Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Speaking to Greg Lambert for Power Slam, Magnus was asked if he sees himself in WWE in the future. Lambert reasons he is 25 years old, can talk and meets their size requirements.

"I've been asked that many times. I'd be lying if I said that wasn't my ultimate goal when I first got into the business. But while I'm under contract here, I will do my job to the best of my abilities. But in this business, things change all the time. One day, you're happy and, the next day, you're furious," Magnus says.

"I would consider [the WWE] option, if the circumstances were great—but at the moment, I am happy in TNA. At the end of 2011, I was at the end of my rope. But then I got to work with [Samoa] Joe, and I've been used as a top guy in India for Ring Ka King. I'm getting to work with some of the best talent in the world. It's early in my career, and this is the best place for me. If I'd gone to WWE from the start, I would be surrounded by people who are just like me. Here, I am surrounded by the best talent, and that's the best way for me to learn an improve."

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
It's like I predicted, Magnus is WWE top face material, it will be near impossible for TNA to keep him in the long run. He's right about his talents, no doubt, he got the marketabillity and the skills to make it in WWE big time.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
It's like I predicted, Magnus is WWE top face material, it will be near impossible for TNA to keep him in the long run. He's right about his talents, no doubt, he got the marketabillity and the skills to make it in WWE big time.
You vastly overate him.

He is good, not as good as you make him out to be.

WWE would just give him their usual 'british brawler' gimmick.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Magnus was well received down in mexico the 2 times he was out there dude had the women going crazy, Magnus need to stop being scared and move to mexico and become a star like Vampiro did..

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
tna better push this guy to the top before he bolts to the wwe

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
You vastly overate him.

He is good, not as good as you make him out to be.

WWE would just give him their usual 'british brawler' gimmick.
:lmao

Ok, let's get down to opinions/facts:

Magnus is 25.

Magnus is 6'3" 240 lbs chizzeled whatever he is with a Hugh Jackman like look, marketable as anyone else.

Magnus has never been pushed yet has shown charisma en masse, akin to Rocky Maivia and The Ringmaster Steve Austin, two guys who would further become GOATs once they got their real characters and able to show their real potential. Magnus has yet to get this, but damn if he doesn't become greatness once he gets something great to work with.

Magnus has been in wrestling for a few years, yet already wrestles like a decent experienced wrestler, proving his passion and talent for the business.

Yup, this guy is not going to make it LOL. This guy is the same age as Crimson, do you really think that he will be just another talent once he hits his 30s? It's one thing to be this good as a veteran who worked wrestling for over ten years and is over 30 years old, it's another thing to be this good when you're a 25 year old rookie who has yet to sniff a singles push.

Reactions: Aid

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
I dunno, Magnus has primarily been a tag team wrestler and he works best in that role and tag teams aren't really existent in WWE, so I dunno...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Magnus is very underrated imo. His mic skills are excellent and the fact that he's british means we'll cheer until our voices are sore, just look at Wembley Arena.

His in ring skills aren't bad but not spectacular, but he's got an excellent look and TNA should defintely consider giving him a face/tweener push.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Pretty standard interview really - he said all of the right things. I definitely see a big future for him.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
SHOCKING!

Magnus is awesome, one of the most talented wrestlers in the world. Tailor-made for TV wrestling.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
:lmao

Ok, let's get down to opinions/facts:

Magnus is 25.

Magnus is 6'3" 240 lbs chizzeled whatever he is with a Hugh Jackman like look, marketable as anyone else.

Magnus has never been pushed yet has shown charisma en masse, akin to Rocky Maivia and The Ringmaster Steve Austin, two guys who would further become GOATs once they got their real characters and able to show their real potential. Magnus has yet to get this, but damn if he doesn't become greatness once he gets something great to work with.

Magnus has been in wrestling for a few years, yet already wrestles like a decent experienced wrestler, proving his passion and talent for the business.

Yup, this guy is not going to make it LOL. This guy is the same age as Crimson, do you really think that he will be just another talent once he hits his 30s? It's one thing to be this good as a veteran who worked wrestling for over ten years and is over 30 years old, it's another thing to be this good when you're a 25 year old rookie who has yet to sniff a singles push.
I never said he wasn't going to make it or wasn't extremely talented, I am saying you just overate him.

He should be a main eventer for TNA right now, thats for sure.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I really hope TNA have big plans for him somewhere down the line, I bet WWE would love to get their hands on him.

I'd quite like him to have a new ring name though, I mean 'Magnus'? Just not sure about it, especially when his real name Nick Aldis is pretty badass.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
I never said he wasn't going to make it or wasn't extremely talented, I am saying you just overate him.

He should be a main eventer for TNA right now, thats for sure.
I don't get your logic. I am not alone with this, Magnus is the only guy in wrestling right now that hasn't done anything notable in any capacity yet and people have still started loving him. This doesn't smell like average talent to me, this smells like major charisma right there. I don't know what's so hard to get about that. The last long promo he cut was in England and it was the most believeable babyface promo I've seen in a long time, a guy who can be the good guy but can actually make his role seem legit without sounding phony, a rare sight today. If WWE got him, they would push him above those nerds Sheamus and ADR right away.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
Loudness is right. Magnus is money. He is so talented and has so much potential that it's stupid for TNA to waste him. The guy was gone for months, and when TNA went to England he got a huge pop, something his fellow Brits didn't get. The guy has amazing charisma, a great look, decent in ring skills, and is good on the mic. He is fucking wasted in TNA.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
"man wants to work for leading company in his industry" absolute shocker

1 - 20 of 35 Posts