Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mafia Records 2017-2018

Mafia Records 2017-

Hosts please include a small summary of your game and post it here after the game has ended. Make it something that might be interesting to read years later (include names, unique events etc.). I'll edit them in periodically. Let's leave the old games out of this, but I'll accept the post-hiatus games if the hosts submit their summaries. Why do this? Idk someone asked in another thread, could be fun.

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Mafia by rop3 Link
Winner: Town / Indie Guardian Angel
Notes: Rare high activity game. Scum-Randumo claims town check on Indie rival Flay, who gets dueled and burns Randumo. Scum-Magic absorbs the Guardian Angel's role N1 and would have taken a fall for a townie. Town strong early game, but at 11/1 split scum Roy Mustang makes the comeback, but gets killed by vengeful townie Jigsaw at LyLo. Christo the Indie Guardian Angel gets killed N1, but wins as his protection target Poyser was one of the 2 to make it to the very end alive.

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts
Kingdom Hearts Mafia
Winner: Heartless
Notes: My first game to pass the 2000 post threshold. Good sign that Mafia is recovering. The most important role of the game in Sora (DocBlue) got killed by Flay Night 1. This combined with the whole... well, everyone knows what happened Day 1, and town was boned, it seemed like. But the game eventually ended up a 1-1-1 split, which was very exciting. Lawls squeaked out the victory for his team after Bearo tried to appeal to Impoliter and have him give Organization XIII the win, which resulted in Impoliter letting Lawls be victorious.

·
The People's MVP
1,948 Posts
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/mafia-archive/2209321-izombie-season-1-mafia-game.html]iZombie Season 1 Mafia

Winner: Meat Cute Aligned
Notes: My most active game with only 16 players getting over 100 more posts than my 21 player game which was my previous highest. An early sacrifice from Junk let Poyser take control of the game for his team. Poyser fell in love so much with bussing he decided to bus nearly his entire team and in the end it game down to a 2-1 split and he took home the W for his team. There was also confusion about the cop not getting any results since the mafia janitored the cop enabler

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Oh yeah I guess I should do this

The Wire Season 1 Mafia - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/mafia-archive/2192169-wire-season-1-mafia-game-finally.html

WINNERS: The Barksdale Organization

Notes: The unofficial revival game of Mafia 2017. Started off with the hilarious repgate by Junk who thought the returning Postage was scum because Postage repped Junk that he missed him. Turns out that Junk was right :lmao Postage eventually got shot at by Chr1st0. Sol Katti who was the serial killer also had a Mason he could talk to who was none other than Junk; Katti thought it'd be a great idea to reveal himself to be the SK to the Fiend (Town) Aligned Junk which got him snitched out by the partner he trusted. Junk would later also get lynched by trusting Town not to lynch because he was "Fiend Aligned". These damn junkies, don't know nothin' about da game. Magic, as scum would then step his game up a couple notches but not before getting on my tits about the setup. He ended getting vigilante Chr1st0 mislynched. The split eventually ended up getting to 3/3 but the game did not end due to a interrogator and a bodyguard in play for Town but neither of which made the right decision for their team to end up getting the victory. And so, The Barksdale Organization ended up victors and the war on drugs continues, here in this game, and out there in life.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,025 Posts
Sitcom Mafia - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/mafia-games/2214193-sitcom-mafia-game.html

Winner: Sitcom Aligned

Notes: Game started out with perhaps one of the most interesting Night 1's I've ever seen. Rugrat and Sol Katti were killed by the SK (T'Challa) and 2-Shot Vig (Impoliter). Jigsaw was copped by the 2-Shot Cop (Impeccable Sin) as Anti-Sitcom.The scum team decided to target a under the radar player like Curry who probably wouldn't have protection with their Janitor shot, on the chance he was a Town power role. Unbeknownst to the fact he was in actuality a Stump. From then on, it was tough for Scum to get going with only CamillePunk and Anark left standing. On Day 3, CP decided to buss Anark to have a decent chance with the game. He made a very believable Reporter claim, and was able to look fairly towny by 'catching' Anark.

