Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· SGT. AT ARMS
26,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyone think about her mega push she's been having? I really like it cause she's got charisma, she's pretty hot and she can wrestle. My only complaint is she need's to have longer matches, almost every week she just squashes anyone she's against, like Roxxi, ODB and Alyssa Flash.

· Registered
4,026 Posts
Whats everyone think about her mega push she's been having? I really like it cause she's got charisma, she's pretty hot and she can wrestle. My only complaint is she need's to have longer matches, almost every week she just squashes anyone she's against, like Roxxi, ODB and Alyssa Flash.
it started off nice, right now? it's boring, it got old, re-watch all her title defenses, every single one of them ends up with her cheating, DQ, run ins from tara, squashes for old knockouts...

don't be surprised if mickie james has to cut her hair at lockdown...

· SGT. AT ARMS
26,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it started off nice, right now? it's boring, it got old, re-watch all her title defenses, every single one of them ends up with her cheating, DQ, run ins from tara, squashes for old knockouts...

don't be surprised if mickie james has to cut her hair at lockdown...
I see your point but winning by cheating and run ins is what a heel champion is supposed to do, that way when they finally lose the title its that much better. Go back to Triple H when he was a heel in 99 and in 2003-2005 he almost never defended his title successfully without cheating or having help from someone.

· Registered
4,026 Posts
I see your point but winning by cheating and run ins is what a heel champion is supposed to do, that way when they finally lose the title its that much better. Go back to Triple H when he was a heel in 99 and in 2003-2005 he almost never defended his title successfully without cheating or having help from someone.
problem is madyson is not triple H, i mean a clean win never hurts once in a while, if you keep cheating your way to defend your title for too long, people will get tired of it, and by the time you drop the title to a babyface... no one will feel the satisfaction because it took too long

like a phrase says "good wines have to be preserved... however, they can be ruined if you preserve them for too long"

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
I like it but not at the expense of her beating talent like Alissa Flash so quickly. The matches could be booked alot better.

· Registered
2,261 Posts
i'd like it better if her matches were like 4-5 minutes, not just 1. i think it was cool to bring out random former Knockouts to fight her, just wish the match quality was higher. i like her. only other Knockouts i'd want to hold the belt are Tara or Mickie.

· Registered
624 Posts
When Madison got the pin for her first title, I was a little wowed. Because I didn't see that she could get a champion-reign, let alone, such a longlasting reign. On the other hand, although most people like her heel-character, I don't. She seems rather annoying than heelish. You have chances to get heat while beeing insulting, cheating, a real dirtbag. But she is driving her annoying style to a level which I can't find watchable. And now she is gettin' some kind of legend-killer runs where she is defeating some of the greatest KO's to make her look evil and superiour. This is rather irritating than good.

· Squared Circle Gimmick
5,636 Posts
I like it but not at the expense of her beating talent like Alissa Flash so quickly. The matches could be booked alot better.
Well, at least the Flash match could've been longer. I believe the girls coming back to face Rayne have been on off's... Part of the "strong" making process.

Why wouldn't you have your promotions Women's Champion beat a talent like Alissa Flash?

· Registered
504 Posts
not really, see Vader or Lance Storm or Steven (William) Regal in WCW. heel champs who had long title reigns without cheating to win, which made the face who beat them get huge pops because they defeated a heel who won by his ring abilities.

· Premium Member
2,950 Posts
not really, see Vader or Lance Storm or Steven (William) Regal in WCW. heel champs who had long title reigns without cheating to win, which made the face who beat them get huge pops because they defeated a heel who won by his ring abilities.
This. If Rayne had longer and more credible matches, which she is capable of, her losing the title would actually mean something.

With things are the way they are now when she does lose the title it's going to come off as "Finally".

· Registered
679 Posts
I think she'w an awesome KO and champion. But I agree with the OP, she needs longer match. It's not her fault ... just watch some SHIMMER she's a very capable wrestler.

Plus she's hot and I like her Killing Queen gimmick !

· Registered
7,396 Posts
she's one of the 2 good things about tna

· Registered
4,034 Posts
TNA is doing a pretty good job with her.

· Registered
861 Posts
I do really like her character, and how it has evolved. I don't find any of the matches all that terrific, but they are not unbearable. I was really mad that Alissa Flash was brought back for that short shitty match. the ODB match was real good, I hope she gets more quality matches like that before losing the title.

edit: also, it is nice to see them actually stand behind a talent best known for their work in TNA. Sorta like Gail Kim, you knew she was the big star when she was.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.