Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to the MEM in the end? i remember brief moments like joe joining them, Frontline and Booker And Scotty winning the Tag Team Titles. But how did the storyline actually conclude? was it as good as everyone said it will be when it started?

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
was it as good as everyone said it will be when it started?
Nope. The storyline basically just fell apart with no real conclusion. Booker left TNA, then Angle got beat by Matt Morgan at a PPV and shook his hand after the match, then said he respected the young talent on the next iMPACT! episode. Steiner kept going as part of the MEM, saying Angle wasn't ever the leader and that he was the MEM now, until he left TNA.

There was no major blow-off match where the Frontline picked up the win and got over on the MEM and the younger guys won respect and took control back like we all expected.

·
Registered
990 Posts
It ended at Bound For Glory. MEM had lost all their titles and the younger guys had as Kurt Angle said in his promo "reached their level." Angle turned face, Booker T left, Steiner feuded with Lashley, Nash joined World Elite and Joe entered the main event scene for a month. I personally felt that whilst the whole angle was largely entertaining it didn't really serve its purpose of pushing younger guys until Russo got full control of the TNA creative team. There's no doubting that the likes of AJ and Matt Morgan benefited from their prescence but I felt the number who did wasn't enough and came too late. Having said that though, I think TNA came up with some interesting angles out of it like Matt Morgan trying to get in, the Angle/Sting power struggle and Joe's swerve.

And Angle beat Morgan.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Angle turned face. That's about it. Basically it messed up and Angle done a full 180 for no real reason (yeah, I'mm aware he had an ok match with Morgan).

That being said, I don't get why Tenay and Taz were so shocked to see Nash and Sting together for the first time in ages. They were in MEM together...

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Angle turned face. That's about it. Basically it messed up and Angle done a full 180 for no real reason (yeah, I'mm aware he had an ok match with Morgan).

That being said, I don't get why Tenay and Taz were so shocked to see Nash and Sting together for the first time in ages. They were in MEM together...
While they were in MEM together, Nash and Sting haven't teamed up together in a 2 man team in almost 2 years.

·
Administrator
58,999 Posts
And the nWo Wolfpac. And they teamed up a few times during the last year or two of WCW.

Terrible shame that it didn't end with him putting over the Frontline. That's how it was suppose to end.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
And the nWo Wolfpac. And they teamed up a few times during the last year or two of WCW.

Terrible shame that it didn't end with him putting over the Frontline. That's how it was suppose to end.
Wait are you suggesting the young guys in TNA should've won?

How dare you bring up such a ridiculous idea!! :side:

Frontline should've crushed Mafia at Slammy 2009, that storyline just dragged on way too long :rolleyes:

Oh well here's to the nWo of 2010-2011!

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
they figured out Scott Steiner didn't actually know math and they were too distraught to carry on.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts

Worst part is they could have done it twice. The storyline was fading out and it looked like the Mafia was just going to break up on it's own, but then all the drama with Jarrett and the Angles happened and they restarted the Mafia's dominance by having them win all the titles again. Honestly after the over year program the only ones that got a bump where Morgan and AJ, and we all know how well Morgan did after that.

BTW, best part of the angle was Steiner's epic promo burying the young guys when he first joined.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think fortune is going to be a better stable than MEM.

Im not removing till

[x] RVD is not champion anymore
[2] Fortune has all the titles
[ ] AJ styles,Angle,Joe,or Hardy is champ
[ ] Christian Cage is back in TNA
[ ] Randy Orton turns heel
[ ] Evan Bourne is in TNA
[ ] Jeff Jarrett uses his Guitar again

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
MEM was the best stable in years.

Loved it, wished it would have lasted longer with Joe & Morgan replacing Booker & Steiner over time.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
IMO, it fell apart when Christian left and they replaced him with Rhino. Christian was supposed to become the leader of Frontline but he left cause of Jarrett. After that it just slowly fell apart. Sting being conflicted and getting into it with Kurt and eventually getting kicked out. Samoa Joe joining the same people that freakin broke his arm. Then Kurt turning face out of nowhere. It's sad cause it would've been the greatest storyline TNA could've had.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I agree with the Christian comment.

I will say, even though it was car crash tv, MEM running the show was entertaining for what it was. Frustrating, but entertaining at the same time.

They had the biggest chance to push Joe though. It was annoying as hell. No one expected Joe to join with them, but there I was waiting for him to eventually break them down from the inside as his "heel for a week" instructor Taz had told him to

1 - 20 of 23 Posts