The Town misylnched on Day 4 convinced Flay was scum, the only real 'down' phase for the Sitcom Aligned. As every other Day phase they had managed to hit non-town.

With no protection or roles, it was hard for CP to control the Night phases. There was also plenty of Town roles still out there, which he managed to avoid, which was really impressive. There was still Vig shots, Cop shots and Chr1st0 had an Inventor role where he could hand out items. He had to hope the Serial Killer, (T'Challa) would take out Town with him, but wasn't sure on who the SK was. T'Challa being lynched on Day 5 was the mark of the end of the game, and with CP unable to stop or block the final Vig kill given out by Chr1st0 and used by Impoliter there was no way for him to possibly win from that point onwards.

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts
The Wire Season 1 Mafia - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/mafia-archive/2192169-wire-season-1-mafia-game-finally.html

WINNERS: The Barksdale Organization

Notes: The unofficial revival game of Mafia 2017.
Deathnote Mafia - Link

WINNERS:SPK
MVP:Magic
Notes:The official revival game of Mafia 2017. An experimental set up with five different factions, one townsperson and two indys. It was a heavily bastardized game and as such much of the game was met with confusion. Yotsuba never really got their footing and Sol Katti as Light found it difficult to figure out his place in the game. L and Watari died fairly early in the game and the SPK pretty much ran the game from start to finish. Thunderjet88 made his mafia debut (I think).

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts
??? Mafia
Winner: Mafia
Notes: My first official bastard setup with ridiculous roles like Superman, negative utility roles, lynch-stopping nonsense, and a Nexus Roleblocker which helped Flay be "confirmed town" and lead his team to victory via a POE system that had a 0% chance of succeeding. Highlight of the game was giving Magic an Oxi PR that everyone thoroughly enjoyed until Junk decided to hex the word "feminine" with his role and kill Magic off in the middle of Day 1. All in all... I am a bastard-coated bastard with bastard filling.

·
Mafia God
2,033 Posts
Pokemafia Gen III

Winner: Town

Notes: A very active game, poor role usage gimped Scum early on, and a few unfortunate shots from the SK sealed their chances. Pez, as the SK was the final non town survivor, but was caught out by POE and final day that didn't do justice to how well he'd played throughout the game. Honorable mentions went to That Guy for town, Pez as SK, and the Fourth Wall for the scum team. Ultimate MVP was Titania.

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Poisonous Hip Hop Mafia by rop3 Link
Winner: Town
Notes: First open setup game we've done in a long time. Both sides had a poisoner and a few other roles. Everything went surprisingly well for town, not so much for mafia. Magic repped in to poison two scum, and Town-Poyser was writing essays in the game thread, doubling the post count of the next guy. In the one day that had poison come into play, Skybox healed the right person between a townie and a scum. Game featured impromptu rapping in an attempt to summon the ghost of IMPULSE.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
The King Of Iron Fist Mafia 1 - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/mafia-games/2231385-king-iron-fist-mafia-1-game.html

WINNERS: MFG Aligned

Experimental game where everybody had duel shots. A lot of trial and error in the game. Originally there was no lynch in the game till CP complained then there was a lynch. Magic picked out scum man Doddsy from seemingly out of nowhere. Doddsy managed to avoid the lynch by a bees dick and turn the lynch around on Magic. Game ended when Lawls duelled Alco and there was no way for scum to lose afterwards.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,025 Posts
Treasure Hunt Mafia - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/mafia-games/2244529-treasure-hunt-mafia-arr-mateys.html

Winners: Outlaw Aligned
MVP: Poyser

Notes: Where do I even start? :aryha By far the craziest game I've ever done. Night phases took me about 2-3 hours to set-up. It featured Currency, Rarities, Trading. Just a lot of stuff going on. Was an absolute blast to host, and seeing how players would take to it, and try to achieve the win. The scum team were very strong on paper, with some really good players. But they all started off as roleless. Was a rollercoaster ride, with roles flying everywhere. Kills flying everywhere. Just crazy stupid fun. Some of the highlights were Magic's incredible case on Titania and Curry being crossbowed which both shifted the game a fair deal. Scum took a few blows, but were very composed, and Poyser did a great job of leading the team to victory. Scum became super OP when Impoliter managed to gain enough points to buy the Vig Shot from The Merchant. Which gave scum two kills. This paired with Treasure Poyser had discovered to reload X-Shot roles meant that Impoliter became even more OP. From this point, it was clear what the outcome was probably going to be.

TL:DR: Crazy fun game that ended up in a scum win. I could probably go on for hours about this game. Many restless nights setting up the phases.

·
Pretty Good
553 Posts
Final Fantasy IX Mafia

Winners: Town Aligned
MVP: CamillePunk
HMs: SK, Reaper

Notes: A theme that had been done fair bit over the years here, so I decided to mix it up a bit with a multi-scum set-up. The split of 11/3/3/1 put town up against the wall from the very beginning however the thought was that given there's a good chance of mafia cross-fire, town will potentially need to only lynch/kill ~4 scum to win it, and as it happens they only needed to kill 3 as there was a day-kill gambit (by Gambit) and both teams cross-fired in a hectic Night 4 that sealed the game for town. One thing I'll be taking from this game is how well the VTs played, with CP in particular shining and showing that even if you don't have a night role or an impressive claim, general play, scum hunting and POE are what ultimately wins games for town.

·
From parts unknown
23,177 Posts
80's Movie Mafia - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/mafia-games/2269665-popular-80s-movie-mafia-game.html

Winners - Mafia Aligned
MVP: Sol Katti

Town got themselves in the hole early with not lynching on D1 and then following it up with a pretty bad performance through the first 5 phases or so. The Vig/Serial Killer combined to give Mafia extra kills and by the 4th Day, Town was already in lylo when Curry and Xenus combined for some good teamwork to eventually lynch Poyser who with his team were gunning for a clean sweep. With the sweep ruined, and town starting to close in on who mafia were slowly, it seemed like they might have been able to make this close, but no cigar. Lynching the Serial Killer during the next lylo phase ensured a scum win with Sol Katti picking up the MVP and Chimpy gaining the assist.

Some notables:

- Town managed to "succeed" on only 2 of their role shots the entire game: Sweenz copping Xenus and Curry winning his duel against Poyser.
- Doddsy changed his mind on jailkeep during a night phase which allowed the SK and Scum to kill Magic. That one shot could have changed the entire game
- LC was able to get off on a very shoddy claim where town turned around and lynched the claimed tracker instead
- Chimpy managed to make his Survivor claim work despite going against his own team's instincts.

·
Chr1st0’s Top Deputy
4,178 Posts
Who Killed JunkheadX? Mafia
Winners: Town

MVP: It's
Honorable Mention: Sol Katti (Figured i'd name someone and felt that he deserved it.)

Same theme as in 2013 when I originally did it, but different players mixed in with players who had already played the theme gave an interesting dynamic. I made the Tracker town best power role and due to the Killer not getting his targets lynched and gaining the extra kill this time it lead to a very good shot by It's on Doddsy to seal an early victory for town. First game in the history of ever too end with a town win after only one mafia player was lynched.

Might have overpowered towna little, but mafia weren't able to capitalize on the lynch dynamic likely because town was weary from the start or bad targets were chosen or accomplices failed in pushing (they were down a man tbf) :draper2

I liked hosting, wanted to see what would happen on a retry and the complete opposite from the first game happened. Town lynched the killer before any accomplice here and in the arly version the killer won and 2 accomplices survived till the end on solid fakes.

I kinda did atwo in one with differences from the first version but hey this was a mafia experiment for me. I loved the survivor variant in this game and judging by LC's reaction in the QT she liked it too, too bad she ended up getting killed n1 by the killer, would have been a blast seeing LC help the killer from the shadows lol as I'd have played it.

Thank for playing Guys!

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Attack on Titan Mafia by rop3
Notes: Town lynched their cop (Laughable Chimp) on D2 and got swept by D3. Great scum performances by Christo and Magic (others did OK too!). Doddsy GOAT'ing as town but no-one listened to him. Some new people (to me) like Xenus and Jman played in this one. Bananas drew great pictures as the Drawing Oracle and Curry and Sol Katti tried to sort out their alignments in the mason QT. Flay was annoying people on D1, but calmed down when I asked him to chill, thanks to him for that. Balance favored mafia though it could have swung the other way too. Game featured some story and a lot of pictures (and role cards!). Maybe next time I will spend more time on balance than aesthetic :hmm:

·
Pretty Good
553 Posts
Monty Python Mafia

MVP: Doddsy
HMs: Magic, Poyser (LC and Jamn for unofficial HMs)

Notes: This was a fast and furious game that managed to fit in 2500 posts and 10 phases in just 5 days. I was thrilled with the activity, although early game I was very worried that the mafia recruiter would be lynched before he had a chance to recruit which would have thrown the balance of the game way out. Thankfully Skybox came up with a clever fake and averted that crisis. Then the scum team made a crucial recruit of Jamn, who was one of the few players that would keep his role if recruited and was the Judge/Mayor (Pontius Pilate) and his power to overthrow a lynch meant if he saved his role, scum could win a cycle earlier than usual. After LC shot Skybox, town became aware of the potential recruit, and after mass claim, Poyser was needling Jamn to use his role immediately and in favour of town in case he was the recruit, but Magic and Doddsy did enough to distract town into not going along with Poyser. By the end most seemed to have the scum team figured out, but Gambit and Reaper opting to vote LC who was the outted SK instead of lynching Jamn and forcing him to use his role proved to be the difference between town winning and losing. Thanks to everyone for playing though and special thanks for Gambit for repping in and Xenus, who played on despite having a death in the family during the game.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
Mafia Legends

MVP: SK
HM: Curry
HM: Sweenz

Town started off rather poorly with mafia in control for most of the game until some luck of a randomizer turned the game around. LC was caught early via doc after he shot her at night and she survived while rugrat died due to a modding mistake, which ultimately helped mafia as it created confusion with them being compensated his roleblock. Town ended winning in a close game after excellent role usage(well timing of usage) by sweenz using a randomizer to completely fuck up the mafia teams' night actions leading to Xenus being caught and eventually SK who had to admit he received a double vote from a previously undisclosed gravedigging role. Prior to that SK and Curry had been largely unsuspected and played excellent, hence the post-game honours, and doc/sweenz/rop3 played well for town. The setup was rather unconventional with a lot of norm roles being excluded and a lot of uncommon roles being used, which was fun to watch.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
I Choo Choo Choose You Mafia

Winners: Town & Survivor
MVP: KUZMA
HMs: Poyser & Big_Man

Notes: A different game where people submitted three roles they wanted to be and I had to pick between them. Scum weren't able to have any influence on early proceedings and were steamrolled really. Mid-Day 1 Skybox (Town) sacrificed himself to take out Banes (Mafia), Rugrat (Mafia) was lynched at the end of Day 1, Night 1 saw Poyser (Town) Vig Jamaican (Mafia) and by the end of Day 2 Mafia were all done as Reap (Mafia) was lynched. KUZMA kindly offered to rep in to try to make a fight of it even knowing Reap was likely to be lynched and he had no team-mates but he was fighting against his own previous scum read on Reap. The final scum in PHEN0M (Serial Killer) was taken out pretty sharpish thanks to Big_Man (Town) Jailkeeping him. Town therefore won with 5 remaining along with Roy Mustang (Survivor) who also did well. One of the most impressive collective Town performances I can recall and one of the best early game POEs from Magic who pretty much narrowed down all the scum on D1.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts