Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who thinks that a main eventer from RAW will jump to Smackdown when the brand m oves to Syfy. Smackdown is lacking some main event talent right now and with a move to new channel they want a extra boost for the ratings. Of course they could simply elevate Swagger and Punk again but I don't see it happening. Although The Undertaker will return to be the champion, he is past his prime and I think him carrying a brand and going to every house show as champion will take a huge tool on his body.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
837 Posts
The only one I could see is Edge, but I doubt anyone will go to Smackdown. Unfortunately that would make him relevant again, which I do not want.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
The only one I could see is Edge, but I doubt anyone will go to Smackdown. Unfortunately that would make him relevant again, which I do not want.
I'm with you on Edge for the sole reason that I think it would be the best way to finally put Christian over, not that I actually belive it will happen.

On your second point, I think it's inevetiable that someone will make the switch to reignite the brand. Right now they're clearly treading water and I'm convinced that this is because Vince wants them to hold back until the move in October. I really believe there'll be a couple of big angles around that time which will see Smackdown move far closer to Raw in terms of importance.

·
11,236 Posts
I'm going with Shame-ous. I think it's time for him to move on.
That wouldn't be a bad idea because it would get him away from Cena. A big selling point for me is the fact that Cena has yet to beat him (although he easily could've in the match where he teamed with Bourne had he not made the tag to let Evan get the pin). Moving to the other brand would separate them and allow them to keep that streak alive for a while without shoving it down our throats. Unfortunately I'm not sure he'd have the kind of impact required, it really needs to be one of the top 2 or 3 people in the company so, while I'd be happy to see him jump, he shouldn't be the only one to do so.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I would say Edge or Jericho would move back there, hope it's one of them anyways, and I hpe they take Morrison with them too.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Hopefully Edge and Jericho go back to Smackdown. Not sure why were they drafted to RAW in the first place.

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going with Shame-ous. I think it's time for him to move on.
Although it would be a great move. I doubt it will happen. Sheamus vs. Triple H is a program that is bound to happen.

Sheamus on Smackdown would be great though. Matches with guys like Taker and Mysterio can be good for him. Maybe in next year's draft.

Edge and Jericho win tag team titles and move to both brands?
Exactly what I was thinking. They win the tag titles and start a feud with Matt Hardy and Christian for the titles.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
They could coincide Undertaker's return with the move to Syfy. They could also move 2 guys over as the tag-champions, maybe Y2J & Edge.

·
11,236 Posts
Although it would be a great move. I doubt it will happen. Sheamus vs. Triple H is a program that is bound to happen.

Sheamus on Smackdown would be great though. Matches with guys like Taker and Mysterio can be good for him. Maybe in next year's draft.
What's the date for the switch? I know it's October but not exactly when. The reason I say this is that Heill In A Cell is October 3rd which seems like the ideal time for the third Sheamus/Triple H match. Since he has such a great record in HIAC matches I'd have no problem with the Game winning that one as long as it's booked to be super competative. That being the case, why not include a Loser Leaves Raw stipulation to explain the switch.

·
Asuka
96,237 Posts
Jericho should come back, more of a chance to do things on SmackDown! for him.....and a reason to watch the show, but we don't need Edge dominating the show again.

And yeah, I know what everybody is thinking, Edge/Christian. Don't expect anything from it.

The Miz to SD? Possibly win the WHC? Who knows.
Why? He's already got a WWE title shot on the A show. Though, we would look better with the WHC, but who doesn't.

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What's the date for the switch? I know it's October but not exactly when. The reason I say this is that Heill In A Cell is October 3rd which seems like the ideal time for the third Sheamus/Triple H match. Since he has such a great record in HIAC matches I'd have no problem with the Game winning that one as long as it's booked to be super competative. That being the case, why not include a Loser Leaves Raw stipulation to explain the switch.
I was thinking something like that as well but I doubt Triple H will be healthy by that point. Especially for a Hell in a Cell Match. Although WWE might just be exagerrating and actually making the injury seem much worse to swerve the fans. Have they even shown pictures of Triple H's surgery?

·
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8,661 Posts
Put Randy Orton on SmackDown! so he can bury boring hacks like Swagger and Drew Mcintyre instead of stars with potential like Miz and Barrett.
:lmao thanks I needed a good laugh today. Swagger and McIntyre are miles ahead of Miz and Barrett has not proven himself. I say move no one they have guys like Kingston, Christian and Rhodes who could be main eventers. if anyone move Sheamus. He just doesn't fit in that well on Raw.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts