Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My god what a lousy slow paced match, and that Scorpion Deathlock Sting applied to Magnus was atrocious he was practically standing up the entire time in the hold, fans was even screaming "Sit down on it!". I mean The Rock's sharpshooter is 10 times better than the deathlock Sting performed on Magnus. The match was just boring and the ending was extremely anti climatic, the crowd was dead and Magnus was just barely holding Sting in that submission and Sting very easily just tapped out and that was it. It just felt way too forced as if Sting was purposely tapping out just as an attempt to help make Magnus a bigger star.

Just a horrible boring slow match with a dead crowd the entire time, lol if this match was supposed to "Make" Magnus, it failed. And the crowd wasn't booing Magnus because he won at the end they was booing because the match was pure shit. Sting should just retire already, he's just too slow and feeble now.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Yeah, Xplosion showed Sting vs AJ 2009 the other day, and even 4 years ago Sting was getting right down into the move. It was kind of embarrassing to see him barely bending his legs whilst Magnus sold like Hell, even moreso when you consider Sting's record.

Hopefully Hogan is actually gone now and Sting can move into the Legend/GM role. He can still go enough to actually get beat downs etc, but full-on matches? Not so sure anymore.

Strangely though, Sting's mic work is the best it's ever been. Now would be the perfect time for him to take Hogan's spot, especially since Hogan can't even deliver a few lines without botching.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Yeah, it was horrible, but you know what's shocking? It wasn't even the worst match on the show. UX and KO matches were even worse, bonafide DUDs.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, Xplosion showed Sting vs AJ 2009 the other day, and even 4 years ago Sting was getting right down into the move. It was kind of embarrassing to see him barely bending his legs whilst Magnus sold like Hell, even moreso when you consider Sting's record.

Hopefully Hogan is actually gone now and Sting can move into the Legend/GM role. He can still go enough to actually get beat downs etc, but full-on matches? Not so sure anymore.

Strangely though, Sting's mic work is the best it's ever been. Now would be the perfect time for him to take Hogan's spot, especially since Hogan can't even deliver a few lines without botching.
Yeah that was extremely awkward to watch Magnus selling like he was in serious pain while Sting was obviously half assing the hold and not even applying pressure.

·
Premium Member
9,454 Posts
My god what a lousy slow paced match, and that Scorpion Deathlock Sting applied to Magnus was atrocious he was practically standing up the entire time in the hold, fans was even screaming "Sit down on it!". I mean The Rock's sharpshooter is 10 times better than the deathlock Sting performed on Magnus. The match was just boring and the ending was extremely anti climatic, the crowd was dead and Magnus was just barely holding Sting in that submission and Sting very easily just tapped out and that was it. It just felt way too forced as if Sting was purposely tapping out just as an attempt to help make Magnus a bigger star.

Just a horrible boring slow match with a dead crowd the entire time, lol if this match was supposed to "Make" Magnus, it failed. And the crowd wasn't booing Magnus because he won at the end they was booing because the match was pure shit. Sting should just retire already, he's just too slow and feeble now.
At 54 Sting just doesn't have the knees to pull of the Scorpion Deathlock anymore. He should just stick to the the Death Drop for his finisher.

Look at this one from the early 90s at 1:24

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,693 Posts
And yet, people still want this washed-up, phoning-it-in, shirt-wearing clown to face the FUCKING UNDERTAKER AT WRESTLEMANIA.

·
Registered
11,519 Posts
I feel bad for Magnus, Cus it was all stings fault. What happend to sting still having it. He was so brutal so slow and he clearly no longer has it. I remember like a year ago his matches where still good.

Time to t hang the boots sting

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
..and people were expecting something special that could help "make" Magnus. it was a fail before it even started.
if they wanted one of MEM to face off against Magnus, it would have been better to be Angle.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Lame excuse for a match in the first place. Another one if TNAs random fights with no proper story line.

This one went:

Sting: "Magnus, it's BFG in two weeks....let's fight"

Magnus: "Duuuuh ok"

Sting: "I'm gonna make you famous"

Magnus: "Duuuuh ok".

At least Magnus got to go home to Mickie James after that fight...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
At least Magnus got to go home to Mickie James after that fight...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
..actually, they broke up.
Magnus had this tweet back on October 14. although I don't see it there anymore.
Only tweeting this to prevent rumours and speculation: Mickie James and I are not an item anymore. No drama/bs, just different directions.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
It's a shame Sting has aged so much, because this match was a perfect platform to put Magnus on the map. Unfortunately, Sting at this point is done. Not sure anybody can drag a good match out of him anymore. If Sting wants a last run, he needs to be off TV, have surgery and get into TV-ready shape. He's a former bodybuilder, so it shouldn't be to difficult. I know he has injuries, but the weak scorpion, T-Shirt and short match length made both look terrible. Vince wouldn't put up with it, neither should Dixie. Sting deserves respect, but they're running a business not a charity. If he can't pull it together, he needs to go.

Right now he can't help anybody as an active competitor. I hate to say it, because Sting is one of my all-time favorites

·
Banned
42 Posts
Sting himself admitted to how he has arthritic knees and he isn't what he used to be. I honestly feel pretty bad because the guy has always been a positive in the industry (at least to me). Let's see if he really can call it a day and move on or if he'll be like a lot of the other "big names from the past" and not be able to let go... *cough* Hogan *cough*

That being said the thing I did enjoy from the match was all the Flair references and isms (Flair flops everywhere!)

·
Registered
744 Posts
This is the first match where I thought "Damn, Sting got old."

The t-shirt is ridiculous too. Why can't he wear something like this? It would look a whole lot better:

·
Registered
13,375 Posts
Sting himself admitted to how he has arthritic knees and he isn't what he used to be. I honestly feel pretty bad because the guy has always been a positive in the industry (at least to me). Let's see if he really can call it a day and move on or if he'll be like a lot of the other "big names from the past" and not be able to let go... *cough* Hogan *cough*

That being said the thing I did enjoy from the match was all the Flair references and isms (Flair flops everywhere!)

He's 54 years old. He is already past the point of not letting it go.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
It's sad seeing Sting these days. That match against Aries will be his last good one. Age catches up with everyone, I doubt he's even working out much anymore either. He's had more than a good run though, time to call it a day.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's a shame Sting has aged so much, because this match was a perfect platform to put Magnus on the map. Unfortunately, Sting at this point is done. Not sure anybody can drag a good match out of him anymore. If Sting wants a last run, he needs to be off TV, have surgery and get into TV-ready shape. He's a former bodybuilder, so it shouldn't be to difficult. I know he has injuries, but the weak scorpion, T-Shirt and short match length made both look terrible. Vince wouldn't put up with it, neither should Dixie. Sting deserves respect, but they're running a business not a charity. If he can't pull it together, he needs to go.

Right now he can't help anybody as an active competitor. I hate to say it, because Sting is one of my all-time favorites
I think Aries could probably drag one last decent match out of Sting. Apart from Stings age it just really falls back on him phoning it in right now and not being motivated to work out harder. Seriously wtf happened to that one interview Sting did last year where he said he was on a new training regiment with Angle, and that he was gonna come back in the best shape of his life.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
WTF?!
Magnus went from Mickie James, to that?
I don't even know how old Magnus is, but that woman looks old enough to be his mother. Magnus the cougar hunter?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts