Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Following on from Lawls’ punishment, I think it’s fair we have a clear and transparent system of rules and regulations here. This is my guideline for what I think the rules should be, but people are welcome to change it.

Threatening to rep out/leave the section - Two game ban (suspended for six months)

Playing against win condition e.g. self-hammering - Two game ban (suspended for six months)

Outing yourself as an Indy that cannot win with town - Two game ban

Posting role PM - Four game ban

Threatening to out team - Ten game ban (second offenders should be permanently banned from the section)

And then for not showing up to mod - One year ban on modding games

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Obviously some are subjective so nuance may be needed e.g. with clearly forlorn indies

·
You were almost a Jill Sandwich
205 Posts
Following on from Lawls’ punishment, I think it’s fair we have a clear and transparent system of rules and regulations here. This is my guideline for what I think the rules should be, but people are welcome to change it.

Threatening to rep out/leave the section - Two game ban (suspended for six months)

Playing against win condition e.g. self-hammering - Two game ban (suspended for six months)

Outing yourself as an Indy that cannot win with town - Two game ban

Posting role PM - Four game ban

Threatening to out team - Ten game ban (second offenders should be permanently banned from the section)

And then for not showing up to mod - One year ban on modding games
:beckywhat

I'm not sure what makes you able to be the authority on these sorts of things. If anything, shouldn't LC or Shepherd have been the ones to post this sort of shit? Also who the hell voted on these sorts of punishments. There should have been a diplomatic poll on this shit, I say.

·
CHAMPION
1,170 Posts
Eh they should all be suspended so that people aren’t just getting banned for their first offence. Even the host thing, life can sometimes take over unexpectedly.

Also a ten game ban for THREATENING to out your team is wack. Threatening should be the same guidelines as threatening the other stuff. Actually outing your team, then id be fine with them just being banned for life but a 10 game ban is fine

Don’t think self hammering should really be punishable at all. Yes it’s annoying but eh. I don’t think you can just do an arbitrary rule there, would depend on the situation. I tried to self hammer in barry’s Game to stop the phase needlessly dragging on for more hours for example :draper2

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:beckywhat

I'm not sure what makes you able to be the authority on these sorts of things. If anything, shouldn't LC or Shepherd have been the ones to post this sort of shit? Also who the hell voted on these sorts of punishments. There should have been a diplomatic poll on this shit, I say.
I never said I was the authority, I was offering my opinion and opening a discussion. Hence “this is what I think it should be” and “people are welcome to change it”.

·
CHAMPION
1,170 Posts
I’d go like

Threatening to rep out/quit the section - No ban but the host can decide to Modkill and skip the day phase (or if they’re mafia then Modkill without skipping the day phase). Don’t think this really requires a ban

Threatening to out your team - 2 game ban suspended for 6 months, if a second offence in that 6 months then it’ll go to a 4 game ban

Outing yourself as an indy that can’t win with town - Modkill. Who cares if an indy does this? It’s lame as fuck but they’re only screwing themselves lol

Playing against your win condition - Appropriate Modkill and then we can do a 1-2 game ban if it’s something that’s actually serious

Posting role PM - 2 game ban suspended for 6 months

Not showing up to mod - 6 month hosting ban suspended for 6 months

For anyone that doesn’t know what a suspended sentence is, it’s basically a warning. The ban doesn’t actually happen unless you offend again during those 6 months

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For anyone that doesn’t know what a suspended sentence is, it’s basically a warning. The ban doesn’t actually happen unless you offend again during those 6 months
Having to explain a suspended sentence on a forum full of 20 something adults :bosque

I’d agree with your system

Also, happy birthday

·
How you doin?
2,879 Posts
I think some people can't read, especially when I stated multiple times I knew what one is :brodgers

:lmao at banning an Indy that outs themselves, put that idea in the fucking bin.

·
That's the way it has to be
1,124 Posts
:lmao at banning an Indy that outs themselves, put that idea in the fucking bin.
Agreed with this. You can't pull someone up for "playing against their win condition" when they're so deep in the shit that they can't realistically fulfill it anyway

·
The Terminator
471 Posts
I think some of these are extreme, but the one I noticed right away is the self-hammer rule. You guys never seemed to care about that and in a lot of ways seem to encourage it.

That being said, if you guys decide you don't want that there's no need to ban anyone over it, you just stop counting self-votes.

At WC we never did. Just like Barry wouldn't count self-votes in his here.

·
How you doin?
2,879 Posts
Also if mafia go after an Indy it's fair game for the Indy to out them and whoever else they can tbh :draper2

I remember there was one game I was an SK and only certain people could know what I was and they could only be mafia. They went after me so I outed them which is fair game imo.

·
In the bleak midwinter ....
1,927 Posts
^ no, thats just a giant middle finger to the game and the host

its not against the rules or anything, its just a massive cunt move

I think the ridicule that accompanies self voting/hammering is punishment enough

1 - 20 of 47 Posts