Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm not hating on TNA I'm quite enjoying it at the moment. but people saying that CM Punk being the wwe champion and still not closing Raw is the same as Robert Roode not closing TNA but instead a Stupid end segment. Whats up with that?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Ok I'm not hating on TNA I'm quite enjoying it at the moment. but people saying that CM Punk being the wwe champion and still not closing Raw is the same as Robert Roode not closing TNA but instead a Stupid end segment. Whats up with that?
lol is this is a joke ? bobby roode has main evented every ppv since hes been champion while cm punk main evented once since hes been champion only bec cena was mia for that ppv. and roode has closed the show out on numerous occasions over his title reign but the past 2 weeks he hasnt. hopefully they go back to him closing the show again next week

·
All Out
2,802 Posts
lol is this is a joke ? bobby roode has main evented every ppv since hes been champion while cm punk main evented once since hes been champion only bec cena was mia for that ppv. and roode has closed the show out on numerous occasions over his title reign but the past 2 weeks he hasnt. hopefully they go back to him closing the show again next week
Yeah, if nothing else - he'll be closing their next PPV (just as he's closed all of their PPV's so far this year), as he's advertised for Destination X's Main Event - defending the World Title against former X-Division Champion, Austin Aries. Pretty amped for that Match personally...

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
difference is roode and the world title are the main focus of impact and ppvs. cm punk is a glorified midcarder.
Hit the nail on the head here almost every star in TNA is trying to get the World Title off of Roode for the past 6 months where as in WWE you seem to have Main Stars more interested in Cena then the world title like the Rock, Brock and Kane. Even right now the title is not enough for a feud they need to make revolve around a girl more then the world title.

·
Premium Member
44,384 Posts
I think the problem is more with Punk not closing PPVs which would be OK if the recent matches that were getting the closing spots weren't so bad (the last two come to mind).

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Dumb thread. What Roode is to TNA is totally different from what CM Punk is in the WWE.

·
Banned
159 Posts
AA VS Bobby Roode is about, proving what is the best division. Giving the match, an meaning for me to watch it. Cm Punk feuds right now, why should I care it's not even about the title it is more about AJ then the WWE title. Also Punk never even main events, and most of his title feuds, are not even about the title. His last two feuds title have have not, even been about him being champion. They have been about, him not being straight edge, and an about a women that has gone crazy.At least wrestlers want to win the Tna world title,the main purpose of the feud that punk was in at No Way Out, was about what AJ would do not about the title.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
CM Punk is a mid carder with a WWE title (WEIRD) and Bobby is a longest reigning TNA WHC champion and the guy who actually gets main event spotlight. These two are completely different.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would say that many people don't mind the World Title taking a back seat once in a while as long as a huge exciting storyline is replacing it at the main event. The AJ/Dixie stuff has generally been a very good angle, while Roode has been in a filler feud where the outcome was never in doubt. Now Roode has a good feud with Aries coming up he will probably be taking back the spotlight next week. The problem with WWEs main event is that the WWE Title feud is exciting, unpredictable and all in all just better than Cenas stuff and has absolutely no reason not to be the main event.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The reason that Bobby Roode didn't close the show is because the Dixie/AJ angle is the only thing that is increasing ratings every single week. So by having the Dixie/AJ angle close the show, they were pretty much trying to keep the fans from turning away from IMPACT!, and keeping a steady rating & viewer ship through out the whole show

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
^ yeah exactly. AJ Styles is still one of the more popular wrestlers in TNA. AJ/daniels/Dixie are probably going to alternate main events with Roode/Aries. unlike WWE where its Cena all day every day and everything else is stupid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.