky Lynch steel cage match being pulled from the show due to the Bloodline segment running over time, has reignited fan outrage at the overall treatment of women’s wrestling.

It seems this is something the Bellas picked up on too, as during an Instagram Live stream, they implied that they knew WWE wasn’t going to spotlight a number of the women who had been involved in the women’s evolution, including themselves, Mercedes Mone (Sasha Banks) and Saraya (Paige).

Brie specifically said: “There’s a bunch of us they don’t want to show”.

The implication seemed to be that WWE didn’t want to highlight Mone/Banks because of her decision to leave the company and Saraya because she decided to join AEW – the argument being that they should still be highlighted for their moments and achievements within WWE, and those things shouldn’t be taken away from them or not highlighted just because they made decisions that WWE didn’t like.

In relation to those names specifically, there was a clip during one of the montages shown throughout the night of Mone/Banks winning the Raw Women’s Championship from Charlotte Flair, and Flair mentioned the Bellas during her in-ring promo.

The Bella Twins did travel to the area of the show but it seems they opted not to be part of it due to their issues with how they and the women in general were going to be utilized.

If you were expecting the Bellas to be surprise Rumble entrants this Saturday, that’s certainly not looking likely anymore.

Source: Major Backstage Heat Between Legends & WWE Following Raw 30? - WrestleTalk

· Premium Member
27,051 Posts
The Bella's have no business being considered legends. I'm glad they were forgotten. They can appear the next time a to show on E! Is coming out. They'll only get some track because they have large social media followings; the only thing that gives them attention their whole lives.

As for females from Raw to highlight, they can do a lot better. At the same time, Raw humiliated women for so long and if they just toss Blaze, Stratus, or Lita on there to pretend there wasn't a sexist madman belittling women for years, there would and should be outage, too. The only way they can fairly showcase woman would be to literally stop the show for Cole to do a segment interviewing post woman to get their take on how bad it was and how much it's improved. That will never happen but it is the solution.

Reactions: NatureDog

· Fearless University Graduate
Fearless University Graduate
24,883 Posts
The Bella's have no business being considered legends. I'm glad they were forgotten. They can appear the next time a to show on E! Is coming out. They'll only get some track because they have large social media followings; the only thing that gives them attention their whole lives.

As for females from Raw to highlight, they can do a lot better. At the same time, Raw humiliated women for so long and if they just toss Blaze, Stratus, or Lita on there to pretend there wasn't a sexist madman belittling women for years, there would and should be outage, too. The only way they can fairly showcase woman would be to literally stop the show for Cole to do a segment interviewing post woman to get their take on how bad it was and how much it's improved. That will never happen but it is the solution.
Way to miss the point completely.

WWE pretty much just forgot about the women for this big celebration episode of Raw.

Also the fact that the Bellas being called 'Legends' upsets smarks will never get old.

· Baby It's Violence
12,594 Posts
The Bellas aren't legends in the slightest, Nikki especially at this point feels like a wish.com Kim Kardashian.

...But it was odd that Madusa was the only woman even brought to the show as a legend. They had nobody they could have called? Doesn't like Molly Holly legitimately work there??

And I don't really get cutting the cage match of all things, when you advertise that type of match and fail to do it, it's like pulling the rug out from underneath the fans feet. I think it legitimately killed the crowd some when they did that. If anything, you could have just cut out Ric and Charlotte, which was pointless, and even the Bianca/Sonya nothing match for more time on the cage match and a few other women legends.

· Registered
13,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Bellas aren't legends in the slightest, Nikki especially at this point feels like a wish.com Kim Kardashian.

...But it was odd that Madusa was the only woman even brought to the show as a legend. They had nobody they could have called? Doesn't like Molly Holly legitimately work there??

And I don't really get cutting the cage match of all things, when you advertise that type of match and fail to do it, it's like pulling the rug out from underneath the fans feet. I think it legitimately killed the crowd some when they did that. If anything, you could have just cut out Ric and Charlotte, which was pointless, and even the Bianca/Sonya nothing match for more time on the cage match and a few other women legends.
Wasn't Lita supposed to be there?

· I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
34,287 Posts
Is Summer Rae considered a legend? She did create the boss gimmick for that one chick y’all like.

Bellas ain’t legends they were simply bust downs. Sheamus bust down Brie, then Bryan married her😆😆😆, Ziggler cracked Nikki and Cena didn’t care😆😂🤣😂

· Premium Member
3,377 Posts
Grew up with people like The Bellas and while they’re not on the same level as others from their time such as Maryse, Beth, Michelle, or even Eve Torres.. I got no beef with them being in the HOF because there is far worse in there already.

It is time we get a legends class added to the HOF because as is the HOF is just a place where people who had a long enough tenure get in.

Bruno, Andre, Hogan, Flair, HBK, B. Hart, Undertaker, Rock, Austin and Cena types. For now a top 25 of all time would work & in a couple decades time you’d stretch it to maybe 50. Just induct one person per year.

· Registered
641 Posts
Grew up with people like The Bellas and while they’re not on the same level as others from their time such as Maryse, Beth, Michelle, or even Eve Torres.. I got no beef with them being in the HOF because there is far worse in there already.

It is time we get a legends class added to the HOF because as is the HOF is just a place where people who had a long enough tenure get in.

Bruno, Andre, Hogan, Flair, HBK, B. Hart, Undertaker, Rock, Austin and Cena types. For now a top 25 of all time would work & in a couple decades time you’d stretch it to maybe 50. Just induct one person per year.
I don’t like that idea because HBK, Hogan, Flair, and HHH will be inducted at least 4 times following that criteria.

· Premium Member
27,051 Posts
Way to miss the point completely.

WWE pretty much just forgot about the women for this big celebration episode of Raw.

Also the fact that the Bellas being called 'Legends' upsets smarks will never get old.
I did not miss the point, and specficially addressed it while commenting on the Bella's reaction. I'll bold the portion from my first response. You didn't finish reading because you saw my opinion on the Bellas and disregarded the rest.

I agree women were not highlighted well for the anniversary show. The Bellas aren't the spokes people I feel sympathy for if they're not showcased. RAW struggles to highlight women because over 30 years they barely have. It's like asking the KKK to show how they include time for black people in a positive way. If RAW only highlights the few good moments they treated women and ignore them having a lady on all fours barking like a dog then we'd be ignoring the ugly part of WWE yet all the progress made. A 5-10 minute interview with Trish Stratus discussing her demoralizing moments but now how a Wrestlemania was main evented by all women would be 10,000x more impactful than the Bella Twins shaking their hips and botching a dive.

They became major stars without the IWC approval, that's what irks the smarks. The Bellas have a net worth of $20 Million.
That's fanastic they are worth so much. None of that came from their invovlement on RAW, all from E! and the extra shows they did not on Monday nights. Should RAW XXX also have celebrated all the Rock's box office success he did on his own time? Or Batista's film career? Or Jesse Ventura being a political figure? Or Donald Trump who became the president? No. RAW XXX is a show about the accomplishments of people on the show, not outside it. The Bellas did nothing of interest on RAW that can be held to higher interest over woman like Blaze, Stratus, Lita, Chyna, etc.

I want the women who did something on the show that's having an anniversary show to be highlighted. Please don't interpret my gripe as not wanting woman to be highlighted. WWE did drop the ball last night, but the Bellas aren't the spokes people I feel sympathy for if they're not showcased.

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,721 Posts
It seems this is something the Bellas picked up on too, as during an Instagram Live stream, they implied that they knew WWE wasn’t going to spotlight a number of the women who had been involved in the women’s evolution, including themselves, Mercedes Mone (Sasha Banks) and Saraya (Paige).

Brie specifically said: “There’s a bunch of us they don’t want to show”.

The implication seemed to be that WWE didn’t want to highlight Mone/Banks because of her decision to leave the company and Saraya because she decided to join AEW – the argument being that they should still be highlighted for their moments and achievements within WWE, and those things shouldn’t be taken away from them or not highlighted just because they made decisions that WWE didn’t like.
Well I mean this is pretty much a no-brainer really. Why would WWE gives spotlight to a woman who walked out of WWE last year, and another woman who is wrestling in AEW. Whatever contributions they made are irrelevant when they are no longer with WWE.

That being said, it was pretty sad that they cut the Steel Cage match because another segment ran over their time. Imagine if it had been the other way around. There would have been hell to pay.

· Registered
82 Posts
Well I mean this is pretty much a no-brainer really. Why would WWE gives spotlight to a woman who walked out of WWE last year, and another woman who is wrestling in AEW. Whatever contributions they made are irrelevant when they are no longer with WWE.

That being said, it was pretty sad that they cut the Steel Cage match because another segment ran over their time. Imagine if it had been the other way around. There would have been hell to pay.
WWE did nothing wrong. Nobody cares about the Bellas anymore anyway. Let them stay home and whine

· Registered
641 Posts
Raw could have shown a video package of all the intergender feuds throughout the years on Raw. Trish/Lita vs Christian/Jericho, Lita vs Dean Malenko, Chyna and Jeff Jarrett, Steph and Jericho, and sable/Mero.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts